BH Eagles--telling like it is

JS

Congrats to the Eagles. They beat Dayton in all aspects of the game--offense--defense, Dayton was out hustled and out played. BH offense played their ball control style and had the Dayton D exhausted by mid-way in the 4th. BH defense was even more impressive--# 32 is a BEAST. When Dayton got a gift late in the 4th on a turnover, all we needed was a couple of first downs to kick a game winning field goal and steal the game with no time on the clock, the BH defense was having none of it. In all likelihood the Eagles won the District Title last night and I look for them to make a deep run in the play-offs. Congrats again.
I love my Broncos but it is gut-check time now---we will see what we are made of.
And that is how I see it.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1064833" timestamp="1316867990"]
Congrats to the Eagles. They beat Dayton in all aspects of the game--offense--defense, Dayton was out hustled and out played. BH offense played their ball control style and had the Dayton D exhausted by mid-way in the 4th. BH defense was even more impressive--# 32 is a BEAST. When Dayton got a gift late in the 4th on a turnover, all we needed was a couple of first downs to kick a game winning field goal and steal the game with no time on the clock, the BH defense was having none of it. In all likelihood the Eagles won the District Title last night and I look for them to make a deep run in the play-offs. Congrats again.
I love my Broncos but it is gut-check time now---we will see what we are made of.
[/quote] Good post.....

[quote name="octfeb" post="1064977" timestamp="1316878099"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=88780.msg1064833#msg1064833 date=1316867990]
[/quote] Good post.....
[/quote]

All I know is that I'd hate to be a Yellow Jacket next week.  Broncos are gonna be out for vengeance and GP is going to end up on the bad side of a beating.

[/quote]

(APPLAUD BUTTON PRESSED)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1065097" timestamp="1316885108"]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=88780.msg1065047#msg1065047 date=1316883151]
I think Crosby and BH will be a fun game to watch
[/quote] I don't know bout that... Crosby lost to Lee.
[/quote]

I know it may be hard to beleive, but Crosby's coach hates BH worse that all those so called football teams East of the Trinity hate poor ole BH89-2.  I never count out Crosby and I'd have to put GCM in that same catagory.  Lee, well, you just never know.  Beating Crosby has to be a confidence builder. 

As long as we sweep 20-4A, that's what's important. 

Congrats to the Eagles. They beat Dayton in all aspects of the game--offense--defense, Dayton was out hustled and out played. BH offense played their ball control style and had the Dayton D exhausted by mid-way in the 4th. BH defense was even more impressive--# 32 is a BEAST. When [b]Dayton got a gift late in the 4th[/b] on a turnover, all we needed was a couple of first downs to kick a game winning field goal and steal the game with no time on the clock, the BH defense was having none of it. In all likelihood the Eagles won the District Title last night and I look for them to make a deep run in the play-offs. Congrats again.
[/quote] Agree with everything but the gift part. #8 BH reciever got drilled in the ground and most players would of fumbled from that hit.  That wasn't a gift - that was good football ! Funny thing is that #8 made the last TD that sealed the deal for BH.( Heck of an athlete)

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1065683" timestamp="1316923232"]
Congrats to the Eagles. They beat Dayton in all aspects of the game--offense--defense, Dayton was out hustled and out played. BH offense played their ball control style and had the Dayton D exhausted by mid-way in the 4th. BH defense was even more impressive--# 32 is a BEAST. When [b]Dayton got a gift late in the 4th[/b] on a turnover, all we needed was a couple of first downs to kick a game winning field goal and steal the game with no time on the clock, the BH defense was having none of it. In all likelihood the Eagles won the District Title last night and I look for them to make a deep run in the play-offs. Congrats again.
[/quote] Agree with everything but the gift part. #8 BH reciever got drilled in the ground and most players would of fumbled from that hit.  That wasn't a gift - that was good football ! Funny thing is that #8 made the last TD that sealed the deal for BH.( Heck of an athlete)
[/quote]That would be Wade Duke, a running back who just happens to catch passes thrown his way. #32 is Ryan Reuter the only four yr. starter on the team. He has always been a beast. Look for him in D1 next year. Thanks for the post, you are most gracious.

[b]Agree with everything but the gift part. #8 BH reciever got drilled in the ground and most players would of fumbled from that hit.  That wasn't a gift - that was good football ! Funny thing is that #8 made the last TD that sealed the deal for BH.( Heck of an athlete)[/b]

You are correct, The Dayton D earn those late T/Os with agressive play. BH still has to find a way to protect the ball, but I was proud of the way BH overcame adversity late in the game.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1065734" timestamp="1316953411"]
[b]Agree with everything but the gift part. #8 BH reciever got drilled in the ground and most players would of fumbled from that hit.  That wasn't a gift - that was good football ! Funny thing is that #8 made the last TD that sealed the deal for BH.( Heck of an athlete)[/b]

You are correct, The Dayton D earn those late T/Os with agressive play. BH still has to find a way to protect the ball, but I was proud of the way BH overcame adversity late in the game.
[/quote]I will be posting that hit later today.  I had a very good angle.  One of the Bronco defensive linemen came in from the side and just crushed #8.  It was one of the many clean good hits FROM BOTH sides last night.  The BH d-backs really zoned in on many Bronco receivers.  Amazing our receivers actually held on to the ball and the passes were complete.  After watching the video, the Eagles were dropping seven into coverage, the Broncos should have been able to run the ball with only three or four down linemen from the Eagles, but the Eagles d-line did a heck of a job closing in and cutting down the running lanes.  The Eagles forced the Broncos to beat them by running the ball, and when it came down to it, they made enough stops to get the job done.

[quote name="bh15" post="1065696" timestamp="1316925348"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=88780.msg1065683#msg1065683 date=1316923232]
[/quote]That would be Wade Duke, a running back who just happens to catch passes thrown his way. #32 is Ryan Reuter the only four yr. starter on the team. He has always been a beast. Look for him in D1 next year. Thanks for the post, you are most gracious.
[/quote]

Not taking anything away from Reuter he is a heck of a player but, he was also joined on varsity as a freshman with #28 Logan McSwain both are four yr. lettermen.

Nice posts from the Dayton fans.  You guys have consistently had the most impressive football program in this area over the past 10+ years, so this was definitely a big win for us.  There truly is much respect for your success and the efforts of your boys.  I wish you well for the remainder of the season.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1065734" timestamp="1316953411"]

You are correct, The Dayton D earn those late T/Os with[b] agressive play.[/b] BH still has to find a way to protect the ball, but I was proud of the way BH overcame adversity late in the game.
[/quote]
[b] AGGRESSIVE PLAY[/b] SUMS IT UP. BH STARTED FROM THE FIRST WHISTLE AND DAY TRIED TO PLAY 1 QRT.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1065047" timestamp="1316883151"]
I think Crosby and BH will be a fun game to watch
[/quote]

I hope all of them will be, but we have to deal with Lee first. I look forward to watching the game at Stalworth, even though we haven't had a lot of success there I really like that stadium. I preferred the natural grass though.

[quote name="Mr. E" post="1065928" timestamp="1316976113"]
[quote author=bh15 link=topic=88780.msg1065696#msg1065696 date=1316925348]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=88780.msg1065683#msg1065683 date=1316923232]
[/quote]

Not taking anything away from Reuter he is a heck of a player but, he was also joined on varsity as a freshman with #28 Logan McSwain both are four yr. lettermen.
[/quote]My mistake. I stand corrected. McSwain is also the fastest of our linebackers. It is remarkable how good he is after major foot/ankle surgery last year. He hasn't missed a step. While I'm on the subject of speed, which everyone says we have none of, how about those tackles #22 Landon Sarria made behind the line of scrimmage from the safety position. Slow..... I hope all of our opponents keep thinking that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami