ALCS Tigers vs Rangers

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
Another big JACK from Cruz!  ;D

There you go:  http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/images/10/12/tx.cruz2.ap.jpg

Detroits a scrappy club with probably the best manager in MLB, but they are in a tremendous jam now. Verlander will probably win tomorrow, but Leyland himself says their bull pen (ValVerde and Benoit) are "running on fumes" in the post game.

TX should get to the series now... 

[quote name="JWB" post="1081121" timestamp="1318479827"]
The Rangers prove again tonite,that they have the BEST line up in baseball!.....Rangers All The Way!!!
[/quote]

Yes they do.  What I really like about the line-up in that it isn't built on power alone.  We know the RANGERS can hit but everyone in this line-up can do the little things as well.  They bunt when needed, they hit behind runners when needed and they run the bases as well as any team in baseball.  On top of that, it's not just the every day starters.  They have bench players that can step in and the team doesn't lose anything.  The line-up is very versatile.  I bet Ron Washington smiles every day that he wakes up and fills out his line-up card. 

1. Ian Kinsler (2B)-speed and power. 30-30 guy this season.
2. Elvis Andrus (SS)-speed
3. Josh Hamilton (LF/CF)-pure hitter with power to all fields.
4. Michael Young (DH/U)-one of the best hitters in the game.  Struggling this post season.
5. Adrian Beltre (3B)-POWER
6. Mike Napoli (C/DH)-May be the best hitter since the all-star break.
7. Nelson Cruz (OF)-POWER, having one heck of a post season.
8. Yorvit Torealba (C/DH)comes up with big hits in big moments.
9. David Murphy (OF)-the guy no one thinks about. Went 3 for 4 last night.

I was pleased to see Mike Napoli learn from past mistakes.... In the Tampa Bay series someone ran him over and he dropped the ball to allow them to score a run.... Last night, he caught the ball and put his body in position to make the tag and then get low, which is the key in that situation for the catcher....

Today is the day we clinch the second in a row!!!!!!

This sounds odd to say, but the Rangers won against TB and are up 3-1 against Detroit with the offense not really clicking.....

Think about it, last night without Cruz, the score is 4-3.... The other 11 inning game, without Cruz we maybe lose 3-2 because he provided 5 runs....

Michael Young, Ian Kinsler, Elvis Andrus, Josh Hamilton, Adrian Beltre.... All of those guys we are still waiting to break out in the ALCS....

I just think Detroit is deflated... And also, Verlander has not been on the hill for many innings this postseason because of all of the rain delays.... Maybe a little rusty....

Texas 6, Detroit 2

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont