Baytown Sterling vs. La Porte Game Thread/La Porte Wins!

WOSgrad

LP intercepts RSS pas @ RSS 36 yd.

I'm sitting nxt to some imcompetent ranger fans. "Why run the same play over and over...?" Not realizing you can run th e triple option in multiple looks. Smh

"Why don't the coach throw the ball only getting 5 yds a rush." Next play RSS throws an INT. The guys then says "well, he tried. It ain't our strong suit. But just throw the D*mn ball". Some people are bad "coaches"

Ok, so RSS was driving again, the FB trap was working, well RSS decided to throw again and it was intercepted. LP couldn't do anything with the ball and RSS took posession again with about 6-7 minutes left. RSS drove the ball to midfield and soon made their way to the LP redzone.  A pass interference on RSS on 3rd down pushed RSS to the 45 yd line. LP should have let RSS keep the 4th and 15. So on 3rd and 30, RSS QB launches another orbital duck that is hauled in by someone other than Gibson. 3 bulldogs couldn't get a different result.
With 3 minutes left RSS tries to punch it in and finally does with 1:26 left. RSS decide to go for 2pt but due to the celebration had to burn their final timeout (key moment). On the try a power option to the right was stopped by The Darkside. The ensuing onside kick is kicked out of bounce with out any threat of recovery by RSS.

LP runs two plays and with 11 seconds left the final knee is taken and victory is had ( that final timeout could have given sterling a chance to return it but most likely i t would have been punted out of bounds given RSS one last hell mary)

Gibson SHOULDN'T have played??? He dikd so I assume that's some internal issue.

The triple option gave The DARKSIDE fits. LP defense is built to attack the first option of the ball, I.e. qb handoff to running back or the completion to the wr. The dline was marginalized which put a lot of responsibility on the LBs and most importantly the secondary.  Again, I can't stop worrying about the ability of the secondary Covering. 

I'm looking forward to the next 3 games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83