North Forest ISD to shut down

Guest octfeb

[quote name="Stranger" post="1113543" timestamp="1321066776"]
I'm not sure anybody really "benefits" from this situation. HISD is supposedly going to take those 7500 students but I bet some of them end up in Sheldon ISD, Humble ISD, and even Aldine ISD.
[/quote]

Rest assured, that area will se more development now that NFISD is gone.    But in the mean time, its going to push your athletes to programs that succeed.  the area is a good 20 years away from recovering, still an extremely rural area for being "urban"

Guest beechnut
Shame this happen and only ones to blame are the parents and crooked admin and school board. I'm a product of NFISD and @ one time a good district. Now this? Send our kids to Humble or Aldine bc HISD is just as bad. hISD wants our kids for money that's it bc creates jobs or keeps them. Sad day.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1114464" timestamp="1321101258"]
Shame this happen and [b]only ones to blame are the parents and crooked admin and school board.[/b] I'm a product of NFISD and @ one time a good district. Now this? Send our kids to Humble or Aldine bc HISD is just as bad. [b]hISD wants our kids for money[/b] that's it bc creates jobs or keeps them. Sad day.
[/quote]I agree... Thats probably the only reason HISD agreed to take them.. I dunno why some of them couldn't go to C.E.King.. And as for blame? It should have started with the parents filing complaints LONG ago. If I worked for the TEA, these parents that starting complaining after the fact would hold no merit with me.. Just my opinion.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="SFA85" post="1114572" timestamp="1321106415"]
I sure hate this.  Had 4 cousins graduated from then Forest Brook.  Lot of history gone.  Cashmere and the school just to the west of NFISD across US 59 should benefit....
[/quote]

Has anyone been to Kashmere lately? DUMP NFISD facilites are much better and plus there are what three hundred kids there? HISD wake up and shut down Furr, Kashmere and send the kids to the new Wheatly who has a brand new high skewl. HISD tries to be so politcally correct and drown in dumbness. I went to HISD and thank GOD that my father had enough sense to move to Scenic Woods. Need I say more? Good old days at Apache Park are still on my radar.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami