Like Prewitt did, Lamar must endure

[quote name="bigred360" post="1110166" timestamp="1320879845"]
Well, a true QB draw even out of the pistol or spread the QB takes a step or two back then normally tries to hit a lane between the center and guard. The read option on the other hand it taken outside the tackle.

Yea, he carried the ball over twenty times but I guess that was just part of the game plan.

Go Big Red!
[/quote]

Well thanks...golly, who knew what a qb draw was!!

There were other designed running plays for the qb besides the draw.  They had at least (not counting the option) a half dozen designed running plays for the qb.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1109770" timestamp="1320812742"]
[quote author=cardinal link=topic=91095.msg1109718#msg1109718 date=1320810105]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=91095.msg1109378#msg1109378 date=1320792738]
I repeat my earlier stance...........WHO CARES WHO THE QB IS........we want to compete, and win games!!!!!
[/quote]

Duh!!!!  That is why peoPle care!!!  [b]Dont you think the ab could possibly gave an effect on whether or not we win?!!!![/b]  I want to play the best qb!!!!  That said, if we play like we have the last two weeks it literally does not matter who plays.  We will not win with our o-line abd defense plYing like that.
[/quote]

Do you know how to correctly construct an English sentence????
[/quote]
Seriously?!  You can't see that those are typo's?!  Would you really like to get into an intelligence debate/contest?  You will definitely lose that one.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1110096" timestamp="1320875982"]
Well, the depth chart is out for the game Saturday and Prewitt is listed #1, Bevil #2 and Johnson #3.

You can see for yourself at www.lamarcardinals.com.

BTW, most of Prewitt runs against SFA weren't draws, they were read option plays and he read the DE and kept the ball. Still got hammered.

Think Red, Think Lamar!
[/quote]
I listened to the entire game so I did not have the pleasure of seeing it in person.  Assuming Bo Brown and Harold Mann were calling the game accurately, there nearly a half dozen designed qb runs that were not read options and were not qb draws. Additionally, it sounded like almost every time the rb was given the ball on the read play he was hammered as well.  So, either the qb was misreading every single play or the offensive line was not blocking adequately.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83