***SETXsports HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS - WEEK 2***

WOSgrad

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1051710" timestamp="1315448358"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=87793.msg1051699#msg1051699 date=1315446597]
I wish more of the voters would of been at the BC vs Vidor game, maybe another team would of slid into the rankings and BC out.
[/quote]
I wouldn't put BC out just yet. I'm just thinking Vidor, a 2-0 team, deserves to be above PNG, a 1-1 team.
[/quote]
I'm one of the voters and I can honestly say that I had PNG barely hanging on to #13. I had LCM and Vidor ranked high on my list. The way I vote this early in the season is on strength of teams that have played and wins and losses. IMO, the pre-season rankings are just that because the identity of the teams are not always known. It takes several weeks until true tests are compiled from playing games. I was one that had Livingston high for pre-season and then changed once I seen them kind of flutter against Jasper. I had Dayton #2 on my list. Each pollster has his own way. Like I said by mid-season, you will see that the rankings will be a little more true to how the teams are.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1051807" timestamp="1315482967"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=87793.msg1051770#msg1051770 date=1315463976]
I think the pollsters need to head east of the trinity. for a couple games this week.

It's funny at the beginning of the season i say Crosby plays Montgomery/png/dawson everyone says they lose bye 21 per.

But... 2 of those teams have been in the 3rd round of the playoffs 2-3 years in a row!

STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE sheesh.
[/quote]

Before you knock the breath out of yourself by hitting yourself on the chest let me make a few comments.  First of all, you did lose by 21 to MONT and only beat a PNG team that we know nothing about at this point by one point.  PNG has only played a very very weak GP team and Crosby.  Since you did lose by 21 to MONT is it possible that people were actually wrong about PNG but not about Crosby??  Well see against Dawson I guess! 

Id also be willing to be that if this poll was generated from a site that actually was located around Crosby and main the coverage was 19 4A then half the schools wouldnt even be on this list.  Liberty would probably be in the top 5 and Dayton would have a permanant #1 burnt into the server.  I think this site does a pretty good job of including 19 4a and covering a large area west of the Trinity.  Maybe some people should just be happy their name is on the list!
[/quote]

Actually i think that the bias of this poll is indicated through its no actual use of the full area, most the pollsters being the Beaumont and surrounding areas.

Regardless of your statements i'll take a 21 point loss to a 4 deep team vs a 35 point against a one and done or non playoff opponent. The fact that the Cougs scored consistently on Both Dawson/Montgomery is something to be said. Also the Texas City win for PNG helps the cougs case as well. Cougs have lost to 2 3-0 teams, and beat a 2-1 team.

lets look at the record
Montgomery beat Crosby 49-28
beat Spring @ Spring 42-13
and Jones 72-6

Dawson
beat 5a Clear Springs 34-14
beat 5a Oak Ridge 52-20
beat Crosby 56-26

PNG
42-0 vs GP
30-29 loss crosby
41-27 win vs Texas City.

Crosby's Defense needs work but so does everyone's when you play Montgomery and Dawson.

The cougs have scored the most points this season on both Dawson and Montgomery 2 teams that look destined for deep playoff runs.
And beat a quality PNG squad. Also both losses where on the road, with a young team.

Anyone who says the cougs aren't a top 10 squad, come watch them 1x and your mind will be changed.

Also Ryrex no clue what i did to make you crawl out of your hole, but while your out come watch the cougs play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124