Lamar at South Alabama Updates

Why does Bevil continue to start at QB?  He is just not a quality quarterback!  Honestly, I'm beginning to think that Lamar may have made the wrong choice for a head coach.  I dont think the boosters or fans are going to let Woodard continue with losing.  South Alabama hasnt lost a game yet since bringing football back, so whats Woodards excuse?  Coach, you need to actually recruit and not just be a pipeline for Navarro Junior College.  I just cant see what Woodard sees in Bevil!?

Guest trigger21
[quote name="lonestartexan977" post="1054303" timestamp="1315697196"]
Why does Bevil continue to start at QB?  He is just not a quality quarterback!  Honestly, I'm beginning to think that Lamar may have made the wrong choice for a head coach.  I dont think the boosters or fans are going to let Woodard continue with losing.  South Alabama hasnt lost a game yet since bringing football back, so whats Woodards excuse?  Coach, you need to actually recruit and not just be a pipeline for Navarro Junior College.  I just cant see what Woodard sees in Bevil!?
[/quote]

get a job kid

Lamar was out coached. Lamar is too slow to make adjustments if any. USA used the same plays SFA used lasted year. Get a clue Woodard. Your staff is too slow and confused.

Bevil wasn't bad in turnovers or scewups, but a better QB would have did a lot better in those situations.  Bevil is just not a DI QB.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1054355" timestamp="1315700048"]
USA is FBS school with FBS players. They haven't lost a game since starting the program. Big difference in talent level at some spots.
[/quote]Lamar didn't get whipped based on talent. The offense lacked situation plays. For example, Lamar was confused in the play calling when USA rushed. No counter the rush plays.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="WOS95" post="1054434" timestamp="1315702868"]
man all these coaches on here..lamar should just put a laptop on the sideline...and logon to setxsports and let all these coaches on here make all the play calls..just have someone on the sideline relay the plays in..it would save lamar a lot of money  ;D
[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1054355" timestamp="1315700048"]
USA is FBS school with FBS players. They haven't lost a game since starting the program. Big difference in talent level at some spots.
[/quote]

What??!!!!!  Are you serious??  Do you really believe that??  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

[quote name="lonestartexan977" post="1054303" timestamp="1315697196"]
[/quote]

Careful...you aren't allowed to question Lord Woodard on this site.  Of course it makes perfect sense to start Bevil since he was relegated to backup receiver by the end of last year!  Oh, and did you hear his comment about Jacoby Coleman "being a pretty good linebacker"?  Coleman played linebacker for Iowa as a true Freshman and Woodard brought him here and played him as defensive end last year.  He moved him to linebacker (surprise) in the off season and literally acted surprised that he was doing well at that position.  btw, I don't think his recruiting is the issue.  We've got some great recruits...even a couple of them from Navarro can play but he has to realize when it is time to let go. 

[quote name="WOS95" post="1054434" timestamp="1315702868"]
man all these coaches on here..lamar should just put a laptop on the sideline...and logon to setxsports and let all these coaches on here make all the play calls..just have someone on the sideline relay the plays in..it would save lamar a lot of money  ;D
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="trigger21" post="1054320" timestamp="1315698782"]
[quote author=lonestartexan977 link=topic=88041.msg1054303#msg1054303 date=1315697196]
[/quote]

get a job kid
[/quote]

Umm...the kid is dead on.  Maybe you should get a job.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1054323" timestamp="1315698841"]
Lamar was out coached. Lamar is too slow to make adjustments if any. USA used the same plays SFA used lasted year. Get a clue Woodard. Your staff is too slow and confused.

Bevil wasn't bad in turnovers or scewups, but a better QB would have did a lot better in those situations.  Bevil is just not a DI QB.
[/quote]

Correct!

[quote name="UNLV" post="1054429" timestamp="1315702738"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=88041.msg1054355#msg1054355 date=1315700048]
[/quote]Lamar didn't get whipped based on talent. The offense lacked situation plays. For example, Lamar was confused in the play calling when USA rushed. No counter the rush plays.
[/quote]

I don't know what is wrong with me.  First of all, you have a stupid screen name for this site...it should be LU, and secondly, I usually don't agree with much of what you post.  But, again I say....CORRECT!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476