Tarkington @ Huffman

Guest beechnut

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1068079" timestamp="1317179519"]
Beech--not jealous, just bored with that conversation.  It has dominated all 22AAA threads.  I congratulate you guys who have teams that will compete for runners up in the district this year.
[/quote]
LOL...If your bored with it, go to another topic!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record I am also a Huffman fan and you can say what you want about us,but I can say this Huffman as a fan base where I have seen the stands full every week and it does not matter if they go 10 and 0 or loose every game the stands are full and croud is behind them. So when we are winning yes we like to boast but I have seen beachnut and some of the others make sure they give props when we do .
Fact is we lost 22 seniors and before the season even started everyone had us wrote off so when we win we will smile and boast abit. I wish Liberty all the best the rest of the season but showing you butt hurt because we won last week is almost as bad as meeting in the middle of the field and showing bad sportsmanship at the end of the game by trying to start a fight....Hmmmm where did I see that..

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="1068178" timestamp="1317215976"]
Is'nt this tread about the Huffman- Tarkington Game??? Did'nt Huffman already beat Liberty?? Sounds to me like both sides need to suck it up and move on! Lots of ball left in season!
[/quote]
If ya could get the clown from talking trash about Huffman, we could absolutely move on. We are danged if we talk about the Tarkington game and danged if we dont! This is the Tarkington/Huffman thread and certain folk thought this topic was stupid and arrogant! Its a HS football game and at any given Friday night, anybody can win! Good luck to both sides!

Guest beechnut
[quote name="Go-rilla" post="1068178" timestamp="1317215976"]
Is'nt this tread about the Huffman- Tarkington Game??? Did'nt Huffman already beat Liberty?? Sounds to me like both sides need to suck it up and move on! Lots of ball left in season!
[/quote]

Ok SUCK IT UP HUFFMAN.  8)

[quote name="beechnut" post="1068063" timestamp="1317178115"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=88794.msg1068062#msg1068062 date=1317177984]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=88794.msg1068053#msg1068053 date=1317177533]
Fanatic I figured you would be at the boston Balt game tonight... What wrong with you son? You should be at the park watching the sox gag.
[/quote]

5 am workouts is what happened lol. I will probably end up going tomorrow tho since my roomate's cousin pitches for bmore and we get free tickets 8)
[/quote]

You like Camden Yard better than Enron? my bad Minute Maid?  :o
[/quote]

Camden is a great ball park, but I like minute maid more. Mm is probably the most unique park in mlb and the atmosphere blows camden away. Even when Houston has a bad year people still go to the games, no one is at the games in bmore.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1068241" timestamp="1317221881"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=88794.msg1068063#msg1068063 date=1317178115]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=88794.msg1068062#msg1068062 date=1317177984]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=88794.msg1068053#msg1068053 date=1317177533]
Fanatic I figured you would be at the boston Balt game tonight... What wrong with you son? You should be at the park watching the sox gag.
[/quote]

5 am workouts is what happened lol. I will probably end up going tomorrow tho since my roomate's cousin pitches for bmore and we get free tickets 8)
[/quote]

You like Camden Yard better than Enron? my bad Minute Maid?  :o
[/quote]

Camden is a great ball park, but I like minute maid more. Mm is probably the most unique park in mlb and the atmosphere blows camden away. Even when Houston has a bad year people still go to the games, no one is at the games in bmore.
[/quote]

I hear at CY they sport the GO BIG RED HUFFMAN ALL THE WAY SHIRTS? What I am talking about.  8)

[quote name="The_Hatch" post="1066424" timestamp="1317020937"]
Nah, you're fine. Every game should have a thread. Regardless of the probable outcome. Everyone is entitled to posting their opinions, predictions, suggestions and updates.
I'll take Huffman by 40. I hope Tarkington plays hard and keeps it close. It takes a lot of character to show up every week, knowing it will probably be a very lopsided contest. I know, I've been there.  Keep your head up guys!! Good luck to both teams!
[/quote]Ditto. Anyone can be happy playing for a winning team. Even the kids that sit the bench can enjoy being a part of a winner. That's still fun.
On the other hand, it takes real determination to go out and practice week after week knowing you are probably going to get pounded. I admire them for sticking it out and believe they will learn some valuable life lessons. I always learned more from my failures than my successes.

On the subject of Huffman's QB. How has Preston been doing? He is a good kid who just didn't fit into BH's offensive scheme.

[quote name="bh15" post="1068438" timestamp="1317239886"]
[quote author=The_Hatch link=topic=88794.msg1066424#msg1066424 date=1317020937]
Nah, you're fine. Every game should have a thread. Regardless of the probable outcome. Everyone is entitled to posting their opinions, predictions, suggestions and updates.
I'll take Huffman by 40. I hope Tarkington plays hard and keeps it close. It takes a lot of character to show up every week, knowing it will probably be a very lopsided contest. I know, I've been there.  Keep your head up guys!! Good luck to both teams!
[/quote]Ditto. Anyone can be happy playing for a winning team. Even the kids that sit the bench can enjoy being a part of a winner. That's still fun.
On the other hand, it takes real determination to go out and practice week after week knowing you are probably going to get pounded. I admire them for sticking it out and believe they will learn some valuable life lessons. I always learned more from my failures than my successes.

