Baytown Lee vs. Dayton Game Thread/Dayton wins!

We wii be fine isnt that what they told everybody on the titanic. I love the bronx win or lose but I can be honest and say this team is actually getting worse from week to week. In the not so distant past dayton was known for making adjustments and hitting their stride come play off time everybody always said if you want to beat dayton you better do it early in the season. This team looks like just the opposite and I think you have to start with the coaches its their job to make adjustments and see the team get better I have not seen it this year. I dont know how but our kids forgot how to tackle this is probably the worst defense I have seen at dayton in the past 16 years part of being a coach is putting in players that can make plays I hate to keep  bringing it up but we have some freshman that need to be brought up beating everybody by 40 isnt helping them. I love the bronx but if we keep playing like this we will not get out of the first round and to me just making the playoffs means nothing basically everybody makes the playoffs

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1076967" timestamp="1318075098"]
When did Fowler get hurt? He was all world last week. He was in the game last night for most of the offensive posessions. If he's hurt shouldn't he be off the field? Same with JAK. I don't get it. ???
[/quote]Fowler was injured in the Barbers Hill game.

Jak and m dugatt were both playing as freshman and if you can play you can play im not saying freshman will cure all our problems but they can at least make people fight for their jobs and if you have character issues get rid of them thats part of being a leader and a coach. I know what stew did with character issues.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1076989" timestamp="1318076521"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=89458.msg1076967#msg1076967 date=1318075098]
When did Fowler get hurt? He was all world last week. He was in the game last night for most of the offensive posessions. If he's hurt shouldn't he be off the field? Same with JAK. I don't get it. ???
[/quote]Fowler was injured in the Barbers Hill game.
[/quote]
Yes I saw that he was banged up in the BH game, but then he looked great last week against GP. So I'm still confused about his injury. Maybe he re-aggravated it in practice. I saw that REL was double teaming him all night so maybe that's why he didn't touch the ball. They threw one pass his way on a third down...high and incomplete. Hopefully he'll be ready next week.

[quote name="bronco.football11" post="1077004" timestamp="1318077794"]
There is not an equal on this freshmen team to either one of those.  It takes someone very special to contribute as a freemen and if they are not a starter you do not want them on Friday night sitting the bench.
[/quote]Correct.  There are like four "studs" on the freshmen team, each one contributes, not one of them alone was the "actual" go to guy.  I think they even rotated QB last year in 8th grade with like three of them taking turns.  Mike and JD were the "GO TO GUY" on there teams.  This is a different situation.  I BELIEVE IN THE COACHES AND THE PLAYERS!  They will get the Broncos fired up and back on track.  The first step is getting #20 back 100%.  Without JD we really need Fowler at 100%.  Until then the offense won't be the same.

Yeah we missed some tackles ( no excuse ) but late in the 4th when the game was on the line our D moved it up a notch and turned Les's offense off. Were not going to blow teams out this year by 40 points . We have a potent offense and the skills postions are loaded and guided by the best QB in the leage. Our line is young on both sides of the ball I think maybe some of the bigger players on offense need to go both ways to help shore up our small D line. Lee had some studs in the backfield and they had great game. All in all I think we will be just fine . Folwer has a sprang ankle and recovering from a horse collar tackle from the BH game Delisbore #1 is looking beter all the time the coaches are bringing him on slow .

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1077014" timestamp="1318078425"]
Yeah we missed some tackles ( no excuse ) but late in the 4th when the game was on the line our D moved it up a notch and turned Les's offense off. Were not going to blow teams out this year by 40 points . We have a potent offense and the skills postions are loaded and guided by the best QB in the leage. Our line is young on both sides of the ball I think maybe some of the bigger players on offense need to go both ways to help shore up our small D line. Lee had some studs in the backfield and they had great game. All in all I think we will be just fine . Folwer has a sprang ankle and recovering from a horse collar tackle from the BH game Delisbore #1 is looking beter all the time the coaches are bringing him on slow .
[/quote]
Good post Jay. My thoughts exactly. Defense came up big when they needed to. Ironically enough, this is one of the best secondarys I've seen over the last few years, as far as INT's and knockdowns are concerned. Just that they're having to make too many tackles on run plays. Also agree with someone earlier, we need big #12 back. He's a beast!

