Kirbyville vs. Vidor Game Thread...Vidor Wins

WOSgrad

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game Pirates. Defense swarming to the ball. Brentyn Clark looked healthy on his return to fullback with some punishing runs. You could hear the smack on our 5th TD the other end of the bleachers. Kirbyville will do well in their district; Vidor just has too much depth for them to keep up with. The Kats were outta gas by halftime.

Kirbyville put up a good fight and never quit, the 'Kats just had no answer for Vidor's running game.  The Pirates moved up and down the field at will but still hurt themselves with drive-killing fumbles and penalties.  Kirbyville has some offensive power and should continue to improve going into district.  All in all a good clean game played by both teams.

K'Ville was strong in the 1st Qtr... #33 Collins is a BEAST!!! #7 Jacko... BEAST!!! #5 and #3... wow what some talented young men.... big strong fast..... it was a close game til after Halftime.... KVille has nothing to hang their heads about.... the hitting in this game in the 4th qtr was as sharp and bruising as in the opening seconds.... Both teams played good football.... KVille will do pretty good in the 3A ranks.... better keep your eyes on these boys.... I say in 2 weeks they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.... Once they get some confidence and are use to the new coach.... everything will pan out.... Good Luck to the Kville Wildcats in the upcoming season.... much respect!!!

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1053708" timestamp="1315627538"]
K'Ville was strong in the 1st Qtr... #33 Collins is a BEAST!!! #7 Jacko... BEAST!!! #5 and #3... wow what some talented young men.... big strong fast..... it was a close game til after Halftime.... KVille has nothing to hang their heads about.... the hitting in this game in the 4th qtr was as sharp and bruising as in the opening seconds.... Both teams played good football.... KVille will do pretty good in the 3A ranks.... better keep your eyes on these boys.... I say in 2 weeks they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.... Once they get some confidence and are use to the new coach.... everything will pan out.... Good Luck to the Kville Wildcats in the upcoming season.... much respect!!!
[/quote]Very true......When Kville gets it together look out...Some game experience for this young team is gonna make them dangerous come district.They have good size and speed.
        I would not have wanted to be in our locker room at the half!!! We looked like a completely different team in the 2nd half.

Props to Kville. They played their hearts out, even when they were physically exhausted they still had a lot of heart left in them, they never gave up. Congrats to the Pirates for pounding this one out for the win, penalties are still hurting us a 60 yrd. run brought back by a holding call......that's got to stop!!
All in all a good win for the Pirates, 3 and 0 going into district.....can't ask for better than that. From here on is when it really counts.
Go Pirates.... 8)

3 -0 and we beat some decent teams getting there. Texas High and Kirbyville have programs with playoff tradition; BC had most of their team back from last year....Jeff's staff got the boys playing good football. I feel better about this team than the 2009 team....we finally have some SPEED!!! How about Montana Quirante coming in at QB for 3 plays with the fifty yard run for the score!!!  Too bad he's not a twin. We need him at linebacker more than QB.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1053805" timestamp="1315631383"]
3 -0 and we beat some decent teams getting there. Texas High and Kirbyville have programs with playoff tradition; BC had most of their team back from last year....Jeff's staff got the boys playing good football. I feel better about this team than the 2009 team....we finally have some SPEED!!! How about Montana Quirante coming in at QB for 3 plays with the fifty yard run for the score!!!  Too bad he's not a twin. We need him at linebacker more than QB.
[/quote]

This is why these threads crack me up.  ::)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="robanadana" post="1053805" timestamp="1315631383"]
[/quote]

I agree. 23 did a a great job. Mathews is starting to make me a believer in the two QB system. Both QB's have something to bring to the table and its a great system. 23 can run the ball and is hard to bring down and he packs a hit even when running the ball and he's only a junior. 16 knows the offense well and can throw the ball and run the ball as well. Great job pirates. Get ready Nederland...your next!!!

Shout out to all my boys who had an amazing game.
#2 #16 #26 #34 #23 #33 #28

And the rest of the team as well but especially those boys in the trenches. If it wasn't for them those boys wouldn't have the holes to run through
#54 #55 #62 #71 #74 #68

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder