Silsbee at Lumberton Predictions

BADSANTA

Who will win?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Silsbee
    • Lumberton

Once again, Silsbee has the best recieving core out there right now imo. The are fast, strong and faster. Silsbee's O-line hasn't done well against L-town in the recient years but i dont see that being a problem this year. A learning quarterback and a stud running back make them hard to stop. As for defense, good luck running on em. Silsbee by 20.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L.O.V.E. disease:  The terminal disease that Mommy and Daddy or any close family member has about their kids/family member.  Little Johnny is better than so and so.  Little Johnny should be starting in front of so and so.  Little Johnny is the whole reason we are as good as we are.

This is one of the first things that was said at the Under Armour combine in Houston this spring.  L.O.V.E. is the worst plague that can hit a TEAM.  The Team is always more important than the individual/player.    Champions always play as one Team because you can never win with 11 individuals. I believe it was George Teague (Dallas Cowboys) that said it. How true was that statement?

Just thought some people should read that.

Silsbee beat 2 teams that would have lost to our JV.... Don't think this one will be as easy as you may think.  We are re-building but these boys wont quit.  All they need is a win to get them moving in the right direction... perfect time to put a 7th straight beating on the Tigers.  GOOD LUCK RAIDERS!!!!

[quote name="Raider42" post="1051200" timestamp="1315401623"]
Silsbee beat 2 teams that would have lost to our JV.... Don't think this one will be as easy as you may think.  We are re-building but these boys wont quit.  [b]All they need is a win to get them moving in the right direction[/b]... perfect time to put a 7th straight beating on the Tigers.  GOOD LUCK RAIDERS!!!!
[/quote]
Looks like you'll have to wait another week to get back on track then

[quote name="BullCornBubba" post="1051222" timestamp="1315403724"]
Silsbee is VERY strong! and big too. These boys are some of the smartest players i've seen in awhile. Try to run on their D....... I dare you!

28-7 Silsbee WINS
[/quote]Cleveland scored 14 on that D.. you think Lumberton will only score 7. hmmmm.  Guess we will see about that!

[quote name="Raider42" post="1051200" timestamp="1315401623"]
[b]Silsbee beat 2 teams that would have lost to our JV[/b].... Don't think this one will be as easy as you may think.  We are re-building but these boys wont quit.  All they need is a win to get them moving in the right direction... perfect time to put a 7th straight beating on the Tigers.  GOOD LUCK RAIDERS!!!!
[/quote]

That statement alone qualifies you as clueless.  ::) ( I've seen your JV play) ;)

Any post from you here on in would be totally irrelevant.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1051274" timestamp="1315408828"]
[quote author=Raider42 link=topic=87733.msg1051200#msg1051200 date=1315401623]
[b]Silsbee beat 2 teams that would have lost to our JV[/b].... Don't think this one will be as easy as you may think.  We are re-building but these boys wont quit.  All they need is a win to get them moving in the right direction... perfect time to put a 7th straight beating on the Tigers.  GOOD LUCK RAIDERS!!!!
[/quote]

That statement alone qualifies you as clueless.  ::) ( I've seen your JV play) ;)

Any post from you here on in would be totally irrelevant.
[/quote]lol... you got me!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1051281" timestamp="1315409159"]
Lumberton will play Silsbee well! If for some reason Lumberton wins I wouldn't be shocked but don't expect it. Silsbee has played weak teams and dominated them. I honestly don't think Lumberton would have beat Cleveland. Tigers 34-23.
[/quote]

;D ;)

[quote name="BullCornBubba" post="1050832" timestamp="1315343310"]
L.O.V.E. disease:  The terminal disease that Mommy and Daddy or any close family member has about their kids/family member.  Little Johnny is better than so and so.  Little Johnny should be starting in front of so and so.  Little Johnny is the whole reason we are as good as we are.

This is one of the first things that was said at the Under Armour combine in Houston this spring.  L.O.V.E. is the worst plague that can hit a TEAM.  The Team is always more important than the individual/player.    Champions always play as one Team because you can never win with 11 individuals. I believe it was George Teague (Dallas Cowboys) that said it. How true was that statement?

Just thought some people should read that.
[/quote]
Nope....lets talk about me.  I love me some me!

[quote name="Raider42" post="1051272" timestamp="1315408455"]
[quote author=BullCornBubba link=topic=87733.msg1051222#msg1051222 date=1315403724]
Silsbee is VERY strong! and big too. These boys are some of the smartest players i've seen in awhile. Try to run on their D....... I dare you!

28-7 Silsbee WINS
[/quote]Cleveland scored 14 on that D.. you think Lumberton will only score 7. hmmmm.  Guess we will see about that!
[/quote]
ok ok ill MAYBE give those little bitty teensy weensy cute little Raiders 14.  ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1049504" timestamp="1315179308"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=87733.msg1049418#msg1049418 date=1315170356]
Aggie what's the all-time Silsbee vs Lumberton record?
[/quote]

Here is the all time series between Lumberton and Silsbee:

Year                  Score                    Winner                  Record

'78                  42-0                      Silsbee                  1-0
'79                    32-12                    Silsbee                  2-0
'80                  48-0                      Silsbee                  3-0
'81                  13-0                      Silsbee                  4-0
'82                    42-0                      Silsbee                  5-0
'83                    28-6                      Silsbee                  6-0
'84                    22-19                  Lumberton              6-1
'85                  22-19                    Silsbee                  7-1
'86                  28-8                      Silsbee                  8-1
'87                  56-0                      Silsbee                  9-1
'88                  40-9                      Silsbee                  10-1
'89                  22-0                      Silsbee                  11-1
'92                  41-10                    Silsbee                  12-1
'93                  56-17                      Silsbee                  13-1
'98                  28-0                        Silsbee                  14-1
'99                  25-0                        Silsbee                    15-1
'00                  27-0                      Lumberton              15-2
'01                  34-14                    Lumberton              15-3
'02                  18-16                    Lumberton              15-4
'03                  24-16                    Lumberton              15-5
'09                  20-14                    Lumberton              15-6
'10                  21-14                    Lumberton              15-7

Silsbee won 15 of the first 16 meetings, averaging winning those 15 by a 34-6 margin. Lumberton currently has a 6 game win streak over the Tigers, with the average score being 24-12. There have been 9 shut outs in this series, with Silsbee getting 8 of them.
[/quote]

I was at the first game that Silsbee lost to Lumberton.  Joey Breaux kicked a 50+ yard field goal to give Lumberton the lead.  After the game, fans rushed the field and the goal post was torn down at one end of the field.

Silsbee is off to a good start but don't let Lumberton's 0-2 record fool you.  They played BH tough until they had a couple break downs in the secondary in the second half.  They aren't the most talented team but they play hard and play to the final buzzer.  I think this one will be a lot closer than most think.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83