#3 Brenham @ Lamar Consolidated/Cubs win! Cubs win!

[quote name="liltex" post="1046459" timestamp="1314930581"]
Brenham O must have struggled a tad w/FNF #5 team in 23-4a PM me Justin 8)
[/quote]

The Brenham defense didn't let the Mustangs get past their own 40.  They got their points by kicking a 46yd FG after Brenham muffed a punt.  Same as last year, except we missed 2 PAT's this year, so it was 26-3 instead of 28-3.  Overall, dominating performance by the Cubs, especially the defense.  Our offense could have done a little bit better, but it's early.  Like the first game, we had way too many penalties. (dumb ones at that)

Up next, Houston Lamar...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1046471" timestamp="1314932149"]
Bobby, I think their kicker is better than Dayton's.  One of the best HS kickers I've seen.
[/quote]

Nah....but they're pretty close ;).  Can't go wrong with either of them.  Like what's better a porche or a ferrarri...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1046468" timestamp="1314931817"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=87535.msg1046459#msg1046459 date=1314930581]
Brenham O must have struggled a tad w/FNF #5 team in 23-4a PM me Justin 8)
[/quote]

The Brenham defense didn't let the Mustangs get past their own 40.  They got their points by kicking a 46yd FG after Brenham muffed a punt.  Same as last year, except we missed 2 PAT's this year, so it was 26-3 instead of 28-3.  Overall, dominating performance by the Cubs, especially the defense.  Our offense could have done a little bit better, but it's early.  Like the first game, we had way too many penalties. (dumb ones at that)

Up next, Houston Lamar...
[/quote]

Brenham D is absolutely STOUT.  Offense is a little behind the defense but the talent is there at the skill positions.  QB is Joe Montana accurate and pretty good decision maker...arm strength is so so.  O-Line solid....next time I'm not bringing the kids to hang all over everyone and sword fight with soda bottles.  Pretty deserving of their ranking though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476