Dayton vs. Crosby Game Thread/Dayton wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1098376" timestamp="1319859454"]
See i dunno i think it was such a heated game that you see what you want to see when it comes to officiating, honestly their where so many penalties on both sides of this game (most of them deserved).

Congrats to the Bronx, gl in the playoffs and lets go beat 20-4a now.
[/quote]I agree with the penalties except the one when 7(Crosby) was down and jumped up and seemed to start running again and our guys tackled him. What did the refs expect them to do. They thought be was still going. IMO

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
The twins had monster games. Aston (#7) had 180 yards rushing. Austin (#27) had about 125 yards rushing. Crosby went for 337 yards on the ground at 6.7 yards a carry.

Fowler is obviously Dayton's best player. I can see why Broncos fan have been wanting to get him the ball more than 10 times a game.

When Crosby made that huge stop on the 4th and 1 after that big pass over the middle on 3rd and 22, I knew we would be in at least a position to tie.

Sucks to lose.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1098456" timestamp="1319860950"]
The twins had monster games. Aston (#7) had 180 yards rushing. Austin (#27) had about 125 yards rushing. Crosby went for 337 yards on the ground at 6.7 yards a carry.

Fowler is obviously Dayton's best player. I can see why Broncos fan have been wanting to get him the ball more than 10 times a game.

When Crosby made that huge stop on the 4th and 1 after that big pass over the middle on 3rd and 22, I knew we would be in at least a position to tie.

Sucks to lose.
[/quote] Most exciting game I've wittness in a long time  ! Good game Crosby those twins are the real deal -

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1098471" timestamp="1319861233"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=90592.msg1098456#msg1098456 date=1319860950]

Sucks to lose.
[/quote] Most exciting game I've wittness in a long time  ! Good game [b]Crosby those twins are the real deal[/b] -
[/quote]
No doubt! Aren't they like sophmores? Those kids are gonna be something to watch in the next few years. Next years district crown may reside in Crosby. Oh one more thing, how tall is that #76? Dudes a monster!

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Yes, Sophomores.

Not sure on how tall 76 is. Maybe 6' 8" or a little taller.

About to watch Horrible Bosses to cheer me up. Enjoy the victory Dayton. We'll be back.

Good win for Dayton,officials Stewart told me were the same ones we had in Georgetown in 08.Lawd we had a ton of penalties.1 call I totally disagreed on by Dayton was we were up by 7 had the ball near the 30 on 4th and 3 and we go for it vs.kicking a fg to go up by 10 that would force Crosby's hand to score twice.Hats off to Herrera who had a great game tonight.Hats off to the defense making some big stands in the game when it counted.Whats up before the game the 1 ref talking to Crosby players and ajusting the back of Crosby players pads.There's your rat ref.

terrible officiating ... period. If you're gonna make the call, make the call. It went both ways, IMO. Twins are EXPLOSIVE! Dayton D made some big stands and forced/capitalized on some mistakes. Terrific effort by both groups. Awesome game... Good luck in the playoffs Crosby.

[quote name="liltex" post="1098541" timestamp="1319862844"]
Good win for Dayton,officials Stewart told me were the same ones we had in Georgetown in 08.Lawd we had a ton of penalties.1 call I totally disagreed on by Dayton was we were up by 7 had the ball near the 30 on 4th and 3 and we go for it vs.kicking a fg to go up by 10 that would force Crosby's hand to score twice.Hats off to Herrera who had a great game tonight.Hats off to the defense making some big stands in the game when it counted.Whats up before the game [b]the 1 ref talking to Crosby players and ajusting the back of Crosby players pads.[/b]There's your rat ref.
[/quote]HA! I saw that too...

Crosby has a great team but Dayt wanted this game for Jakkari who's healing still.Herrera tonight 24/37/0=291 pass yds=1 td-1 rushing td a dandy in da clutch.Congrads Andres tonight went over 5,000 career pass yds-now w/5,048=39 tds=13 int.Carranco's 4 pats puts him @153 career,needs 9 pats to tie #5 all time hs pats record 162-Jabo Leonard BH 69-71 8)

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1098495" timestamp="1319861751"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=90592.msg1098471#msg1098471 date=1319861233]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=90592.msg1098456#msg1098456 date=1319860950]

Sucks to lose.
[/quote] Most exciting game I've wittness in a long time  ! Good game [b]Crosby those twins are the real deal[/b] -
[/quote]
No doubt! Aren't they like sophmores? Those kids are gonna be something to watch in the next few years. Next years district crown may reside in Crosby. Oh one more thing, how tall is that #76? Dudes a monster!
[/quote]

I dunno but do you think its possible for a kid to grow like 3 inches in 2 weeks? because golly he was bigger than i remembered, lady next to me said wa she always that big?

[quote name="liltex" post="1098541" timestamp="1319862844"]
Good win for Dayton,officials Stewart told me were the same ones we had in Georgetown in 08.Lawd we had a ton of penalties.[b]1 call I totally disagreed on by Dayton was we were up by 7 had the ball near the 30 on 4th and 3 and we go for it vs.kicking a fg to go up by 10 that would force Crosby's hand to score twice.[/b]Hats off to Herrera who had a great game tonight.Hats off to the defense making some big stands in the game when it counted.Whats up before the game the 1 ref talking to Crosby players and ajusting the back of Crosby players pads.There's your rat ref.
[/quote]
I remember we were 1 for 2 on 4th down attempts. I don't recall the situation you speak of though. Hard to believe they would not take points there. Maybe you could refresh my bad memory.

[IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/feboct/AndresHerrera-2.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/feboct/DaytonCrosby2011124-1.jpg[/img]
8)

In the 4th qtr.we were up by 7 points w/the ball like on the 30-4th and 3.Compl.swing pass was tackled short of the 1st down by 1/2 yd.No fg attempt there.Ball goes over to Crosby and they score to tie it @24.Kick-off to Dayt & Jamal takes it to da house.There you have it ask Jayhawk,MWm we could'nt believe we didn't try a makeable fg  ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1098817" timestamp="1319898412"]
In the 4th qtr.we were up by 7 points w/the ball like on the 30-4th and 3.Compl.swing pass was tackled short of the 1st down by 1/2 yd.No fg attempt there.Ball goes over to Crosby and they score to tie it @24.Kick-off to Dayt & Jamal takes it to da house.There you have it ask Jayhawk,MWm we could'nt believe we didn't try a makeable fg  ;)
[/quote]
Okay I think I remember now. Bubble screen to #14 on our side of the field that was about 1 yard short. I thought we were right around midfield though because the play seemed like it happened right in front of us. Like I said though, bad memory. If you say it happened, it happened. Still got the W though!!! Great effort Broncos!

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1098854" timestamp="1319900687"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=90592.msg1098817#msg1098817 date=1319898412]
[/quote]
Okay I think I remember now. Bubble screen to #14 on our side of the field that was about 1 yard short. I thought we were right around midfield though because the play seemed like it happened right in front of us. Like I said though, bad memory. If you say it happened, it happened. Still got the W though!!! Great effort Broncos!
[/quote] I think that play took place around the 30 or 35 Toups can cofirm that in his video. LilTEx and I were in disbelief that we didn't kick a field-goal and ice the game !

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="1098960" timestamp="1319907595"]
Heck of a game.  Way to step it up and get it done bronx.  Lost count of how many times the D made contact in the backfield and one of those twins slipped away. BUT the D found a way to get stops when they needed them. BUCK CROSBY.

Looking forward to another decade of consecutive wins over the cougars.
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83