Question....
The first time the Lee had the ball, they had a 3rd and 11 right off the bat, they throw a fade route to the right receiver.  Armando was flagged for interference.  On the video it looks like #80 (the receiver) slowed up and Armando ran into him, the ball was catchable, but #80 never made a move at the ball, it was like he was trying to get Armando to run over him.  If the official sees that, do they have to throw the flag even though the defensive player ran over him?  Never really seen that before.  Kind of like flopping in basketball to get a charge, even though you weren't touched.  At the end of the play #80 fist pumped like he was trying to get the flag.  If that play was stopped, Lee would have punted, instead they drive down the field and consume the clock for practically the whole first quarter.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1077026" timestamp="1318080100"]
Question....
The first time the Lee had the ball, they had a 3rd and 11 right off the bat, they throw a fade route to the right receiver.  Armando was flagged for interference.  On the video it looks like #80 (the receiver) slowed up and Armando ran into him, the ball was catchable, but #80 never made a move at the ball, it was like he was trying to get Armando to run over him.  If the official sees that, do they have to throw the flag even though the defensive player ran over him?  Never really seen that before.  Kind of like flopping in basketball to get a charge, even though you weren't touched.  At the end of the play #80 fist pumped like he was trying to get the flag.  If that play was stopped, Lee would have punted, instead they drive down the field and consume the clock for practically the whole first quarter.
[/quote]
It's something like hitting someone from behind with your car. Still your fault even if they slowed down. The ref made the right call in my opinion.

On the flip side, when they called holding against Lee (against Reyes) later in the game, all the Lee fans (all 50 of them) were thinking that was a bad call! Lol! He was clearly tackled while the ball was in the air.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1077018" timestamp="1318079235"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=89458.msg1077014#msg1077014 date=1318078425]
[/quote]
Good post Jay. My thoughts exactly. Defense came up big when they needed to. Ironically enough, this is one of the best secondarys I've seen over the last few years, as far as INT's and knockdowns are concerned. Just that they're having to make too many tackles on run plays. Also agree with someone earlier, we need big #12 back. He's a beast!
[/quote]"one of the best secondarys  I've seen "????? you might need to view some game films of Bronco teams for the last few years

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1077041" timestamp="1318080849"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=89458.msg1077018#msg1077018 date=1318079235]
[/quote]
[/quote]"one of the best secondarys  I've seen "????? you might need to view some game films of Bronco teams for the last few years
[/quote]2007 secondary was by far the best.  In the last three years, this might be one of our best.  Last year St. Andre playedas a freshmen in the secondary and had a great game last night.  We need #12 back.

I agree with you diamond the only reason our sec looks so good is because our run defense makes everybody look good  you cant compare anything on this defense to past years im not sure but I think we might break a record for the most points and yards given up by a bronco team we are on pace to giving up 3500 yds and 300 pts.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1077046" timestamp="1318081250"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=89458.msg1077041#msg1077041 date=1318080849]
[/quote]
[/quote]2007 secondary was by far the best.  In the last three years, this might be one of our best.  Last year St. Andre playedas a freshmen in the secondary and had a great game last night.  We need #12 back.
[/quote]jamad was a sophmore I believe

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1077026" timestamp="1318080100"]
Question....
[/quote]
If the DB turns and is looking at the ball then its a no call but if the DB is facing the receiver at runs into em then its a flag every time. I like #9 at safety more than corner.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1077043" timestamp="1318081026"]
Incidental contact is not a pentalty it was a weak call it was one of our better tackles of the night. lol
[/quote]
Yes you're right. Incidental contact is not a penalty. Problem is, it was a wee bit more than incidental. When the receiver gets tripped from behind right in front of an official, it's a no-brainer. Especially, when it is a catchable ball.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1077052" timestamp="1318081981"]
2007 dugat smesney baldwin take those 3 any day and oh yeah bethea
[/quote]agree---and in 06 add in Dewey and Carter
If we cannot stop the run then the secondary will not really be tested this year anyway.

This freshmen team has a very good chance of being a special group--both sides of the ball

I don't really care about which Bronco team had the best secondary at this point. The defense this year needs work in all areas, although the secondary does look pretty good. The tackling in the first half was atrocious. The defense stepped it up in the second half and played much better. Our opponents are not going to lay down just because they are playing the Broncos. If their are character issues on this team, they better get addressed quickly. There are many good teams out there that are hungry for success and would love to humble the Broncos. I fully support the Broncos but the time has come for commitment to be the best they can be to happen. 

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1077046" timestamp="1318081250"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=89458.msg1077041#msg1077041 date=1318080849]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I stand by my statement. There have been more physical groups yes, but against the pass (which is what I was referring), this team seems to have more of a nose for the ball. Maybe the scheme has changed a bit, I don't know. Seems like they're reading the QB better nowadays. I saw some of those previous great squads get burned over and over by a good passing attack.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83