Baytown Lee vs. Dayton Game Thread/Dayton wins!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was too busy watching Killer Elite.

Nice to see they played to their capability this week.  See if they can make it two weeks in a row next week.
I don't have the heart to sit through many Gander games right now.  They are so difficult to watch when they play like they did against BH and Terry.
Maybe by next Friday the itch will be too much to overcome.

I am REALLY GLAD to see this score and hear Lee put up a good battle.  They have WAY TOO MANY athletes on that team to not contend with the best in this or 20-4A districts. 

I bet there are dirty drawers all around the Dayton side of the stands.  ;D ;D

That was another ugly Dayton win. Sometimes I wonder if the opposing sprays down with oil before the game, the missed tackles are inexcusable. Lots of missed opportunities with dropped passes and open receivers not seen. I may catch a little flack for saying this, but I can really see a change in discipline, execution, decision making, and demeanor in general of this team. Maybe the coaching change had a little more effect on this team than we thought. I'm not saying Hancock is a bad coach, I'm just saying he is probably not quite the motivater that Big Stu is. What ever it is, they better get a grip on it cause GCM is waiting to be the next team to take down the mighty purple and white.

[quote name="broncoman" post="1076685" timestamp="1318043845"]
That was another ugly Dayton win. Sometimes I wonder if the opposing sprays down with oil before the game, the missed tackles are inexcusable. Lots of missed opportunities with dropped passes and open receivers not seen. I may catch a little flack for saying this, but I can really see a change in discipline, execution, decision making, and demeanor in general of this team. Maybe the coaching change had a little more effect on this team than we thought. I'm not saying Hancock is a bad coach, I'm just saying he is probably not quite the motivater that Big Stu is. What ever it is, they better get a grip on it cause GCM is waiting to be the next team to take down the mighty purple and white.
[/quote]

I believe when i said at the beginning of the year, "we'll see how they do without Stewart" everyone thought i was crazy.

No leadership on the field tonight from anyone, Delasbour tried to play, but I saw him limp off the field and not return, doesn't look like he will be much of a factor anytime soon. Defense was getting shredded. If they play GCM and Crosby like they played tonight they will be the 4th place team.

DA BRONX got lucky to pull this one out. A W is a W but dont know what they are doing on both sides of the ball. On O you are running the ball for 6-7 yrds a carry then you throw for the next 10 plays. Corners are up on the line of scrimmage and you still gonna throw the bubble for about 2 yrds a play. NO RHYTHM WHAT SO EVER. On D  :-[ lets just say FUNDAMENTALS are lacking on this team. Got alot of players still tryin to hang on to the coat tails of last years team. After watching the last couple of games I cant figure it out. I know I will get scrutinized for whining :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( about a win but the mystic of the purple n white is gone this season "so far" and DA BRONX got a big target on em and everyone is lining up to take their shot. We play like we did tonight againt GCM next week its not gonna be nice for DA BRONX.

This was 1 of those games I'd rather not watch.For most part front 3 getting no penetration w/backers not hitting da gaps.Play after play same routine of many hits but no tackling.Offense was enuff but not impressive.Gut check time for Dayton this week in practice.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1076754" timestamp="1318045591"]
The Broncos need #20 at 110%!!!!!  The offense just isn't the same without #20 at 100%.
[/quote]

Thats why in my rant I didnt even bring up Fowler not even touching da ball cause I know he's hurt. What gets me is there are other kids that got moved up from JV two weeks ago McBride / Tamlin that really stepped up last week against GP but didnt even see da field but a snap or two. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :
Gotta spread da wealth.

[quote name="Jeepz" post="1076739" timestamp="1318045285"]
No leadership on the field tonight from anyone, Delasbour tried to play, but I saw him limp off the field and not return, doesn't look like he will be much of a factor anytime soon. Defense was getting shredded. If they play GCM and Crosby like they played tonight they will be the 4th place team.
[/quote]

You're right, there is a lack team leadership. Somebody has to step up and be that guy. We really miss #12 Dillingham on defense right now, not sure how long he will be out, but I hope he comes back soon. He was injured in the Angelton game and has not played since. He would bring some pop back to the defense. As for #1, I don't see him being a factor for a while. I hate to say that because he is such a great athlete and a great kid. The coaching changes were not only the head coach, the offensive and defensive coordinators are also new to their respective positions as well. Hancock was a heck of a defensive coordinator, and I'm sure is very hard to replace as well. I believe once everyone is settled in thief new roles, the Broncos will be dominate again, until then we will see a lot of close games.

They just have to get that rhythm going both offense and defense and I promise you we will be unstoppable....Watch and see and all the people that's talking about them will eat their wordss..support them and encourage them instead of talking about them!!! that just kills me  >:( We will be fine....!! I'm a Bronco FAN FOREVER...and stop comparing them to what we had in the past they have to make their own way!!!!

[quote name="bronco10" post="1076870" timestamp="1318051726"]
They just have to get that rhythm going both offense and defense and I promise you we will be unstoppable....Watch and see and all the people that's talking about them will eat their wordss..support them and encourage them instead of talking about them!!! that just kills me  >:( We will be fine....!! I'm a Bronco FAN FOREVER...and stop comparing them to what we had in the past they have to make their own way!!!!
[/quote]We are supporting them and we want everyone on this team to succeed, but right now the truth is they are not looking very good. We hold the kids accountable on the field and so must the coaches.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476