BH vs Crosby Who do you got?

BHFAN

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1101678" timestamp="1320168963"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90675.msg1101616#msg1101616 date=1320165761]
Just saying crosby took denny out last year why risk it but whatever
[/quote]

I think it was GCM that took out Denny last year. We played and beat Crosby with our back up.
[/quote]

The only way GCM took out Denny is if it was on a date. Seems I remember he got hurt the last game of the year.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1101748" timestamp="1320171755"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=90675.msg1101678#msg1101678 date=1320168963]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90675.msg1101616#msg1101616 date=1320165761]
Just saying crosby took denny out last year why risk it but whatever
[/quote]

I think it was GCM that took out Denny last year. We played and beat Crosby with our back up.
[/quote]

The only way GCM took out Denny is if it was on a date. Seems I remember he got hurt the last game of the year.
[/quote]

Your probably right ;D I know it happend at BH last year on a long run by Denny. I though we played in Crosby last year and played yall at home!

[quote name="hitman009" post="1101615" timestamp="1320165697"]
I gave credit to Datyon for playing a good game and winning..
But in IMO Crosby is the better team...
lets compare the two in district
Total O yds - Crosby wins +349 yards gained
Total D yds- Crosby wins -69 yards given up
Total O score - Crosby wins +52 points scored
Total D score - Crosby wins -8 points allowed
and for everyone saying the refs were one sided....
Dayton 97 yards Crosby 75 yards.  Looks like they were throwing the flag on both sides of the ball...
Crosby beat them in almost every catigory except the one that counts... the score..

I don't know what more to say except I have seen both play more that one game and I feel Crosby is better!!
[/quote]

You're looking at stats from The Chron....bad idea. 

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1101758" timestamp="1320172182"]
Just checked the Stats from last years BH/Croasby game and Denny was in that game. My Bad! I can't remember crap anymore ;D
[/quote]
Denny was injured right before halftime in Crosby on a horsecollar tackle out of bounds, Townley played the second half and torched the Crosby secondary.

[quote name="hitman009" post="1101381" timestamp="1320155393"]
I really think Crosby will be the toughest team they have played all year.  They are better than Dayton no doubt.  [b]Crosby just shoot themselves in the foot too many times during that game… false start penalties, dropped punt, penalties on 3rd and long to keep the Dayton O on the field to score. [/b]. and it still took Dayton a kickoff return and a dropped pass in the end zone at the end of the game to beat them.  The real Crosby team I have seen is what they look like on the first 2 series.. both O and D…
Nothing against Dayton but I feel Crosby is the better team… just did not show it… But that is why you play the game… congrats Dayton on the win..
Now 2 factors will affect this game…
1. Will Gage keep in his starters the whole game???  This game does not matter much… they have locked the 1 seed and district champs.. and as they found out last year, lost their QB for the playoffs,  Crosby has a tendency to hit hard every once and a while and Injure some players…  What is his goal… to be undefeated and keep momentum while entering the playoffs or make sure all his players are healthy…
2. How will Crosby react… The lost last week to Dayton may of hurt their pride.. especially to a team they felt they should have beat… will their kids play to the performance they can or will they fold..  yes they would like to win to regain some confidence but they have locked a playoff spot… will Flanigan rest some of his starters..
Well all of these questions will be answered Friday night!!  Good luck to both teams on Friday and the playoffs… Lets all represent 19-4A well in the playoffs!!
[/quote]  Crosby the better team? I don't think so... Evenly matched? more likely... considering 2 of Dayton's key players were out with injuries... If they would have been able to play... Dayton would have been the better team..

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1101586" timestamp="1320163865"]
What statement would that be if bh wins crosby will be 5-5
[/quote]

We where worse last year and still won a playoff game. Just saying 5-5 is a testament to the level of competition.

Dayton game was great, we had a chance to break Daytons will and didn't they got confidence and won the game.

This game i see this way.

If the Cougars can score early, they might have a chance, because i believe that BH can put up 35 on the board pretty consistently, the cougar will have to expose this defense to win, the offensive gameplan will have to be run to perfection. This is the type of game that Flanigan needs to win to set his pedigree on this district... i.e. he has to out coach BH's defensive staff to win. He did it to Neuman 3 years in a row, he needs to start doing it to BH and Dayton (previously i don't think he was in the same category of x and o's as Stewart but has a chance against this new guy).

Regardless this is a rebuilding year that has gone quite well from the Cougars point of view.

We have probably 10 sophomores seeing consistent playing time, that's going to be huge in the next 2 years.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1101900" timestamp="1320186079"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90675.msg1101586#msg1101586 date=1320163865]
What statement would that be if bh wins crosby will be 5-5
[/quote]

We where worse last year and still won a playoff game. Just saying 5-5 is a testament to the level of competition.

Dayton game was great, we had a chance to break Daytons will and didn't they got confidence and won the game.

This game i see this way.

If the Cougars can score early, they might have a chance, because i believe that BH can put up 35 on the board pretty consistently, the cougar will have to expose this defense to win, the offensive gameplan will have to be run to perfection. This is the type of game that Flanigan needs to win to set his pedigree on this district... i.e. he has to out coach BH's defensive staff to win. He did it to Neuman 3 years in a row, he needs to start doing it to BH and Dayton (previously i don't think he was in the same category of x and o's as Stewart but has a chance against this new guy).

Regardless this is a rebuilding year that has gone quite well from the Cougars point of view.

We have probably 10 sophomores seeing consistent playing time, that's going to be huge in the next 2 years.
[/quote]

I'm looking forward to this matchup. The thing about BH this year is we are playing great team defense and offense. Sure we are very strong at lb but every game you have different kids stepping up and making plays on both sides of the ball. It has been fun watching the kids get better every game.

I'm hoping both teams come out of this game healthy and ready to drop the hammer on 20-4A. 8)

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1101865" timestamp="1320181351"]
I doubt very seriously that the BH coaches and players are looking past Crosby. Once again, this is the only game I care about right now. What about it Hitman009 and Cougtalk, tell me about that dynamic twin duo everyone is raving about.
[/quote]

Since you asked... i have a prediction... if the Cougs win it will be because of a senior not the twins... the twins will keep us in the game but its gonna be one of those seniors to win it.

Last week we gave one of our Seniors 2 opportunities to tie the football game, and he came darn close.

Watch out i predict a big game by our leading receiver Jacoby Scott.

Here is some stats for everyone to munch on ;D

[u][b]Like opponents[/b][/u]
[b]Baytown Lee[/b]

Crosby Lost 33-32
BH Won 49-7

[b]North Forest[/b]

Crosby Won 48-18
BH Won 27-0

[b]CE King[/b]

Crosby Won 45-17
BH Won 38-10

[b]Galena Park[/b]

Crosby Won 42-14
BH Won 47-7

[b]GCM[/b]

Crosby Won 20-14
BH Won 42-6

[b]Dayton[/b]

Crosby Lost 31-24
BH Won 31-24

[b]Totals for District[/b]

Crosby scored 211 points and gave up 127 Points.
BH scored 234 points and gave up 54 Points.

[b]Setx Sports Stats[/b]

[u][b]Offensive Team Stats[/b][/u]

[b]Scoring Average[/b]
Crosby -34.00
BH -33.89

[b]Total Yards Average[/b]
Crosby -421.00
BH -357.78

[b]Rushing Average[/b]
BH -274.89
Crosby -269.33

[b]Passing Average[/b]
Crosby -151.67
BH -82.89

[u][b]Defensive Team Statistics[/b][/u]

[b]Scoring Average[/b]
BH- 7.78
Crosby -29.00

BH- 204.00
Crosby- 347.11

[b]Rushing Yards Average[/b]
BH- 105.78
Crosby- 154.22

[b]Passing Yards Average[/b]
BH- 98.22
Crosby -192.89

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1102215" timestamp="1320241198"]
Here is some stats for everyone to munch on ;D

[u][b]Like opponents[/b][/u]
[b]Baytown Lee[/b]

Crosby Lost 33-32
BH Won 49-7

[b]North Forest[/b]

Crosby Won 48-18
BH Won 27-0

[b]CE King[/b]

Crosby Won 45-17
BH Won 38-10

[b]Galena Park[/b]

Crosby Won 42-14
BH Won 47-7

[b]GCM[/b]

Crosby Won 20-14
BH Won 42-6

[b]Dayton[/b]

Crosby Lost 31-24
BH Won 31-24

[b]Totals for District[/b]

Crosby scored 211 points and gave up 127 Points.
BH scored 234 points and gave up 54 Points.

[b]Setx Sports Stats[/b]

[u][b]Offensive Team Stats[/b][/u]

[b]Scoring Average[/b]
Crosby -34.00
BH -33.89

Crosby -421.00
BH -357.78

[b]Rushing Average[/b]
BH -274.89
Crosby -269.33

[b]Passing Average[/b]
Crosby -151.67
BH -82.89

[u][b]Defensive Team Statistics[/b][/u]

[b]Scoring Average[/b]
BH- 7.78
Crosby -29.00

BH- 204.00
Crosby- 347.11

[b]Rushing Yards Average[/b]
BH- 105.78
Crosby- 154.22

[b]Passing Yards Average[/b]
BH- 98.22
Crosby -192.89
[/quote]

You should see how our stats compare to PNG.  Not even close. PNG who? 

Man, if only we could play a team that has played PNG this year.... wait a minute, did Crosby play PNG? Why yes they did... oh and they beat PNG. Wow! So if we beat a second team that played and beat PNG in the same year then that would mean by golly, we will probably beat ...... First things first, hey Crosby how about we lock up Friday and show our neighbors how we play ball in 19-4A?

Eagles and Cougars . "yeah I like that kinda party"

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1102252" timestamp="1320243436"]
[quote author=vpdb78 link=topic=90675.msg1102245#msg1102245 date=1320242950]
Crosby
[/quote]

Attention Crosby !!!

[move][color=purple][b]WE HAVE FOUND A DAYTON POSTER THAT IS PULLING FOR YOU[/b][/color] ;D[/move]
[/quote]

Would that be OctoMom?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder