PNG. VS Vidor

Guest KHS 89

Who takes it  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it

• PNG
    • Vidor

ndnsrock44 you know the information I posted about points in reference to PNG Vidor like opponents was not about winning or losing, it was meant as I stated to show that PNG's Defense has improved the past four weeks to the point that they have actually held like opponents to Vidor out of the endzone with the same success and or more sucesfully than Vidor in cases.
I know Vidors running attack is very good. I also think that it helps us at this point in the season to have already prepared for and faced this offense (different weapons of course) on two other occassions. It will not be new to our D.

I also don't make predictions about PNG, but I will predict a great game with great atmosphere...Vidor, If we turn out the lights will you guys light it up at halftime for us at the Rez? Love the Vidor Homecoming. ;D

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1093940" timestamp="1319564361"]
football04....I think a lot of Indian fans are looking at margin of victory against common teams and our past success  against Vidor. Most PNG fans have not seen Vidor play. A guy at work has a kid on the Vidor team, so I have seen Vidor 3 times and all of PNG games except for Livingston.(I was on vacation and when I renewed my season tickets, they were gone  :'() I saw Vidor beat BC on a Saturday night and they dominated BC.  The score was not indicative of the game. I saw Vidor play Nederland(see above note about tickets). Without boring you with details, Vidor was a few plays from beating them and lost Bollinger for the game early and Quirante got hurt after making a run to Ned's 5 and Vidor settled for a FG. The  third game was Vidor vs Ozen. That game was a knock down, drag out fight and Vidor gutted it out to get the win at the end. The Ozen team that showed up at the Reservation the following week did not play the way they did against Vidor They killed themselves with penalties, turnovers, bad snaps, etc. I still think PNG would have won if Ozen had brought their A game, but it would have been closer. So.....from what I have seen these are two evenly matched teams that play hard, smart and with  lot of heart.  Fans from either team that think this will be a blowout will be surprised to see how close these teams are to each other, even though their offenseive styles are so different. The reason I think we will be able to throw the ball is because we have thrown it so well this year and the size advantage our receivers have against Vidor's DB's. The one thing that concerns me is that we have not been able to pull out  the close games at the end(Crosby,Liv,Ned) and Vidor has(Texarkana,Lum,Ozen). Before PNG fans get mad at me, I am not saying we will lose, I am just saying that this will be a tough game and not to underestimate them. Thankfully, I am sure our coaches and players will not and will prepare accordingly. That is one of the things that has impressed me about Faircloth...he seems to get this team ready every week and we never seem to come out flat. The games he has lost have all been close and not a product of underestimating his opponent or having his boys lay an egg.
[/quote]

As always 44 great post, Any news on Lance Louviere? This could be a huge blow in trying to slow down Vidor's run game.... if even possible.  ???

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1093989" timestamp="1319567372"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90240.msg1093940#msg1093940 date=1319564361]
football04....I think a lot of Indian fans are looking at margin of victory against common teams and our past success  against Vidor. Most PNG fans have not seen Vidor play. A guy at work has a kid on the Vidor team, so I have seen Vidor 3 times and all of PNG games except for Livingston.(I was on vacation and when I renewed my season tickets, they were gone  :'() I saw Vidor beat BC on a Saturday night and they dominated BC.  The score was not indicative of the game. I saw Vidor play Nederland(see above note about tickets). Without boring you with details, Vidor was a few plays from beating them and lost Bollinger for the game early and Quirante got hurt after making a run to Ned's 5 and Vidor settled for a FG. The  third game was Vidor vs Ozen. That game was a knock down, drag out fight and Vidor gutted it out to get the win at the end. The Ozen team that showed up at the Reservation the following week did not play the way they did against Vidor They killed themselves with penalties, turnovers, bad snaps, etc. I still think PNG would have won if Ozen had brought their A game, but it would have been closer. So.....from what I have seen these are two evenly matched teams that play hard, smart and with  lot of heart.  Fans from either team that think this will be a blowout will be surprised to see how close these teams are to each other, even though their offenseive styles are so different. The reason I think we will be able to throw the ball is because we have thrown it so well this year and the size advantage our receivers have against Vidor's DB's. The one thing that concerns me is that we have not been able to pull out  the close games at the end(Crosby,Liv,Ned) and Vidor has(Texarkana,Lum,Ozen). Before PNG fans get mad at me, I am not saying we will lose, I am just saying that this will be a tough game and not to underestimate them. Thankfully, I am sure our coaches and players will not and will prepare accordingly. That is one of the things that has impressed me about Faircloth...he seems to get this team ready every week and we never seem to come out flat. The games he has lost have all been close and not a product of underestimating his opponent or having his boys lay an egg.
[/quote]

As always 44 great post, Any news on Lance Louviere? This could be a huge blow in trying to slow down Vidor's run game.... if even possible.  ???
[/quote]Lance is out for 2 weeks is all ! ! ! but the kid that is filling his spot will do just fine and from what I here is is FIRED UP about getting the start!

[quote name="badndn" post="1093991" timestamp="1319567528"]
Also in reference to Vidor being picked at the bottom of the District, some remember that this group of Vidor Seniors almost beat our group of Seniors as Freshman and the group of Pirate Juniors beat our Freshman handily a couple years back.
[/quote]

Something to think about....good input!!!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1093988" timestamp="1319567353"]
ndnsrock44 you know the information I posted about points in reference to PNG Vidor like opponents was not about winning or losing, it was meant as I stated to show that PNG's Defense has improved the past four weeks to the point that they have actually held like opponents to Vidor out of the endzone with the same success and or more sucesfully than Vidor in cases.
I know Vidors running attack is very good. I also think that it helps us at this point in the season to have already prepared for and faced this offense (different weapons of course) on two other occassions. It will not be new to our D.

I also don't make predictions about PNG, but I will predict a great game with great atmosphere...Vidor, If we turn out the lights will you guys light it up at halftime for us at the Rez? Love the Vidor Homecoming. ;D
[/quote]
No offense but Lumberton's offense is no where near like ours. Our offense relies on misdirection. Lumberton's does not. Yes livingston does run the same offense as us but like any other two teams that have the same offense they have there way of running it and we have ours and they are totally different.  But I'll talk to Touchstone about bringing the neon lights lol. And i can't wait to play at the Rez again. That right there is why texas high school football is the way it is. Because of schools like PNG.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1093991" timestamp="1319567528"]
Also in reference to Vidor being picked at the bottom of the District, some remember that this group of Vidor Seniors almost beat our group of Seniors as Freshman and the group of Pirate Juniors beat our Freshman handily a couple years back.
[/quote]
And you can't forget the amazing JV game that David Bolinger and Chase Bertrand had there sophomore years at Vidor Junior High (they played at the junior high because the high school field was being used for something). I think both teams had 50+ by the end of the game. Chase with something like 5 TD's and Bolinger with 4 or 5 including a returned kickoff with like 3 minutes left in the game.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1093995" timestamp="1319567713"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90240.msg1093988#msg1093988 date=1319567353]

[/quote]
No offense but Lumberton's offense is no where near like ours. Our offense relies on misdirection. Lumberton's does not. Yes livingston does run the same offense as us but like any other two teams that have the same offense they have there way of running it and we have ours and they are totally different.  But I'll talk to Touchstone about bringing the neon lights lol. And i can't wait to play at the Rez again. That right there is why texas high school football is the way it is. Because of schools like PNG.
[/quote]

New leaf twocents?  ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1093996" timestamp="1319567825"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90240.msg1093991#msg1093991 date=1319567528]
[/quote]
And you can't forget the amazing JV game that David Bolinger and Chase Bertrand had there sophomore years at Vidor Junior High (they played at the junior high because the high school field was being used for something). I think both teams had 50+ by the end of the game. Chase with something like 5 TD's and Bolinger with 4 or 5 including a returned kickoff with like 3 minutes left in the game.
[/quote]
Almost forgot about that Barn Burner!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1093998" timestamp="1319567852"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1093995#msg1093995 date=1319567713]

[/quote]
[/quote]

New leaf twocents?  ;D
[/quote]
Maybe. Yall indians have been pretty classy this week. I might not hate yall as much as i used to by the end of the week.  ::)  ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1093995" timestamp="1319567713"]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Lumberton ran the Slot T against us. They threw more out of it, but it was a misdirection running attack. Just not very succesful.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1094002" timestamp="1319567966"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1093996#msg1093996 date=1319567825]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
How could you forget about that? IMO that was one of the best football games i've ever seen. Just imagine what that would've been like on a varsity Friday Night Lights game.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1094004" timestamp="1319568007"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=90240.msg1093998#msg1093998 date=1319567852]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1093995#msg1093995 date=1319567713]

[/quote]
[/quote]

New leaf twocents?  ;D
[/quote]
Maybe. Yall indians have been pretty classy this week. I might not hate yall as much as i used to by the end of the week.  ::)  ;D
[/quote]

See mytwocents....  we're not alll bad!  ;)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1094006" timestamp="1319568056"]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Lumberton ran the Slot T against us. They threw more out of it, but it was a misdirection running attack. Just not very succesful.
[/quote]
Oh. I was under the impression that they were running more of a i formation offense this season.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="KHS 89" post="1094008" timestamp="1319568092"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1094004#msg1094004 date=1319568007]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=90240.msg1093998#msg1093998 date=1319567852]

[/quote]
[/quote]

New leaf twocents?  ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'll agree to that if you agree to the fact that Vidor ain't all that bad either.  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1094007" timestamp="1319568081"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90240.msg1094002#msg1094002 date=1319567966]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1093996#msg1093996 date=1319567825]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
How could you forget about that? IMO that was one of the best football games i've ever seen. Just imagine what that would've been like on a varsity Friday Night Lights game.
[/quote]
Don't have to imagine, we got several of those last year...Ozen 49-42 (OT), Livingston 49-42, Willis 50-47, Manvel 56-46. Lots of long games!!!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1094015" timestamp="1319568378"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1094007#msg1094007 date=1319568081]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Don't have to imagine, we got several of those last year...Ozen 49-42 (OT), Livingston 49-42, Willis 50-47, Manvel 56-46. Lots of long games!!!
[/quote]
Dang.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1094010" timestamp="1319568188"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=90240.msg1094008#msg1094008 date=1319568092]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1094004#msg1094004 date=1319568007]

[/quote]
[/quote]

New leaf twocents?  ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'll agree to that if you agree to the fact that Vidor ain't all that bad either.  8)
[/quote]

Agreed. 
I think it's always easier to pick one or two "fans" that come on here and spew their venom against other schools and try to paint the entire fan base as that, but the truth of the matter is there are many intelligent, passionate, decent well rounded people in Port Neches and Groves just like every other community.  We do not feel entitled to anything nor expect to be treated differently than anyone else.

I assure you - we are not looking over Vidor (or anyone else).  The pirates always play us tough and we will be up for the challenge this year like we are every year. We know we have a tough fight this coming Friday night and look forward to good clean game, great halftime and an injury free game with the best team coming out with a win.

badndn..not directing that at you. I respect your opinions...you don't wear the purple glasses when breaking down our team. Its just a lot of my friends are downplaying Vidor like us winning is going to be a cakewalk. Vidor has a lot better athletes than Lum and Quirante does a great job handling the ball. Losing Louviere will hurt, because I expect us to put in an extra LB in place of a DB. It is hard to find the ball sometimes with all the mis-direction and it is hard to simulate this offense in practice. We had WAY too many barn burners last year! I must have aged 10 years in one season. mytwocents doesn't seem like a  bad guy, he just REALLY loves his team ;D! badndn...I agree, I love Vidor homecoming halftime shows. Maybe they will schedule us for homecoming next year, it was great last year.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1094052" timestamp="1319570945"]
badndn..not directing that at you. I respect your opinions...you don't wear the purple glasses when breaking down our team. Its just a lot of my friends are downplaying Vidor like us winning is going to be a cakewalk. Vidor has a lot better athletes than Lum and Quirante does a great job handling the ball. Losing Louviere will hurt, because I expect us to put in an extra LB in place of a DB. It is hard to find the ball sometimes with all the mis-direction and it is hard to simulate this offense in practice. We had WAY too many barn burners last year! I must have aged 10 years in one season. mytwocents doesn't seem like a  bad guy, he just REALLY loves his team ;D! badndn...I agree, I love Vidor homecoming halftime shows. Maybe they will schedule us for homecoming next year, it was great last year.
[/quote]

Seen 2 Vidor games and the misdirection is SICK!!!  :o

[quote name="badndn" post="1094015" timestamp="1319568378"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1094007#msg1094007 date=1319568081]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

That Ozen game ended in double overtime. That was a crazy game.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1094052" timestamp="1319570945"]
badndn..not directing that at you. I respect your opinions...you don't wear the purple glasses when breaking down our team. Its just a lot of my friends are downplaying Vidor like us winning is going to be a cakewalk. Vidor has a lot better athletes than Lum and Quirante does a great job handling the ball. Losing Louviere will hurt, because I expect us to put in an extra LB in place of a DB. It is hard to find the ball sometimes with all the mis-direction and it is hard to simulate this offense in practice. We had WAY too many barn burners last year! I must have aged 10 years in one season. [size=10pt][b]mytwocents doesn't seem like a bad guy, he just REALLY loves his team[/b][/size] ;D! badndn...I agree, I love Vidor homecoming halftime shows. Maybe they will schedule us for homecoming next year, it was great last year.
[/quote]
Yes i do lol.  ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1094084" timestamp="1319572767"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90240.msg1094052#msg1094052 date=1319570945]
badndn..not directing that at you. I respect your opinions...you don't wear the purple glasses when breaking down our team. Its just a lot of my friends are downplaying Vidor like us winning is going to be a cakewalk. Vidor has a lot better athletes than Lum and Quirante does a great job handling the ball. Losing Louviere will hurt, because I expect us to put in an extra LB in place of a DB. It is hard to find the ball sometimes with all the mis-direction and it is hard to simulate this offense in practice. We had WAY too many barn burners last year! I must have aged 10 years in one season. [size=10pt][b]mytwocents doesn't seem like a bad guy, he just REALLY loves his team[/b][/size] ;D! badndn...I agree, I love Vidor homecoming halftime shows. Maybe they will schedule us for homecoming next year, it was great last year.
[/quote]
Yes i do lol.  ;D
[/quote]

And you have represented them well on this board!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="NDNation" post="1094086" timestamp="1319572853"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1094084#msg1094084 date=1319572767]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90240.msg1094052#msg1094052 date=1319570945]
[/quote]
Yes i do lol.  ;D
[/quote]

And you have represented them well on this board!
[/quote]
Thank you. I appreciate that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics