West Hardin vs High Island game - Cancelled

Joharr73

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1065832" timestamp="1316966312"]
Does anyone have an update on how High Island is doing after Friday nights game?

How many players did they dress out?
[/quote]

I am not sure how many they finished with, but a text I got from Coach Jones there appeared to be no major issue with having enough players to finish the game.

And from all indications, they are expecting the folks from Saratoga to be on the beach Friday.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1065860" timestamp="1316968898"]
[I am not sure how many they finished with, but a text I got from Coach Jones [u]there appeared to be no major issue with having enough players to finish the game[/u].

And from all indications, they are expecting the folks from Saratoga to be on the beach Friday.
[/quote]

Great to hear that for our friends in H-I!  8) 8) 8)    Good luck Cards!

Well, folks.  I just got a response to an e-mail I sent from Coach Henry yesterday.  Unfortunately, High Island has cancelled the game with the Oilers this weekend.

West Hardin is going to keep the week open to heal some injuries before they start district next week.

Dang it. :(

Oh well, although it would be exciting to watch them play deweyville, they are probably doing the right thing and letting some guys heal before they start the district race. 

Now I gotta figure out what game to go to Friday night. Lol

Wishing High Island the best. Hoping everything gets better over there.

[quote name="cattail" post="1066483" timestamp="1317042626"]
So basically High Island is only playing teams they feel they can match up with? That sure does make it tough on the other schools in their district. Hope it works out for the kids at High Island.
[/quote]

Hate to agree, but that's what it's looking like right now.  Will they cancel next week against Daisetta?

[quote name="cattail" post="1066483" timestamp="1317042626"]
So basically High Island is only playing teams they feel they can match up with? That sure does make it tough on the other schools in their district. Hope it works out for the kids at High Island.
[/quote]

I don't know that is a conclusion that can be reached.  When you play with as short of a roster as the Cardinals have, your status as to whether you'll be able to take the field is pretty much week to week.

Guest ECBucFan
I certainly understand the frustration of losing a game on short notice, but I think H-I is doing the best they can with the situation. During the hurricane years for example, getting the [i]district games[/i] in was the top priority for all area teams. I have no doubt H-I wants to play. Lets get them through this year and hope for better Card numbers next season and on forward.  8) 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder