Lamar vs. South Alabama

[quote name="cardinal" post="1051063" timestamp="1315363196"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=87816.msg1051016#msg1051016 date=1315359417]
i think it depends on what ray and whitten decide to do

we try to run and play smashmouth the majority of the time--we lose..we throw it we win..
[/quote]

prewitt starts, we win.  bevil or jj starts, we lose.
[/quote]

[img]http://wiki.urbandead.com/images/4/45/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg[/img]

South Alabama head coach Joey Jones on Lamar:

[i]On Lamar:[/i]

“They are a much-improved ball team. They won 58-0 last week, and they have everyone back on their team. They brought in some really good players on their offensive line, and shored up some things. They’re trying to run the football more. You can tell they have really spent some time on their running game. I thought one of the negatives last year was they were really good throwing the football but didn’t run it as well. I think they knew that, and they have really developed their running game. They will be a much more balanced team offensively. And defensively, they are more athletic especially inside. They have some defensive tackles who are very good football players. They played us really well last year. I thought we had a good day offensively, but we didn’t score much. We need to be able to punch the ball in the end zone more [this year], and our kids are fully aware of that.”

[i]On preparing for an experienced team like Lamar:[/i]

“We really don’t change anything about how we prepare other than we look at our opponent week-to-week. Our kids realize that they [Lamar] will be a much-improved football team. From year one to year two, we became a much better football team and likewise with them. I think they have had our game circled, and our kids realize that as well.”

http://www.usajaguars.com/news/2011/9/5/FB_0905112547.aspx

[quote name="Bobcatfan4life" post="1051664" timestamp="1315442814"]

“They are a much-improved ball team. They won 58-0 last week, and they have everyone back on their team. They brought in some really good players on their offensive line, and shored up some things. They’re trying to run the football more. You can tell they have really spent some time on their running game. I thought one of the negatives last year was they were really good throwing the football but didn’t run it as well. I think they knew that, and they have really developed their running game. They will be a much more balanced team offensively. And defensively, they are more athletic especially inside. They have some defensive tackles who are very good football players. They played us really well last year. I thought we had a good day offensively, but we didn’t score much. We need to be able to punch the ball in the end zone more [this year], and our kids are fully aware of that.”

“We really don’t change anything about how we prepare other than we look at our opponent week-to-week. Our kids realize that they [Lamar] will be a much-improved football team. From year one to year two, we became a much better football team and likewise with them. I think they have had our game circled, and our kids realize that as well.”

[/quote]
Coaches speak.  USA by 21 points!

[quote name="Green Menace" post="1051883" timestamp="1315492528"]
[quote author=Bobcatfan4life link=topic=87816.msg1051664#msg1051664 date=1315442814]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Nice stadium there, Green...judging from the stands..last homecoming game?????? 

[color=red]GO BIG RED!!!!![/color]

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1051990" timestamp="1315506221"]
[quote author=Green Menace link=topic=87816.msg1051883#msg1051883 date=1315492528]
[quote author=Bobcatfan4life link=topic=87816.msg1051664#msg1051664 date=1315442814]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Nice stadium there, Green...judging from the stands..last homecoming game?????? 

[color=red]GO BIG RED!!!!![/color]
[/quote]

Ha, ha!  Funny.  We open the stadium this weekend against the Houston Cougars.  Should be a packed house.

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="Green Menace" post="1051883" timestamp="1315492528"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Houston by 30, UNT 0-2.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami