SFA vs LAMAR a shocker!

rip2506

LAMAR vs SFA

SFA 1 - Lamar 0

I learned a lot from this game. One I underestimated Lamar's talent based on the results of like opponents. Their big physical style of play matches up really well or mis-matches up against our smaller more possesion oriented players. My hats off to Dewi for the way he built his team. These are the only teams ( ones built in this fashion ie Baylor and SMU) that has given us any trouble.

Zuri only played 15 minutes and that was really hard to swallow since I made a big build up with the family and friends to come out and see her play. Better luck in 2013..

We hosted the team dinner and got the W so all in all it was a fun weekend.

Didn't see the SFA game, but saw the Sam Houston on Friday night.  The physical play was what I noticed, especially in the second half. Sam may have been passing to one another a little better, but the Lamar players were pushing them around more and more as the second half wore on.  Lamar got the win that time.

[quote name="stori" post="1086490" timestamp="1318900833"]
Didn't see the SFA game, but saw the Sam Houston on Friday night.  The physical play was what I noticed, especially in the second half. Sam may have been passing to one another a little better, but the Lamar players were pushing them around more and more as the second half wore on.  Lamar got the win that time.
[/quote]

Yes Lamar is the soccer equivalent to the Baltimore Ravens... not pretty.. just hard nose in your face soccer. I thought the ref should have been a little more involved early to dictate what would be allowed.. it was very rough and  I am surprised there were no significant injuries. Both teams got away with a lot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami