Is USSSA coming back?

westend1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TX_RENEGADES
When I was living in the houston area, all we played was USSSA. We played over at BIG LEAGUE DREAMS this past weekend and the director was telling me the same thing, that they were going to be hosting USSSA tourny at Ford PARK. I thought FORD park was all Nations ? I been here living in Beaumont for 2 months now, so I really dont know.

I don't see where this is a good thing.  We register with both Nations and USSSA, so we could play at Big League Dreams and Cypress Mounds in Baton Rouge.  However, we have always picked Nations to play the majority of our tournaments.  It is much easier to find a tournament, and you are able to see the teams that are playing in a tournament, as well as, seeing where a particluar team is playing throughout the year.  USSSA will post who is playing at a trounament, but not always.  However, you cannot see where a team plans on playing in the future.  You can only see where they have already played.  Besides, you have MANY more registered teams in Nations.

Don't even get me started on the new USSSA sticker that a bat must have to be legal in a USSSA tournament. This sticker is put on the 2012 models of bats, so get ready to buy a new bat to play in these tournaments. 

Guest TX_RENEGADES
[quote name="ProspectsBaseball" post="1093101" timestamp="1319488147"]
I don't see where this is a good thing.  We register with both Nations and USSSA, so we could play at Big League Dreams and Cypress Mounds in Baton Rouge.  However, we have always picked Nations to play the majority of our tournaments.  It is much easier to find a tournament, and you are able to see the teams that are playing in a tournament, as well as, seeing where a particluar team is playing throughout the year.  USSSA will post who is playing at a trounament, but not always.  However, you cannot see where a team plans on playing in the future.  You can only see where they have already played.  Besides, you have MANY more registered teams in Nations.

Don't even get me started on the new USSSA sticker that a bat must have to be legal in a USSSA tournament. This sticker is put on the 2012 models of bats, so get ready to buy a new bat to play in these tournaments.
[/quote]

You are correct, different rules same game. Nations is alot better in ways only a manager can tell, due to prices,team profiles, games and most important ORGANIZED !. .......

The Blues in USSSA arent going to take the time to check bats... Half the time they call games in so many leagues and organizations that they can't even keep up with the rules and regs for the tournament they are calling on any given day... Just my observations... and most of the coaches of these teams don't give a darn about a sticker on a bat... They just want to play baseball.... It's not like a sticker on a bat is going to make a kid any better or worse of a hitter... If you're playing at BLD the fences are 400 feet deep and about 40 feet tall anyway... aint no kid i know gonna hit one over that... sticker or not!

One good thing about USSSA at Ford Park is that you will have Super NIT's which allow for much better competion... teams from all over the country will come to play in these big tourneys.  We played in a Major Division Super NIT last spring and I think the farthest a team traveled to play was from Nebraska... these are serious teams when they're willing to travel that far to play... and you could tell... They were the real deal!

[quote name="Bulldog Dad" post="1093166" timestamp="1319490172"]
One good thing about USSSA at Ford Park is that you will have Super NIT's which allow for much better competion... teams from all over the country will come to play in these big tourneys.  We played in a Major Division Super NIT last spring and I think the farthest a team traveled to play was from Nebraska... these are serious teams when they're willing to travel that far to play... and you could tell... They were the real deal!
[/quote]

Ford Park will be hosting a Super NIT. Also, tournament fees maybe cheaper this time around... ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="westend1" post="1092990" timestamp="1319481577"]
I hear that a new guy is bringing back USSSA tourneys to Ford Park.    What's up with that?
[/quote]  Who is bringing USSSA to Ford Park?  USSSA is a youth sports organization, Nations is a baseball organization.  I dont see the need for two organizations locally competing for weekend tournaments, in addition to the local Little Leagues. Bring the talent down from Nebraska, they will learn about the SE Texas boys.  What are your thoughts Westend1?

[quote name="knucklehead" post="1094256" timestamp="1319581177"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=90372.msg1092990#msg1092990 date=1319481577]
I hear that a new guy is bringing back USSSA tourneys to Ford Park.    What's up with that?
[/quote]  Who is bringing USSSA to Ford Park?  USSSA is a youth sports organization, Nations is a baseball organization.  I dont see the need for two organizations locally competing for weekend tournaments, in addition to the local Little Leagues. Bring the talent down from Nebraska, they will learn about the SE Texas boys.  What are your thoughts Westend1?
[/quote]  I don't know.  We did USSSA and Nations for a while.  Didn't notice much difference.  Pay enough money and you eventually get to a "world series".  I do agree that we already have enough tourneys at Ford Park.  Seems like there is one every weekend.  I guess that's ok as long as they keep filling them up.

[quote name="westend1" post="1094282" timestamp="1319585665"]
[quote author=knucklehead link=topic=90372.msg1094256#msg1094256 date=1319581177]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=90372.msg1092990#msg1092990 date=1319481577]
[/quote]  I don't know.  We did USSSA and Nations for a while.  Didn't notice much difference.  Pay enough money and you eventually get to a "world series".  I do agree that we already have enough tourneys at Ford Park.  Seems like there is one every weekend.  I guess that's ok as long as they keep filling them up.
[/quote]my son played on a team that played in both Nations and U-Trip, Nations was by far more organized .  I dont see the need for U-trip here, you can drive to Houston or Lake Charles if you need to play in a tourney. Maybe its "Butch" Thomas starting it up needing weekend commitments to pitch the Butch Hotel again....

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1094731" timestamp="1319644027"]
I asked Jason Tyner on here the other day if Ford Park was going USSA and this was the response:

[b]The Baseball Academy is only going to be running Nations events.  We will have our schedule out soon.[/b]

I think that settles it.
[/quote]  Not really.  I understand that USSSA events will not be run by "The Baseball Academy".

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1094762" timestamp="1319645508"]
the baseball academy or jason tyner doesnt run ford park.if usssa pays the fee for use of the fields then aint no one stopping them from hosting tourneys,money talks bullsh--t walks!pros & cons of each organization are similar dont see much difference.
[/quote]
Depends on who runs it, but still dont see the need for both organizations here.

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1094762" timestamp="1319645508"]
the baseball academy or jason tyner doesnt run ford park.if usssa pays the fee for use of the fields then aint no one stopping them from hosting tourneys,money talks bullsh--t walks!pros & cons of each organization are similar dont see much difference.
[/quote]
I understand, just trying to add what was told me from someone at the academy. I don't care who comes in there. I for one am not going to pay for more insurance just to play a couple of tourny's.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1094902" timestamp="1319652604"]
[quote author=diego cruz link=topic=90372.msg1094762#msg1094762 date=1319645508]
[/quote]
I understand, just trying to add what was told me from someone at the academy. I don't care who comes in there. I for one am not going to pay for more insurance just to play a couple of tourny's.
[/quote]  I believe(not positive) that we purchased one policy and it was accepted by both organizations.

[quote name="westend1" post="1094914" timestamp="1319653068"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=90372.msg1094902#msg1094902 date=1319652604]
[quote author=diego cruz link=topic=90372.msg1094762#msg1094762 date=1319645508]
[/quote]
[/quote]  I believe(not positive) that we purchased one policy and it was accepted by both organizations.
[/quote]

Yes, that is correct! Once you purchase a policy its good in both organization!

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1094876" timestamp="1319651855"]
why not both?competition is always a good thing thats what makes america great.good experience for coaches & players to play different organizations.as long as they dont get carried away like little league rules where u have to bring a lawyer along,
its all good.
[/quote]
anyone who has to bring a lawyer along for youth baseball should just sit in the stands.

Guest TX_RENEGADES
When I started the TEXAS RENEGADES BASEBALL all we played was USSSA over at Big League Dreams, we played some Nations here at Ford Park also. Now that we have moved to Beaumont having both leagues really doesnt make a change. Only change is that the manager will have to decide what state or wolrd series they want to qualify for (if playing for points), nations I think are an extra 15 minute games. When the RENEGADES are ready we will show support to both organizations, we really need to think that its for the KIDS so who cares.

[quote name="TX_RENEGADES" post="1095050" timestamp="1319658442"]
When I started the TEXAS RENEGADES BASEBALL all we played was USSSA over at Big League Dreams, we played some Nations here at Ford Park also. Now that we have moved to Beaumont having both leagues really doesnt make a change. Only change is that the manager will have to decide what state or wolrd series they want to qualify for (if playing for points), nations I think are an extra 15 minute games. When the RENEGADES are ready we will show support to both organizations, we really need to think that its for the KIDS so who cares.
[/quote]

I agree with Tx_Renegades, this gives everyone a chance to play in both organizations, and we all have to remember this is all for the kids. I wish both organizations the best of luck.

[quote name="TX_RENEGADES" post="1095050" timestamp="1319658442"]
When I started the TEXAS RENEGADES BASEBALL all we played was USSSA over at Big League Dreams, we played some Nations here at Ford Park also. Now that we have moved to Beaumont having both leagues really doesnt make a change. [b]Only change is that the manager will have to decide what state or wolrd series they want to qualify for (if playing for points), [/b] nations I think are an extra 15 minute games. When the RENEGADES are ready we will show support to both organizations, we really need to think that its for the KIDS so who cares.
[/quote]

What you said above is key.  If you play in both, you will be hurt come world series time.  In the world series, you are seeded according to points, so if you play in both, your points will be spread out, causing you to be seeded low and play much more difficult teams in pool play.  Having said that, Nations, in my opinion, is the better of the 2 organizations.  They are much more organized, and they will have at least 5 times more teams registered than that of USSSA.

[quote name="ProspectsBaseball" post="1095232" timestamp="1319666682"]
[quote author=TX_RENEGADES link=topic=90372.msg1095050#msg1095050 date=1319658442]
When I started the TEXAS RENEGADES BASEBALL all we played was USSSA over at Big League Dreams, we played some Nations here at Ford Park also. Now that we have moved to Beaumont having both leagues really doesnt make a change. [b]Only change is that the manager will have to decide what state or wolrd series they want to qualify for (if playing for points), [/b] nations I think are an extra 15 minute games. When the RENEGADES are ready we will show support to both organizations, we really need to think that its for the KIDS so who cares.
[/quote]

What you said above is key.  If you play in both, you will be hurt come world series time.  In the world series, you are seeded according to points, so if you play in both, your points will be spread out, causing you to be seeded low and play much more difficult teams in pool play.  Having said that, Nations, in my opinion, is the better of the 2 organizations.  [color=red]They are much more organized, and they will have at least 5 times more teams registered than that of USSSA[/color].
[/quote]

With that being said, I guess will just have to see!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83