On the subject of Huffman's QB. How has Preston been doing? He is a good kid who just didn't fit into BH's offensive scheme.
[/quote]

Today's Chronicle has Preston Townley top of 3A QB's. 83-151, 1028yds, 13tds, 7ints.
And I agree, great kid and great family. Wish him nothing but the best.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="paintballove" post="1065131" timestamp="1316887493"]
not homecoming, next week is .
[/quote]

Homecoming is THIS WEEK bc hit all of the traffic tonite.  8)

To the orginal topic of Tarkington @ Huffman........ Going to be a HUGE homecoming crowd and Huffman is coming off two big time offensive performances. The NEW kids on the block are getting a feel for the offense and the defense has been money most of the season. So, I am giving my prediction because it is a football game and there will be a winner and a loser.
Huffman 50+
Tarkington 7-
IMO its going to be hard for Tarkington to score against Huffman. If they score, it will be like Liberty did once on a busted play. BTW he was down and the whistle should have been blown! LOL..... Good luck to  both teams and an injury free weekend of football.

Huffman -38 hosting Tarkington (Home Comming)

[b]Picked 2nd in District 22-3A[/b] . Huffman Hargrave Falcons 924 Students Coach: Mike McEachern
May have lost QB Cole DeBerry but all of Coach McEachern’s offensive schemes are still in place. Plus he has
one of the largest student bodies in 22 3-A to select replacements from. 2010 record: 9-3 (5-1 district, 2nd place) 22 returning lettermen. Was the highest-scoring offense in our area last year.

[b]Outlook[/b]: Picked as low as 4th until it appeared in pre-season
that Barbers Hill’s transfer QB Preston Townley (DeBerry replacement) was ahead of schedule learning the offense as he rolled up some 380 yards and 5 TD’s passing in their first two games. To go with Townley the Falcons have a slew of receivers, Kade Hardy, Cole Harrell, also running backs Darion Gray and Matias McCloskey out of the backfield catching passes will give the 22-3A teams enough to worry about. When you add the threat of an all purpose back like RB Darion Gray it gives the falcons the tools to make the playoffs . Their 29-20 loss to Coldspring last year at Coldspring made a statement “We can also play football.” Looking forward to Oct 28th when the Trojans travel to Huffman for a rematch with the Falcons.

Achilles heal: Untested defensive and offensive lines protecting QB Townley. Has a negative –69 yards on 10 carries in first three games and his interception/TD ratio may present a problem!

[quote name="bambam33" post="1067745" timestamp="1317154235"]
Must I remind you the game last year with Cold Springs was tight and should have been won by Huffman AND what was the score last year against Silsbee?[/quote]

You'll have to remind us how Huffman should've beat Coldspring last year...Huffman never led and I believe the closest they ever got was 2 points within the last 4 mins or so of the game...Huffman scored late to pull within 2 and then subsequently kicked the ball directly to Sherman Gilbert who returned it about 70 yds for the game clinching TD....

Outside of Kirbyville, I think Huffman was the 2nd best team Coldspring played last year in the regular season (and also better than probably 3 of the teams Coldspring beat in the playoffs) but to say they should've beat Coldspring is a bit of revisionist history at best...

Guest beechnut
[quote name="MEM" post="1070801" timestamp="1317456362"]
[quote author=bambam33 link=topic=88794.msg1067745#msg1067745 date=1317154235]
Must I remind you the game last year with Cold Springs was tight and should have been won by Huffman AND what was the score last year against Silsbee?[/quote]

You'll have to remind us how Huffman should've beat Coldspring last year...Huffman never led and I believe the closest they ever got was 2 points within the last 4 mins or so of the game...Huffman scored late to pull within 2 and then subsequently kicked the ball directly to Sherman Gilbert who returned it about 70 yds for the game clinching TD....

Outside of Kirbyville, I think Huffman was the 2nd best team Coldspring played last year in the regular season (and also better than probably 3 of the teams Coldspring beat in the playoffs) but to say they should've beat Coldspring is a bit of revisionist history at best...
[/quote]

Last year is last year and Huffman better concerny themselves with the games before CS. If they fail to they will be on the outside looking in bc ya they have had some good wins but not we are the toughest district in the state. One week at a time and keep the gap shut bc otherwise will be eating our own DIRTY BIRD. CS has a very good team this year and wish them the beset.  ;D

Guest beechnut
[quote name="ST413" post="1071206" timestamp="1317499970"]
Does anyone from Huffman have the name of the website where pictures from the game will be posted?
[/quote]

What are you talking about?

Guest beechnut
[quote name="ST413" post="1071216" timestamp="1317500361"]
My father in law is from Huffman,  he said there was a photographer at the game last night taking pictures and thinks there is a website you can see them on.  He wants to see as it was his son that was the honorary captain, the Marine.
[/quote]

Dang son why you rooting for Silsbee with ties like that? Cmon

Haha always a Tiger fan as  a matter of fact year before last the younger brother played for the Falcons .  So during the playoff game we had to sit on that side of the field. They all wore their red and had me a shirt. I wore my maroon and received grief through the whole game until the end when I got to get my revenge. ;D

Guest beechnut
[quote name="ST413" post="1071270" timestamp="1317503182"]
Haha always a Tiger fan as  a matter of fact year before last the younger brother played for the Falcons .  So during the playoff game we had to sit on that side of the field. They all wore their red and had me a shirt. I wore my maroon and received grief through the whole game until the end when I got to get my revenge. ;D
[/quote]

Dang your BRAVE pulling that off. LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder