ESPN Story on Steve Bartman

Watched most of a 2 hr story last night that was mostly on Steve Bartman, the infamous fan who tried to catch what appeared to be a foul ball in game 6 of the 2003 NL series with the Florida Marlins.  It also talked about Bill Buckner.  The name of the program escapes me but it had "Hell" int he title.  I watched that game live.  I will never forget the treatment of Bartman by the fans and their is a lot of behind the scenes info of what happened afterward.  The guy is a total recluse still.  I think it is one of the most tragic stories in sports where someone didn't die.  The Cubs organization and the fans of Chicago should do something to free this guy from his self imposed exile.  It is the most ridiculous treatment of a person in sports that I have ever witnessed.  He did not lose the game for Chicago.  JMHO!!!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1075038" timestamp="1317937758"]
Watched most of a 2 hr story last night that was mostly on Steve Bartman, the infamous fan who tried to catch what appeared to be a foul ball in game 6 of the 2003 NL series with the Florida Marlins.  It also talked about Bill Buckner.  The name of the program escapes me but it had "Hell" int he title.  I watched that game live.  I will never forget the treatment of Bartman by the fans and their is a lot of behind the scenes info of what happened afterward.  The guy is a total recluse still.  I think it is one of the most tragic stories in sports where someone didn't die.  The Cubs organization and the fans of Chicago should do something to free this guy from his self imposed exile.  It is the most ridiculous treatment of a person in sports that I have ever witnessed.  He did not lose the game for Chicago.  JMHO!!!
[/quote]
GO BARTMAN!!! (I'm a White Sox fan).....FRREEEEEDDDOOOM !! (With my William Wallace voice)

I thought the show did a great job of uncovering how poorly Bartman was treated then and is still treated now.... I'm glad they brought up the fact that right after Bartman interfered, Alex Gonzalez booted a routine double play ball at shortstop, and then the Cubs got hammered in Game 7, which did not include any interference from Steve Bartman....

They delved into a few other stories like Bill Buckner, and I did not know as much about that story as I thought I did... It was ironic to hear him speak a few days prior about how it was the World Series and a player's worst nightmare would be to let a ball go between their legs to lose the Series....

Great documentary by ESPN, one of their best so far....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont