Barbers Hill vs CE King Predictions

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1080573" timestamp="1318430224"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=89528.msg1080461#msg1080461 date=1318417615]
More important than records and game plans, when the kids come off the field for doing something good, they are met by numerous coaches hugging and high-fiving them for encouragement.  When you do something wrong, you get coached, not yelled at from 20-yards away with no point in your sarcasim. 

Point being, the days of Don Price are thankfully LONG GONE.  I have yet to see a kid walk past the coach ignoring him, as would happend every game when Price was here.

Give me an AMEN!
[/quote]

Cha-Ching....guess dem fellars over at da hill, were rite after all. Just sayin ! AMEN !!!!!!
[/quote]Coach Price was aloof from the players and inaccessible to the parents. He coached a game from 30yds down the sideline from the players. I think he was burned out the last couple of years he was here and was just giong through the motions. His teams won because for the most part he had good coaches working for him and the dedication of the kids to work hard.
Coach Gage brought in a new crop of young coaches with a lot of enthusiasm. Coach Bruce Taylor stayed with BH and no one has more enthusiasm than him. Coach Gage did the right thing by retaining Bruce. Gage  is not only a motivator but a very good technician of the game. Play calling, execution of the clock, etc. He is the real deal. He is also very friendly and accessible to the parents. BH is blessed with a great senior class of players this year also. There may be some drop off next year but coach Gage will find a way to win. He is building the program from the bottom up. He also plays the 2nd string when we have a comfortable lead which gives those boys experience and keeps everyone happy. Price never did that. He would play the starters until the last play even when winning by a huge margin. Our quarterback, Chris Daniels, tore his ACL late in the 4th quarter one year and lost a full ride scholarship to rice. We had a big lead in that game when it happened. We are lucky to have Coach Gage and all he brings to the team and school district.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Panther087" post="1080705" timestamp="1318442585"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=89528.msg1080451#msg1080451 date=1318414806]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=89528.msg1080403#msg1080403 date=1318390433]
Great article on a great turnaround program in a short time.The hard part is maintaining the same intensity in the years to come.
[/quote]
BH gots a plan.......................Was at the 7th A  DAY / CB game yesterday in Baytown and in da stands were two BH students filming the game.............. ;D  I asked them and they said it was for the coaches..................  I've seen it at the highschool level but jr high................. I guess you do what you have to do.....................Besides must of heard about that 7thA PONY team that is smashing everthing in their path  ;)
[/quote]
not sure if it applies to JH games (it probably does) but it is against UIL rules for a school to film a game when the school that is filming is not playing.
[/quote]maybe thats why I have never seen anyone filming a junior high game. Oh well if your not cheating your not trying.

[quote name="bh15" post="1080707" timestamp="1318442607"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=89528.msg1080573#msg1080573 date=1318430224]
More important than records and game plans, when the kids come off the field for doing something good, they are met by numerous coaches hugging and high-fiving them for encouragement.  When you do something wrong, you get coached, not yelled at from 20-yards away with no point in your sarcasim. 

Point being, the days of Don Price are thankfully LONG GONE.  I have yet to see a kid walk past the coach ignoring him, as would happend every game when Price was here.

Give me an AMEN!
[/quote]

Cha-Ching....guess dem fellars over at da hill, were rite after all. Just sayin ! AMEN !!!!!!
[/quote]Coach Price was aloof from the players and inaccessible to the parents. He coached a game from 30yds down the sideline from the players. I think he was burned out the last couple of years he was here and was just giong through the motions. His teams won because for the most part he had good coaches working for him and the dedication of the kids to work hard.
Coach Gage brought in a new crop of young coaches with a lot of enthusiasm. Coach Bruce Taylor stayed with BH and no one has more enthusiasm than him. Coach Gage did the right thing by retaining Bruce. Gage  is not only a motivator but a very good technician of the game. Play calling, execution of the clock, etc. He is the real deal. He is also very friendly and accessible to the parents. BH is blessed with a great senior class of players this year also. There may be some drop off next year but coach Gage will find a way to win. He is building the program from the bottom up. He also plays the 2nd string when we have a comfortable lead which gives those boys experience and keeps everyone happy. Price never did that. He would play the starters until the last play even when winning by a huge margin. Our quarterback, Chris Daniels, tore his ACL late in the 4th quarter one year and lost a full ride scholarship to rice. We had a big lead in that game when it happened. We are lucky to have Coach Gage and all he brings to the team and school district.
[/quote]

Beg to differ, back ups got alot of clean up time, with that old staffs, if you dont believe me, I can give you film of it, there is nothing wrong with keeping your starters in to continue to get work.  If youre throwing 5o yard bombs when your up by 40, them you should question your motives.  It stunk what happened to Chris, we lost a kid with a broken foot because he got out of his truck one day, things happen.  BH isnt the only  school that keeps starts in, and they wont be the last.  And Gage again is doing a great Job, but to say he is building a program from the ground up is an insult to the Coaches that were there and left, and to the ones that were there and are still there.  BH has been a great program for a while now, not just the two years, so its not like Coach Gage had to come in and start from scratch.  Being apart of other ms programs and seeing what some high schools produce into college.  BH has always worked the MS levels hard, and it shows off when they beat teams that are bigger and faster.  Thats been happening since the 90's my friend.

[quote name="bh15" post="1080707" timestamp="1318442607"]

Give me an AMEN!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good post 8)

Folks there is no reason to bring up the Price debat again! Some liked him and some didn't both sides have valid arguments. Gage is here now and doing a great job, While Price is struggling at the 3 A level! Price did give WOS a game last week, so that should be a bright spot for hope at HF.

Back to the CEK thread! Don't give a crap about debating who is the better Coach 8)

BH is gonna skin a Panther this week!

[quote name="Spectator45" post="1080735" timestamp="1318444359"]
[quote author=bh15 link=topic=89528.msg1080707#msg1080707 date=1318442607]

Give me an AMEN!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Beg to differ, back ups got alot of clean up time, with that old staffs, if you dont believe me, I can give you film of it, there is nothing wrong with keeping your starters in to continue to get work.  If youre throwing 5o yard bombs when your up by 40, them you should question your motives.  It stunk what happened to Chris, we lost a kid with a broken foot because he got out of his truck one day, things happen.  BH isnt the only  school that keeps starts in, and they wont be the last.  And Gage again is doing a great Job, but to say he is building a program from the ground up is an insult to the Coaches that were there and left, and to the ones that were there and are still there.  BH has been a great program for a while now, not just the two years, so its not like Coach Gage had to come in and start from scratch.  Being apart of other ms programs and seeing what some high schools produce into college.  BH has always worked the MS levels hard, and it shows off when they beat teams that are bigger and faster.  Thats been happening since the 90's my friend.
[/quote]I've only been watching BH since about 2000 so if you say he played the subs in the 90's I won't dispute your word. I haven't personally seen Price play the subs much. Year before last he did play the senior subs in their last home game after we had a comfortable lead. They played about the last four minutes of the 4th quarter.
When you come in as a new coach with a new system everyone starts from scratch, regardless of what has happened in the past. From TIFI on up.

Now that I got Spectator45's attention, will you come mow my grass?  You obviously know little about BH football, so try grass cutting.  Everybody has to admit when they just need to pick up the yard rake and start sweeping.  Here we call it, hiring Gage.  ;D ;D ;D

BH 30+

King 7

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1080788" timestamp="1318446886"]
Now that I got Spectator45's attention, will you come mow my grass?  You obviously know little about BH football, so try grass cutting.  Everybody has to admit when they just need to pick up the yard rake and start sweeping.  Here we call it, hiring Gage.  ;D ;D ;D

BH 30+

King 7
[/quote]Well said. Way to cut to the quick smokin baby :)

Dude if you want to start this again I'm game big boy. If you want to spend time yapping about the past bring it. This just let's me know you care nothing about BH and the program. You just like running your trap. Go back and read your posts last year when  BH was getting their head handed to'em.

This is a great staff and they are doing a great job, but you're not happy unless you are running your mouth. Bring it.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1080479" timestamp="1318420280"]
Didnt don price coach bh to an undefeated season in 06 only to get beat im the first round. I hear people wrag dp fact is his record stands for itself im pretty sure he got bh to the playoffs every year. Let gage accomplish something before you put him above price
[/quote]

Gage has TWO State Championships at the 5-A Level at Lewisville High School in the Dallas area........Price doesn't have one at ANY level. 

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1080461" timestamp="1318417615"]

Give me an AMEN!
[/quote]
AMEN!  The enthusiasm and positive attitude of this coaching staff is GREAT!  When they need to correct kids they do so in a way that doesn't belittle them......they point out what they did wrong and then COACH them, not humiliate them!  My son has told me more than once that the difference between the DP days and the RG days are like night and day.  I am a Gage fan all the way! 

Oh....and one more thing.....Gage gets the importance of building relationships with all programs at the school.  He has incorporated honorary captains from the younger campuses.  Kids are selected for good behavior and a positive attitude and get to come out on the field for the coin toss.  Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but the football boys stayed to watch the band perform after the game last Friday to show support for their upcoming marching competition.  He also had the seniors deliver cold treats to the band one day in August when it was really hot.  Bottom line, Ronnie Gage is a class act all the way!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1080943" timestamp="1318460033"]
How many does Gage have at BH? When he wins one there, it will be relevant.
[/quote]

Amazing how you continue to hijack the BH threads.......never saying anything but crap and smack.  You must be Price's cousin.

Just to clear up the filming at the Jr high game, it was not for the coaches, they do not want film or endorse any one filming for them at the Jr high level.  There were a couple of the jr high players that wanted to know what they were up against the next 2 out of 3 games, BHMS would be playing both teams in the future.  They heard Dayton and the other team were good, and wanted to see them.  A big brother filmed it for them.  I think it is good for them wanting to know and being prepared, the school had nothing to do with it.  Jr high should not be on the high school thread anyway,really the only ones that keep up with the Jr high ball are the parents, nobody else really cares until they get to HS.

BH- 28
CEK-6

[quote name="Eagle0011" post="1080971" timestamp="1318463524"]
[b]Just to clear up the filming at the Jr high game, it was not for the coaches[/b], they do not want film or endorse any one filming for them at the Jr high level.  There were a couple of the jr high players that wanted to know what they were up against the next 2 out of 3 games, BHMS would be playing both teams in the future.  They heard Dayton and the other team were good, and wanted to see them.  A big brother filmed it for them.  I think it is good for them wanting to know and being prepared, the school had nothing to do with it.  Jr high should not be on the high school thread anyway,really the only ones that keep up with the Jr high ball are the parents, nobody else really cares until they get to HS.

BH- 28
CEK-6
[/quote]
Not what da kids said but I believe ya ;) Anyways BH D to much for CEK  as long as BH holds on to da ball  35 - 7  ;D ;D ;D

Guest UHCoog14
What's so wrong with some teens breaking down jr high game film? I'm sure it was for entertainment purposes only. Probably wanted to be prepared if the coach asked for their input.

Kind of reminds me of the kid on "Little Giants" who draws up The Annexation of Puerto Rico.  It just might come in handy.

The kids were just asked to film if they could, I'm sure they thought it would be for the coaches, not eager kids and obsessed dads.  That age group has watched film for the last few years and it is fun for them, they feel like big kids.  Can't believe it made it on this forum and can't believe I'm responding to it.  :-[

[quote name="Eagle0011" post="1081005" timestamp="1318467743"]
The kids were just asked to film if they could, I'm sure they thought it would be for the coaches, not eager kids and obsessed dads.  That age group has watched film for the last few years and it is fun for them, they feel like big kids.  Can't believe it made it on this forum and can't believe I'm responding to it.  :-[
[/quote]

If you READ the forum that I said I liked it and did not see anything wrong or say it was cheating. Just stating a fact and said it showed enthusiasm. Nuff said  ;D ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1080788" timestamp="1318446886"]

BH 30+

King 7
[/quote]

You've always had my attention, just never really cared to respond to your humorous comments.  Hey, arent you the short red haired guy, that got his feeling hurt a while back when you brought in some film from a school out in East Texas running the wing T or something, only to have your hopes and dreams get shot down by the BH staff.  Must of hurt pretty bad huh.  Well oh well, I hope that wasnt you.  Dont question me on my BH knowledge, buddy, just because you go to all the games and watch doesnt mean a thing.  I put in the blood and sweat for the program.  I know a little.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1081432" timestamp="1318525746"]
BHFAN, ain't it great to be amongst the unbeaten while coming through the final stretch....  It makes the season a lot more fun!
[/quote]And the point difference between what we have scored minus points allowed is 129. Liv. comes in next at 112, and png at 85. I don't have the stats on the other 194A teams. I would like to know the pt. differential in Day's games?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
    • Come on dude, don’t take anything away from the kids on the field. If you want to talk uncharacteristic, we made what 3 or 4 errors in game one. Y’all had 2 EARNED runs.  Defense is normally our strong suit. Your ace didn’t strike out a single one of our kids. Like I said also, you did not out hit us in game 1. Hell you barley out hit us in game 2. We had all the uncharacteristic walks. Josh pitched a hell of a game is what made that game what it was.
  • Topics