Attack on ref

westend1

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1046489" timestamp="1314933030"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=87553.msg1046442#msg1046442 date=1314929369]
Its simple...Prison time for any coach involved. Anything less would be a joke.
[/quote]

I agree and for the kid that tackled him he should be suspened from football for the rest of this year and the next.
[/quote]

If that was my son he wouldn't have to worry about being suspended.  He wouldn't have made it to the car!

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1046494" timestamp="1314933249"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=87553.msg1046489#msg1046489 date=1314933030]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=87553.msg1046442#msg1046442 date=1314929369]
[/quote]

I agree and for the kid that tackled him he should be suspened from football for the rest of this year and the next.
[/quote]

If that was my son he wouldn't have to worry about being suspended.  He wouldn't have made it to the car!
[/quote]

I agree with that as well, my kid would not be sitting for a while.  As for the players and coaches who attacked the ref, suspended for the rest of the year or just basically banned from playing sports all together.  No room for that all.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="TAMU" post="1046511" timestamp="1314934698"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=87553.msg1046494#msg1046494 date=1314933249]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with that as well, my kid would not be sitting for a while.  As for the players and coaches who attacked the ref, suspended for the rest of the year or just basically banned from playing sports all together.  No room for that all.
[/quote]
It was a little league thing i'd say ban him from the park for good. Don't let that kid touch the football till he hits high school and thats even if the high school coach lets him play. And as for the coaches who started the whole thing i understand standing up for your team when you think a bad call is made but this is taking it beyond too far. The coach who started this should be banned also from the football league. No guys to sets an example like that should be a in a leadership position.

Every generation, we are getting less and less respect and it all starts at home. Parents do not teach or demand respect for adults, alot of the young parents have little or no respect for others. So what do we expect, no one is held accountable anymore. Not many butts getting tore up at the home, God has been erased from most homes and everyday life. These kids live for reality tv, where it's ok to be a loser and get paid for it. Coaches like this ruin, the greatest sport ever. Sorry for the rambling on, but stuff like this gets old.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1046494" timestamp="1314933249"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Likewise with my kids, they would've never made it to the car.

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1046602" timestamp="1314969507"]
Every generation, we are getting less and less respect and it all starts at home. Parents do not teach or demand respect for adults, alot of the young parents have little or no respect for others. So what do we expect, no one is held accountable anymore. Not many butts getting tore up at the home, God has been erased from most homes and everyday life. These kids live for reality tv, where it's ok to be a loser and get paid for it. Coaches like this ruin, the greatest sport ever. Sorry for the rambling on, but stuff like this gets old.
[/quote]True!

That coach should be banned from ever stepping on a football field again. When I was a referee in the Beaumont Chapter that league would not have been able to get anymore refs from chapter, either. I agree with one of the other guys on here, that the kid should be done till he gets to high school. As a teacher/coach I have seen the younger generation's respect for adults, or anything for that matter, take a steady decline from year to year. These kids have no fear of reprocusions from anybody. If people like these coaches are mentoring our kids before they get to Jr. High or High School it's no wonder they have no respect for anything.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1046621" timestamp="1314970614"]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=87553.msg1046602#msg1046602 date=1314969507]
[/quote]True!
[/quote]Agreed, great line from Jamey Johnson song " daddy's quit stayin and mommas quit prayin"

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1046602" timestamp="1314969507"]
[/quote]

I like what your saying here!!!

We all know that the foundation starts at home but I've always been a believer in humiliation as punishment.  That referee was humiliated while working, so, I say the Judge comes up with some type of humiliation punishment for all that were involved.  Find out where the adults are employed and get their employers involved, show them the video.  Have them stand out in front of their job with a big sign with their name/reason why on it.  The punishments are endless.  Ultimately once those punishments are met then ban them from the league, no questions asked.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1046857" timestamp="1314981967"]
We all know that the foundation starts at home but I've always been a believer in humiliation as punishment.  That referee was humiliated while working, so, I say the Judge comes up with some type of humiliation punishment for all that were involved.  Find out where the adults are employed and get their employers involved, show them the video.  Have them stand out in front of their job with a big sign with their name/reason why on it.  The punishments are endless.  Ultimately once those punishments are met then ban them from the league, no questions asked.
[/quote]

No...........Prison

Pathetic....The kids have no chance in life if that's what their role models are like. These coaches and parents need to take a long hard look at themselves. Thank goodness my son played youth football coached by real men, I understand the raw emotion of the game of football but....... come on man. Is it getting to the point were you have to have an off duty cop at Pop Warner games now?

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1046638" timestamp="1314971124"]
That coach should be banned from ever stepping on a football field again. When I was a referee in the Beaumont Chapter that league would not have been able to get anymore refs from chapter, either. I agree with one of the other guys on here, that the kid should be done till he gets to high school. As a teacher/coach I have seen the younger generation's respect for adults, or anything for that matter, take a steady decline from year to year. These kids have no fear of reprocusions from anybody. If people like these coaches are mentoring our kids before they get to Jr. High or High School it's no wonder they have no respect for anything.
[/quote]

felony assault for anyone who participated.....what is a real shame is the high fives as though they're proud of it...I agree on the kids need some a$$ woopin!!!!

Pathetic...I agree, felony and punish to the full extent of the law...cold day in you know where before any involved would be allowed anywhere near my league...most of us have coached and had substantial disagreements with officials, but when you take it to that level, you lose the only thing that seperates humans from animals and that is the ability to CONTROL YOURSELF!!!  this really is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen...wow!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn