Port Arthur Memorial vs. La Porte Game Thread/La Porte wins!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LP0175" post="1098695" timestamp="1319876433"]
DARKSIDE did its job by giving up fewer points than what the offense scores. A win is a win.
[/quote]Just know when we meet again we will put the game away! We let you guys hang around, Scott and company ran around trying to find the ball all night.

[quote name="bigd92" post="1098820" timestamp="1319898664"]
Good game and Kudos to Laporte for playing tough smashmouth Football. The Titans played a good game and KRH coached a good game. No excuses from me, the kids on both sides played their hearts out.
[/quote]

BigD92, I with you on this one.  It was a great game.
There were missed opportunities by both teams.
Both teams were without key players.
LaPorte was without Webb, but Whitely more than made up for his loss.
The Titans were without Barnes on defense and Holmes left the game in the first half with an ankle injury.

You have to give it to LaPorte, on the final drive, they converted on two 4th down situations to keep the drive going.

I agree with Garrity, to become a rivalry, I think the Titans will have to win back to back games against LaPorte.  However, there is a rivalry with West Brook and the Titans finally beat Brook this year for the first time in I believe 4 years.

Back to work Titans and finish strong at home.  Hopefully Holmes can rest this game and get healed and ready for the playoffs.

[quote name="atb63" post="1098885" timestamp="1319902398"]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=90595.msg1098820#msg1098820 date=1319898664]
Good game and Kudos to Laporte for playing tough smashmouth Football. The Titans played a good game and KRH coached a good game. No excuses from me, the kids on both sides played their hearts out.
[/quote]

BigD92, I with you on this one.  It was a great game.
There were missed opportunities by both teams.
Both teams were without key players.
LaPorte was without Webb, but Whitely more than made up for his loss.
The Titans were without Barnes on defense and Holmes left the game in the first half with an ankle injury.

You have to give it to LaPorte, on the final drive, they converted on two 4th down situations to keep the drive going.

I agree with Garrity, to become a rivalry, I think the Titans will have to win back to back games against LaPorte.  However, there is a rivalry with West Brook and the Titans finally beat Brook this year for the first time in I believe 4 years.

Back to work Titans and finish strong at home.  Hopefully Holmes can rest this game and get healed and ready for the playoffs.
[/quote]

First time since '04, JC's senior year with WB and PAM is 0-5 against LP. 

I have to give Mr. Keith Whitely a history correction. Interviewed by the Houston chronicale he said it will LP's first district championship in 18 yrs...its hasn't been that long. I know cuz I was on last one: 2000. We where in 24-5A. We upseated G-Ball for the first time in 10 yrs that they didn't win that district.
Just a minor correction.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124