Dayton vs. Angleton Game Thread/Angleton wins

WOSgrad

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1054014" timestamp="1315665701"]
Playing a playoff caliber team is gonna make you that much better in the long run. Sounds like it was a good game, don't know about y'all but I thought the weather was perfect for some Friday night football win or lose it was an awesome night ;)!
[/quote]Was a great football night. Angleton is fast and do have a good ground game. Like i said, we'll get better from this as we always do. Not worried at all. I love Bronco football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1053954" timestamp="1315661592"]
You all do realize that the pooch kick that Angleton caught was not intentional.  The kid mishit the ball and it went off of the side of his foot and straight up.  They got very lucky on that play.
[/quote]

No I did not realize the pooch kick was not intentional. Looked to me like like a well executed on side kick. If what you say is true then yes, very lucky break. Sometimes they go your way...sometimes not.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1054028" timestamp="1315666702"]
[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=88006.msg1053954#msg1053954 date=1315661592]
You all do realize that the pooch kick that Angleton caught was not intentional.  The kid mishit the ball and it went off of the side of his foot and straight up.  They got very lucky on that play.
[/quote]

No I did not realize the pooch kick was not intentional. Looked to me like like a well executed on side kick. If what you say is true then yes, very lucky break. Sometimes they go your way...sometimes not.
[/quote]For it not to be intentional, it was perfect. Went the distance and far enough to catch it on the run. I thought it was a planned onside kick myself.  :o

From where I was sitting expecting them to not risk a return looked to me as kicker approached the ball he was in slow motion.Whatever it went well regardless.Finally we tried 1 ourself and ball was loose and we were all over it but it trickled out of bounds.That's breaks 8)

Reguarding the onsides kick, Angleton's HC admitted in the local paper that it was not called, that the kicker shanked it and Angleton recovered for the lucky break. It looked like the Dayton return team didn't know what to do because no one charged to the ball. One of those breaks you get when the momentum is totally on your side I guess. The Dayton HC did a smart thing and tried to tell the ref that a fare catch was called, even though no signal was called and had the refs even huddle to make sure there wasn't. Good try by the Dayton coaches and they almost pulled it off.
By the way, once that RB #1 gets healthy, he's going to be a load. He looked like he had a limp in his walk, but I guess when they were down early 14-0, coaches felt they needed to try and see he he could make some plays. Sure he wouldn't have played if the circumstances were different. # 15 Mcbride?, he showed some running ability also. He looked winded at the end though and took a big shot on one play and was real slow to get up, but he hung in there.
This was game that both teams needed. Angleton needed to learn how to face adversity and come from behind after blowing out there first 2 opponents. They showed me they have that ability. Dayton has shown that for years, so that was a good come back victory against a team that has been there and done that.

Sounds like this was a heavyweight bout that went down to the wire.  Wish the Broncos could have came out on top....seems like this game could have went either way just like the Hill and Nederland.  Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game...I think we all know that Dayton will be coming out with a vengeance next week...and to be honest I'm glad BH isn't going to be on the receiving end of it.  We'll gladly let yall take your frustration out on Eisenhower while we game plan and heal up over the bi-week  ;D

Nothing to get down about Broncos, a young team getting battle-tested early will only make yall stronger and help yall carry that 19-4A flag deep into the playoffs.  Hope the Broncos and the Eagles get to play each other twice this year!  Congrats to Angleton on beating a SOLID football team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83