High Island VS. Sabine Pass .. Playoff Birth On The Line .. News Crew Please!!

pitufo04

Small School Game of the Week ..... Is There any way we can get a news crew out there?

If Sabine Pass Pulls this win out tonight , it will be their first playoff birth in over 25 YEARS!!!!

This will be a nice Small School battle tonight down in Sabine Pass Tonight.

Its not your big boy Memorial VS LaPorte matchup but for these Two teams this game means EVERYTHING...

Let's also hear your predictions!!

If the Cardinals can keep players on the field they have a real chance to keep the Sharks at home one more year. The Cards had a half time lead on Burkeville before the wheels came off due to injuries. So if they can keep their people off the sidelines they really do have a chance to win.

Last week when the Sharks traveled here to Evadale, I thought we were in for a good game. They have some good looking athletes and some leadership that has been in their program for many years. When the Shark defense forced a fumble on the Rebels in their first series I was really thinking it was going to be a tough game, but as the game wore on what really got me was how undisciplined the Sharks became.

Now I do understand that when the score gets out of hand that things can happen, but it seemed excessive and I was also bothered once late in the 3rd quarter when one of the Sharks ran for a first down and got up and made an NFL-like first down point. The ironic thing was the Rebels were up by 40 something. Not trying to bash anyone, but the old touchdown attage applies, "When you score act like you have been there before". I would say that applies to first downs too.

I think it is going to be a close game, but if the Sharks play as undisiplined as they did last week I fear that their playoff drought will continue.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1096978" timestamp="1319813287"]
[b]If the Cardinals can keep players on the field they have a real chance to keep the Sharks at home one more year.[/b] The Cards had a half time lead on Burkeville before the wheels came off due to injuries. So if they can keep their people off the sidelines they really do have a chance to win.

Last week when the Sharks traveled here to Evadale, I thought we were in for a good game. They have some good looking athletes and some leadership that has been in their program for many years. When the Shark defense forced a fumble on the Rebels in their first series I was really thinking it was going to be a tough game, but as the game wore on what really got me was [b]how undisciplined the Sharks became.[/b]

Now I do understand that when the score gets out of hand that things can happen, but it seemed excessive and I was also bothered once late in the 3rd quarter when one of the Sharks ran for a first down and got up and made an NFL-like first down point. The ironic thing was the Rebels were up by 40 something. Not trying to bash anyone, but the old touchdown attage applies, "When you score act like you have been there before". I would say that applies to first downs too.

I think it is going to be a close game, but if the Sharks play as undisiplined as they did last week I fear that their playoff drought will continue.
[/quote]

Good points right there, and then you look at the common opponents that each team has played and it doesn't get any better.  Both teams got beat up by Colmesneil, SP took a whooping from WH (HI forfeited that game) and Deweyville (HI cancelled).  Legacy beat both of them pretty good as well.  SP's only bright spot was that it beat O'Connell (HI lost that one).  No telling how the game could go tonight.  One advantage SP has, is that the game is being played in SP.

[quote name="TAMU" post="1097021" timestamp="1319815092"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=90556.msg1096978#msg1096978 date=1319813287]
[b]If the Cardinals can keep players on the field they have a real chance to keep the Sharks at home one more year.[/b] The Cards had a half time lead on Burkeville before the wheels came off due to injuries. So if they can keep their people off the sidelines they really do have a chance to win.

Last week when the Sharks traveled here to Evadale, I thought we were in for a good game. They have some good looking athletes and some leadership that has been in their program for many years. When the Shark defense forced a fumble on the Rebels in their first series I was really thinking it was going to be a tough game, but as the game wore on what really got me was [b]how undisciplined the Sharks became.[/b]

[/quote]

Good points right there, and then you look at the common opponents that each team has played and it doesn't get any better.  Both teams got beat up by Colmesneil, SP took a whooping from WH [b][color=red](HI forfeited [/color] [/b] that game) and Deweyville [color=red][b](HI cancelled).  [/b] [/color] Legacy beat both of them pretty good as well.  SP's only bright spot was that it beat O'Connell (HI lost that one).  No telling how the game could go tonight.  One advantage SP has, is that the game is being played in SP.
[/quote]

What is the difference between forfeiting a game, and cancelling a game?  I am just curious. I found your use of these two words interesting, like perhaps you know the difference.

[quote name="Grammar Police" post="1097275" timestamp="1319828081"]
[quote author=TAMU link=topic=90556.msg1097021#msg1097021 date=1319815092]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=90556.msg1096978#msg1096978 date=1319813287]

[/quote]

Good points right there, and then you look at the common opponents that each team has played and it doesn't get any better.  Both teams got beat up by Colmesneil, SP took a whooping from WH [b][color=red](HI forfeited [/color] [/b] that game) and Deweyville [color=red][b](HI cancelled).  [/b] [/color] Legacy beat both of them pretty good as well.  SP's only bright spot was that it beat O'Connell (HI lost that one).  No telling how the game could go tonight.  One advantage SP has, is that the game is being played in SP.
[/quote]

What is the difference between forfeiting a game, and cancelling a game?  I am just curious. I found your use of these two words interesting, like perhaps you know the difference.
[/quote]

Well if you look at some of the post put on here, and also look at the schedules you would see where I got those two words from.  So if you have a complaint, ask the mediator who updates the schedules, MR ENGLISH TEACHER/POLICE!!!!  Oh good luck to both teams tonight  :)

[quote name="TAMU" post="1097363" timestamp="1319833499"]
[quote author=Grammar Police link=topic=90556.msg1097275#msg1097275 date=1319828081]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if you look at some of the post put on here, and also look at the schedules you would see where I got those two words from.  So if you have a complaint, ask the mediator who updates the schedules, MR ENGLISH TEACHER/POLICE!!!!  Oh good luck to both teams tonight  :)
[/quote]

It's quite simple, West Hardin claimed it as a forfeit, Deweyville merely held it as a cancellation.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1097425" timestamp="1319837158"]
[quote author=TAMU link=topic=90556.msg1097363#msg1097363 date=1319833499]
[quote author=Grammar Police link=topic=90556.msg1097275#msg1097275 date=1319828081]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's quite simple, West Hardin claimed it as a forfeit, Deweyville merely held it as a cancellation.
[/quote]

He may still not understand that

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder