Buna vs. Hamshire-Fannett Game Thread/Buna wins!

WOSgrad

Buna played a strong, physical game again tonight.  Mixing in some smashmouth power running with Williams and the speedy, cutting style of Birch.  Clark to Frasier is becoming a great combo as well.  Outstanding performance tonight on both sides of the ball Coogs.  The defense just kept shutting down the Horns all night long.  HF looks the same as always, great looking athletes, lots of speed, but they are always missing something.  The QB had a great arm, Huff ran and played hard, and Malveaux is huge, but way too many dropped passes for a team running a spread offense.  Keep it going next week Buna with Hemphill.  GO COUGARS!!! 

[quote name="bruno994" post="1053751" timestamp="1315628828"]
Buna played a strong, physical game again tonight.  Mixing in some smashmouth power running with Williams and the speedy, cutting style of Birch.  Clark to Frasier is becoming a great combo as well.  Outstanding performance tonight on both sides of the ball Coogs.  Keep it going next week with Hemphill.
[/quote]

Is Buna going to be the team to beat with Anahuac's qb down? 

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1053760" timestamp="1315629113"]
[quote author=bruno994 link=topic=87997.msg1053751#msg1053751 date=1315628828]
Buna played a strong, physical game again tonight.  Mixing in some smashmouth power running with Williams and the speedy, cutting style of Birch.  Clark to Frasier is becoming a great combo as well.  Outstanding performance tonight on both sides of the ball Coogs.  Keep it going next week with Hemphill.
[/quote]

Is Buna going to be the team to beat with Anahuac's qb down? 
[/quote]
I think Newton is going to be once again the real test.  Don't count out Anahuac yet, still preseason.  EC is going to be scrappy as well.  Still etoo early to see what Kountze has.  The top 4 are going to battle it out once again.  Should be fun just like last year.

[quote name="bruno994" post="1053751" timestamp="1315628828"]
Buna played a strong, physical game again tonight.  Mixing in some smashmouth power running with Williams and the speedy, cutting style of Birch.  Clark to Frasier is becoming a great combo as well.  Outstanding performance tonight on both sides of the ball Coogs.  The defense just kept shutting down the Horns all night long.  HF looks the same as always, great looking athletes, lots of speed, but they are always missing something.  The QB had a great arm, Huff ran and played hard, and Malveaux is huge, but way too many dropped passes for a team running a spread offense.  Keep it going next week Buna with Hemphill.  GO COUGARS!!!
[/quote]
You hit the nail on the head I could not have summed up the game any better. I thought Anahuac would be the team to beat in 2A but after seeing the beat down that HF took, I would have to say that Buna would be my favorite. Buna looks to be good for next year too as they had quite a few JR's & Soph's on the team. All I can say about HF is that at some point in time they have to start improving as they can't continue to play week end and week out like they have the last couple of years. Buna has a great team and I am not taking anything away from them, but HF is better than the 56-21 beat down. Somebody please Duct Tape the ball too #2 hands so he can hold onto the football, as a Soph last year I some what understood but as a Junior he needs to step up and hold onto the ball.  I apologize on behalf of HF nation to all of the Buna fans who had to travel to see what has to be one of the worst performances I have seen HF put out in a while. Good Luck to both teams next week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami