Hull-Daisetta vs West Hardin/One of the oldest and biggest rivalries in Texas!

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1089035" timestamp="1319205775"]
Man, it's gettin' deep around here I'd say. I'm not getting into any of this other than to say a few things. HDBobcats55 is the most passionate HD Bobcat fan out there. He does come across in the wrong way to alot of people, but that's just who he is. It's hard to "play nice" when you are that passionate about something. I have seen Joharr and HD55 both give props to each others teams over the years, and have seen both of them come across somewhat bitter after a defeat. That's just the nature of the beast. I appreciate both of their comments and input on this forum and it makes for good reading material and interesting entertainment.

On another note, I do think that this rivalry is as heated, hated and intense as it's always been. I played against all the same guys that 55 mentioned from 7th-12th grade..... we beat them every year until our senior year, and it was crazy in Batson/Saratoga after that game. What I'm saying is that kids are gonna be friends and respect each other, most likely more than the fans and parents in the stands, but in this game, it's something different. It's bragging rights for a year between two communities only minutes apart. The same oil fields, the same vacuum trucks, the same drive to the deer lease or WalMart. This is important for two tiny communities that don't have a whole lot more going for them. I'm from HD and I will always be a Bobcat. My kindergarden teacher told our class on the first day of school that you are Bobcats.... and it's not alright to lose to West Hardin. That's just how it is. You can throw the records out every year, because it's new blood, new leadership, and new talent.... but it's the same old goal..... win it for your town.

HD does have a long and prideful history of tradition. Maybe they've been mediocre on the field for the last 15yrs or more, but that doesn't change the way the kids look at it. West Hardin comes into this game wanting to be that team that beats HD. The team that puts those loud mouth smack talkers in their place and shuts them up. HD comes into this game expecting to win. It's what we do against WH. It doesn't matter if WH is 8-1 and HD is 2-7..... the Bobcats expect to win, and it shows on Friday nights. It's a mental edge that HD has over WH. Just like Groveton and Alto had HD's number in the playoffs year after year, HD was behind before the opening kickoff because of the history and intimidation those teams had over us.

We will see tonight. I think WH may be the more talented team, but that doesn't mean anything come 7:30 at Bobcat Stadium. HD puts West Hardin out of the playoffs tonight in hard fought, intense, well played game. Good luck to both teams and I'll be the first to congratulate the Oilers if they pull out the win.

Hull-Daisetta - 26
West Hardin  - 18
[/quote]

Now that is one Bobcat fan, that I don't mind hearing from.  He keeps it real and doesn't make it out to be that the Bobcats are better than everyone else. He even put that in this post.  And again good luck to both teams tonight.  8)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TAMU" post="1089048" timestamp="1319206869"]

Now that is one Bobcat fan, that I don't mind hearing from.  He keeps it real and doesn't make it out to be that the Bobcats are better than everyone else. He even put that in this post.  And again good luck to both teams tonight.  8)
[/quote]

Agreed! 

I'd like to defend myself though.  When I make a bitter comment after a defeat, I'm bashing my team for stupid mistakes & penalties or lack of desire.  I think any passionate fan should be critical of their team after a loss & praise them after each victory.  Look... the truth is the truth, if you dont call it like you see it, then why make your opinions public.

Of course, if your vision is blurry, you may want someone proof read before submitting a comment!  ;)

Oh & nicely written comment HDBobcats9!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder