Tragedies like this show me 1 thing...

With the tragic passing of Matt, it really made me realize something...

When it comes to football, and sports, we all get hyped up and trash talk like no other... We all disagree with people from other cities, because it seems like they don't know your side of the story. We all have our heated moments, and it gets the best of us at times.

But I have NEVER seen so much love from our community like I have these past couple of days. When it comes down to it, we're all family here, we all represent SETX. I think it is easily the coolest and most awesome thing to see everybody come together, to remember and support someone they might not have even knew.

Gives me chills to hear all the stories of people doing something to help out or show their support. And that, my friends, is why SETX is the best part of Texas.

As a resident and fan of Vidor, I think I can speak for all of us when we say we truly thank you. God bless every single one of you... And Matt Thomas, R.I.P. brother! God gained an amazing one this week.

Go Pirates!

[quote name="aries456" post="1087764" timestamp="1319050457"]

When it comes to football, and sports, we all get hyped up and trash talk like no other... We all disagree with people from other cities, because it seems like they don't know your side of the story. We all have our heated moments, and it gets the best of us at times.

But I have NEVER seen so much love from our community like I have these past couple of days. When it comes down to it, we're all family here, we all represent SETX. I think it is easily the coolest and most awesome thing to see everybody come together, to remember and support someone they might not have even knew.

Gives me chills to hear all the stories of people doing something to help out or show their support. And that, my friends, is why SETX is the best part of Texas.

As a resident and fan of Vidor, I think I can speak for all of us when we say we truly thank you. God bless every single one of you... And Matt Thomas, R.I.P. brother! God gained an amazing one this week.

Go Pirates!
[/quote]

Great Post!

Go Pirates!
[/quote]

I second that...R.I.P. Matt.  We love you man!

Go Pirates!
[/quote]Sometimes we all need to realize there are things that happen in life that transcend our differences and bring us all together. I just wish it wasn't always a tragety like this. At the BH- Dayton game there was an announcement that the brother of a BH player had just arrived safely from Afghanistan after serving his tour of duty. Both sides of the stants stood up and cheered. It was a wonderful tribute. At that moment I was proud of the patriotism and togetherness. Then the 3rd quarter began and it was on! Anyway, the tribute to that soldier is something I will always remember.
I did not know Matt but I am praying for his family just as so many others.

It was truly my pleasure having attended the service this morning.Once again I met some fine folks and a few that I'd met in 09 in the Dayt/Vidor playoff game.Wore my school colors purple/white in a show of support to a grieving community.It's sad we had to meet after the loss of a team player everybody loved.To the coaching staff thanks for the kind words/welcome,a class group of caring men.To the Vidor Pirate teamates I will always remember your courage on and off the field and share your feelings for a teamate.This was a time of sadness,courage,honor I'm guessing well over 1,000 in attendance.

I have said it several times, I've lived all over the country and never have I seen a bigger sense of community than SETX......I am absolutely amazed at the very moving gestures so many people and schools in the area have made in honor of Matt and for the Vidor community at large.

I would like to thank everyone who came out to the service for Matt Thomas today.  It was moving to see all the support from around the community.  I would like to say a special thank you to our friends from Beaumont Central.  There is a reason why there is so much respect between the two teams and community.  The young man that spoke as a representative of Central was a great young man and was a true Capitan and ambassador for your school.  He is #63 for Central and the kind words he spoke were comforting.  Thank You 

I think a big part of SETEX pulling together in times like this has alot to do with this setxsports.com website. Alot of people get their info about other teams from this website. Me being one of them. So thanks setxsports.com .  8)

[color=red][b][size=14pt]Semper Fi[/size][/b][/color] :

to ALL our administrators, Jordan, brothers and sisters that continue to demonstrate leadership in Southeast Texas and continue to represent their Family, Community, and our American way....you don't have to know each other personally on this forum to know what kind of people are here in setxsports.com...when tragedy strikes we quickly unite as One...I personally have contributed to families I have never met and will probably never meet...I'm certain I'm not the only one...

I'll be the first One to say, you can always count on me SETX....no matter how silly I am on this board...when it's time to put on the game face you got a team player, a QB, and yes a water boy if needed!...it's just an example of what someone with so many "smites" can do...
WE ARE:
".....ONE NATION UNDER GOD...INDIVISIBLE....."

Thanks SETXSPORTS!

I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support demonstrated by the folks of SETX in regards to the passing of Matt Thomas, thank you for honoring Matt in so many ways, in your prayers that have sustained us as a family and a community, in your generosity of time and treasure that has eased an already unbearable burden. Thank you for reaching out and coming along side this community, for entering into our lives and listening, talking, laughing and crying with us, I was reminded again that God uses ordinary people in extraordinary ways to embody his love........God bless SETX.

[quote name="El Sgt CURSE (Hispanol)" post="1087889" timestamp="1319060450"]

[color=red][b][size=14pt]Semper Fi[/size][/b][/color] :

to ALL our administrators, Jordan, brothers and sisters that continue to demonstrate leadership in Southeast Texas and continue to represent their Family, Community, and our American way....you don't have to know each other personally on this forum to know what kind of people are here in setxsports.com...when tragedy strikes we quickly unite as One...I personally have contributed to families I have never met and will probably never meet...I'm certain I'm not the only one...

I'll be the first One to say, you can always count on me SETX....no matter how silly I am on this board...when it's time to put on the game face you got a team player, a QB, and yes a water boy if needed!...it's just an example of what someone with so many "smites" can do...
WE ARE:
".....ONE NATION UNDER GOD...INDIVISIBLE....."

Thanks SETXSPORTS!
[/quote]

Good Post Sarge...Im gonna give you a + for that...And SETXSPORTS is the Best..!!!!!

Go Pirates!
[/quote]great post

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="liltex" post="1087826" timestamp="1319055957"]
It was truly my pleasure having attended the service this morning.Once again I met some fine folks and a few that I'd met in 09 in the Dayt/Vidor playoff game.Wore my school colors purple/white in a show of support to a grieving community.It's sad we had to meet after the loss of a team player everybody loved.To the coaching staff thanks for the kind words/welcome,a class group of caring men.To the Vidor Pirate teamates I will always remember your courage on and off the field and share your feelings for a teamate.This was a time of sadness,courage,honor I'm guessing well over 1,000 in attendance.
[/quote]
Thank you for showing up and supporting a great man in Matt Thomas. He effected everyone's life he was in and you could see it today at the funeral. He was a great man. And the last i heard there was 2000+ in attendance today.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin