Hemphill Vs Deweyville

Why has Hemphill's defense been so bad while their offense has been pretty good?  Why can't the same athletes that are successful on offense be successful on defense? It's a 2a school.  Surely their best athletes are playing on both sides of the ball?  So what's the deal?

[quote name="Hobbs" post="1100148" timestamp="1320017027"]
Why has Hemphill's defense been so bad while their offense has been pretty good?  Why can't the same athletes that are successful on offense be successful on defense? It's a 2a school.  Surely their best athletes are playing on both sides of the ball?  So what's the deal?
[/quote]

actually Hemphill's 2 best athletes don't play a ton of defense.  If you take those two away the offense would be just as woeful as the defense...but with those 2 Hemphill has a good chance to put up alot of points.

[/quote]

I think they have the ability to play good defense....just bad coaching IMO.

[/quote]
Hemphill is the greatest example of a one man team in the history of high school football. They have one athlete that is light years beyond anyone in the region.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1100323" timestamp="1320028379"]
[quote author=Hobbs link=topic=90706.msg1100148#msg1100148 date=1320017027]
[/quote]
Hemphill is the greatest example of a one man team in the history of high school football. They have one athlete that is light years beyond anyone in the region.
[/quote]

I dont see him staying in Hemphill....already a bunch of rumors going around about him moving to Lufkin...

He for sure has the talent to excel at the position. 

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1100371" timestamp="1320031333"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=90706.msg1100323#msg1100323 date=1320028379]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I dont see him staying in Hemphill....already a bunch of rumors going around about him moving to Lufkin...

He for sure has the talent to excel at the position.

Yea, it's a shame that a young man with that much talent isn't even going to see the playoffs. The Hornets have this one in another High scoring affair.
[/quote]

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1100200" timestamp="1320020535"]
[/quote]

I think they have the ability to play good defense....just bad coaching IMO.
[/quote]

Can't always blame it on the coaching!  So are you saying the the DC and the last 3 DC's can't coach?  I will agree that last year's DC was an idiot! But I don't think you can blame it on this guy now!  HH defense has been bad since 2008.....might be a combination of things!

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1101066" timestamp="1320099123"]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=90706.msg1100540#msg1100540 date=1320071761]
The Defense this year is a lot worse than last year!  Leaps and bounds worse!
[/quote]

I totally agree!!  But Hemphill thought getting rid folks was going to change that!
[/quote]

I do not think that you can have a offense that good, and a defense that bad.... especially if a lot of the kids play both ways. 

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1101085" timestamp="1320101245"]
[quote author=wildcats35 link=topic=90706.msg1101066#msg1101066 date=1320099123]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=90706.msg1100540#msg1100540 date=1320071761]
The Defense this year is a lot worse than last year!  Leaps and bounds worse!
[/quote]

I totally agree!!  But Hemphill thought getting rid folks was going to change that!
[/quote]

I do not think that you can have a offense that good, and a defense that bad.... especially if a lot of the kids play both ways.
[/quote]
Some athletes are just not defensive players. You have to be willing to put the hat on someone. The speed that Hemphill exhibits on the offensive side of the ball can't be seen at all on the defensive side. You have to like contact and I didn't see that friday night from Hemphills D. They will have enough stops this week to beat the pirates.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami