Rangers gave this series away

I'm a diehard rangers fan, and have been for 25 years.  I'm incredibly pleased with the season they had, and i have no problem with them losing in the world series two years in a row.  to make it this far is an incredible accomplishment once, much less twice when you look at the big payrolls they're competing with to get there.  that being said, they should've easily won this series.

How many times did they take a lead only to have their pitchers give up runs in the next half inning?

How many poor choices did Washington make regarding pitch hitters and pitching changes?

How does Ian Kinsler get picked off of 1st three times in one series, all of them at vital times?

How does a pitching staff blow 3 saves in a clinching game, getting within 1 strike of winning the series twice?

How does Nelson Cruz manage to play a ball off of the wall in the only possible way that would allow lance berkman to score from first?

How many errors did we have?

How many misplays did we have that allowed them to beat out infield hits that should've been outs?

How many walks did we allow over the final two games?

I know how you feel.  I couldn't look at this site or watch Sportscenter this weekend because I didn't want to see the cardinals winning the World Series.  I too have been a fan for a long time, since 1988 to be exact, and have lived through the constant struggles of the franchise.  It's very disappointing to see them get within 1 strike of a championship and not be able to get it done, yet it is very rewarding to see them in the World Series.  I realize that they will not be in the World Series every year, but I hope they can continue to play good baseball and be a team to compete each and every season.  You never know, they may be back next season and may get that last strike.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont