San Augustine/West Sabine

jlc2010

both teams coming off of losses. SA lost to a very good alto team. WS  gave up 77 points to hemphill. SA played very hard vs alto but had 6turnovers to none. they will cut the mistakes down. they have 3 good rbs, and if their defense plays better will be tuff as year goes on. WS will not give up 77 points again but i think SA will win this game by 10.

Ok. We'll see Friday night won't we? Last Friday was a fluke and it won't happen two weeks in a row! We'll also see if you all can hold on to the ball, unlike last year (10 fumbles and 2 or 3 int's). And we will also see if yall can stop that one man later on this year. Heard yall's coach has got em goin in the right direction though. Yall didn't exactly beat a powerhouse in Colmesneil, you know.

Guest wssgrad
SA is WS last thing to worry about. Say what you want, but if it's not a district game, SOOO What!!! Anyway, WS is a 1A school whose been kicking some butt against bigger schools. Yea, Twine did his thing, but he could have been stopped! I know Garrison shut him down the week before, so I don't want to hear that crap. WS has work to do on defense, but SA has work to do alltogether. We're not worried about anybody this year.....and yea I know nobody's talking about Lacey's stats from WS, but they were just as good as Twine's. Check them out!!!

[quote name="wssgrad" post="1051916" timestamp="1315497350"]
SA is WS last thing to worry about. Say what you want, but if it's not a district game, SOOO What!!! Anyway, WS is a 1A school whose been kicking some butt against bigger schools. Yea, Twine did his thing, but he could have been stopped! I know Garrison shut him down the week before, so I don't want to hear that crap. WS has work to do on defense, but SA has work to do alltogether. We're not worried about anybody this year.....and yea I know nobody's talking about Lacey's stats from WS, but they were just as good as Twine's. Check them out!!!
[/quote]First of all compared to the yards WS allowed Twine then yes I guess you could say that Garrison shut him down by holding him to 187 yards, secondly Lacey was no where near close to having the yards Twine did.  Lacey had less than 200 rushing yards while Twine had 534.

That is true, but Lacey also had 175 yards passing in addition to that 200 yards rushing and he was in on 5 of our 8 TDs(2 rushing, 3 passing). And don't forget Williams had close to 250 total yards and 3 TDs as well(2 rushing, 1 recieving). Our yards were spread out over 2 or 3 players instead of having one go off. Both QB's had career nights!

Guest wssgrad
That's right!!! Lacey had 5 TD's, and threw three in the air and he didn't have to play alone....anyway......next!!! Jus saying, that non-conference game, and this non-conference game means nothing. WS  wants a REAL TROPHY, so they will take that loss against hemphill and whoever AND while they're excited about that one game and at home during the playoffs WS will be battling for the real hardware!!!

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1051136" timestamp="1315371510"]
Ok. We'll see Friday night won't we? Last Friday was a fluke and it won't happen two weeks in a row! We'll also see if you all can hold on to the ball, unlike last year (10 fumbles and 2 or 3 int's). And we will also see if yall can stop that one man later on this year. Heard yall's coach has got em goin in the right direction though. Yall didn't exactly beat a powerhouse in Colmesneil, you know.
[/quote]

Oh we know....

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1050900" timestamp="1315348823"]
I was on the sidelines last Friday, and from the look in the WS players eyes I would NOT want to be San Augustine this Friday! The defensive performance against Hemphill last week was a fluke for WS. Think the Tigers bounce back at home, but no shutout like last year. I'll say 38-21 WS.
[/quote]
I would not want to be San Augustine. Tigers bounced back. No shut out like last year. How were things on the sidlelines this time?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124