BH vs Crosby Who do you got?

BHFAN

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1101034" timestamp="1320096118"]
Yeah our running back who was the offensive mvp of 19 4a has been out all year with a compound fracture from last year. The kid was 200 pounds and ran a 10.6 100 meter defenite d1 talent.
[/quote]Isn't JD a senior this year?

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1101034" timestamp="1320096118"]
Yeah our running back who was the offensive mvp of 19 4a has been out all year with a compound fracture from last year. The kid was 200 pounds and ran a 10.6 100 meter defenite d1 talent.
[/quote]

Hope he gets a chance to play at the next level. Does he have any offers? He can always try to walk on if he is that good.

The big thing that has picked up for BH at this point in the year is their Offense! At the beginning of the year the O was fair, but the last 2-3 game BH's offense has been impressive! Mix that in with an already stout Defense and these boys can play with anyone! If this was a game of meaning I think BH could torch Crosby in the same fashion as GCM, but I don't think they will show to much of their cards knowing the scouts will be out  I think BH does just what is necessary to win this game and nothing else. I think you will also see this same strategy during the playoff games.....

[quote name="valium417" post="1101316" timestamp="1320149265"]
The big thing that has picked up for BH at this point in the year is their Offense! At the beginning of the year the O was fair, but the last 2-3 game BH's offense has been impressive! Mix that in with an already stout Defense and these boys can play with anyone! If this was a game of meaning I think BH could torch Crosby in the same fashion as GCM, but I don't think they will show to much of their cards knowing the scouts will be out  I think BH does just what is necessary to win this game and nothing else. I think you will also see this same strategy during the playoff games.....
[/quote]

I'm BHFAN and i endorse this message ;)

I really think Crosby will be the toughest team they have played all year.  They are better than Dayton no doubt.  Crosby just shoot themselves in the foot too many times during that game… false start penalties, dropped punt, penalties on 3rd and long to keep the Dayton O on the field to score. . and it still took Dayton a kickoff return and a dropped pass in the end zone at the end of the game to beat them.  The real Crosby team I have seen is what they look like on the first 2 series.. both O and D…
Nothing against Dayton but I feel Crosby is the better team… just did not show it… But that is why you play the game… congrats Dayton on the win..
Now 2 factors will affect this game…
1. Will Gage keep in his starters the whole game???  This game does not matter much… they have locked the 1 seed and district champs.. and as they found out last year, lost their QB for the playoffs,  Crosby has a tendency to hit hard every once and a while and Injure some players…  What is his goal… to be undefeated and keep momentum while entering the playoffs or make sure all his players are healthy…
2. How will Crosby react… The lost last week to Dayton may of hurt their pride.. especially to a team they felt they should have beat… will their kids play to the performance they can or will they fold..  yes they would like to win to regain some confidence but they have locked a playoff spot… will Flanigan rest some of his starters..
Well all of these questions will be answered Friday night!!  Good luck to both teams on Friday and the playoffs… Lets all represent 19-4A well in the playoffs!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="1101381" timestamp="1320155393"]
I really think Crosby will be the toughest team they have played all year.  They are better than Dayton no doubt.  Crosby just shoot themselves in the foot too many times during that game… false start penalties, dropped punt, penalties on 3rd and long to keep the Dayton O on the field to score. . and it still took Dayton a kickoff return and a dropped pass in the end zone at the end of the game to beat them.  The real Crosby team I have seen is what they look like on the first 2 series.. both O and D…
Nothing against Dayton but I feel Crosby is the better team… just did not show it… But that is why you play the game… congrats Dayton on the win..
1. Will Gage keep in his starters the whole game???  This game does not matter much… they have locked the 1 seed and district champs.. and as they found out last year, lost their QB for the playoffs,  Crosby has a tendency to hit hard every once and a while and Injure some players…  What is his goal… to be undefeated and keep momentum while entering the playoffs or make sure all his players are healthy…
2. How will Crosby react… The lost last week to Dayton may of hurt their pride.. especially to a team they felt they should have beat… will their kids play to the performance they can or will they fold..  yes they would like to win to regain some confidence but they have locked a playoff spot… will Flanigan rest some of his starters..
Well all of these questions will be answered Friday night!!  Good luck to both teams on Friday and the playoffs… Lets all represent 19-4A well in the playoffs!!
[/quote]

I don't think Flanigan will rest anyone  ;) I have always heard of his hate of BH, Not sure if it was BH or Price, but BH used to put some thumpings on his Orangefield teams in the playoffs ;D I know you post is going to turn this into a Dayton thread shortly, but I have to agree with most of what you said. Dayton snatched this game from yall, but that is what they have been doing all year and liked to have done it to us too 8) Crosby should be the best Offense that we have played this year and I'm hoping for a good injury free game. My thought is that each coach would like to win without going over board, so I don't see a blow out. The way BH is playing though i think we are capable of a blowout if something was on the line. BH will try to go 10-0 for the kids and fans though i have know doubt.

What game were you watching. I agree crosby does have a good young team as does dayton we are very young to but dayton had over a 100 yds in penalties and if we had not a personal foul on crosbys last drive they would not ever had a chance to throw the ball in the endzone. Both teams could of played better no doubt but to say crosy is defenitly the better team based on that game is a little crazy

[quote name="hitman009" post="1101381" timestamp="1320155393"]
[/quote] Laughable  - you must be really scared of Crosby !

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1101401" timestamp="1320156999"]
What game were you watching. I agree crosby does have a good young team as does dayton we are very young to but dayton had over a 100 yds in penalties and if we had not a personal foul on crosbys last drive they would not ever had a chance to throw the ball in the endzone. Both teams could of played better no doubt but to say crosy is defenitly the better team based on that game is a little crazy
[/quote]

9 Personal Foul penalties will help you out a bit...and it was well over 150 yards in penalties.  What killed you was the muffed punt at 14-0...Crosby had a chance to put the game away there and didn't.  After the first two drives, Crosby was outscored 31-10. 

I gave credit to Datyon for playing a good game and winning..
But in IMO Crosby is the better team...
lets compare the two in district
Total O yds - Crosby wins +349 yards gained
Total D yds- Crosby wins -69 yards given up
Total O score - Crosby wins +52 points scored
Total D score - Crosby wins -8 points allowed
and for everyone saying the refs were one sided....
Dayton 97 yards Crosby 75 yards.  Looks like they were throwing the flag on both sides of the ball...
Crosby beat them in almost every catigory except the one that counts... the score..

I don't know what more to say except I have seen both play more that one game and I feel Crosby is better!!

[quote name="Mr. E" post="1101590" timestamp="1320164066"]
The statement would be Gage lead the bh to a perfect record.
[/quote]I heard one of the coaches (who is still with us today) that was also a coach under Price, say he had coached only four 10-0 teams in 38 years. Do they want it, yes they do. They will pull the starters if we have a comfortable lead after the 3rd quarter though.

60 of those yards came in the last 2 minutes when dayton was playing prevent. Look crosby is a descent team but they only scored 10pts in basically 3 and a half quarters. Crosby was able to move the ball but crosbys defense is not good. I think next year crosby and dayton will be the 2 best teams in our district we are both very young and yall will get your shot again next year.

[quote name="hitman009" post="1101615" timestamp="1320165697"]
I gave credit to Datyon for playing a good game and winning..
But in IMO Crosby is the better team...
lets compare the two in district
Total O yds - Crosby wins +349 yards gained
Total D yds- Crosby wins -69 yards given up
Total O score - Crosby wins +52 points scored
Total D score - Crosby wins -8 points allowed
and for everyone saying the refs were one sided....
Dayton 97 yards Crosby 75 yards.  Looks like they were throwing the flag on both sides of the ball...
Crosby beat them in almost every catigory except the one that counts... the score..

I don't know what more to say except I have seen both play more that one game and I feel Crosby is better!!
[/quote]

it sucks to lose like that. officiating was a joke all the way around. Especially early in the game.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1101616" timestamp="1320165761"]
Just saying crosby took denny out last year why risk it but whatever
[/quote]

I think it was GCM that took out Denny last year. We played and beat Crosby with our back up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Chester will be the home team tonight.  Neches Tigers will be the visitors.
    • The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
  • Topics