Lumberton@Barbers Hill.........

This should be a better test for the Eagles but I think they pull it out at home.  This one might be closer than everyone thinks though....

Eagles D is athletic and experienced and I look for more of the same this week.  Hopefully both sides can stay healthy.

Barbers Hill 20
Lumberton  10

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1043635" timestamp="1314583320"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=87322.msg1043473#msg1043473 date=1314568126]
The gentleman that Lumberton is they will let us win on our new field by 21 ;D I think Lumberton has beat BH the last two meetings (Maybe 3)with all of them being pretty close. This year it looks like Lumbertion is in a rebuilding year while BH has rebuilt and looking very good. Goodluck to the Raiders and hope you guys enjoy our new field, concessions and Vistor stands! I know you guys travel pretty well, so we will get a look to see if our stands are big enough yet :D
[/quote]Are your new visitor stands bigger than Dayton's visitors stands ? ( will your sisters have their dental work completed by the Dayton game ) ;D
[/quote]
Not sure if they are, but most things are BIGGER in BH than at Dayton,  well except for the women ;D

Hey hold up a minute! I just went an looked at Lumbertons stats from the Jasper game and they actually didn't do that bad. They had 20 more total yards than Jasper, but it looks like they couldn't hold on to the rock! 7 fumbles losing 3 of those along with 7 Penalties! I think Lumberton will be a much better team the Santa Fe was, so this could be closer than what i thought :-X

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1043816" timestamp="1314624234"]
Hey hold up a minute! I just went an looked at Lumbertons stats from the Jasper game and they actually didn't do that bad. They had 20 more total yards than Jasper, but it looks like they couldn't hold on to the rock! 7 fumbles losing 3 of those along with 7 Penalties! I think Lumberton will be a much better team the Santa Fe was, so this could be closer than what i thought :-X
[/quote]

Stats can be very misleading.  Our stats are always way worse than 20-4A teams. (doesn't mean were worse though.)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1043965" timestamp="1314635663"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=87322.msg1043816#msg1043816 date=1314624234]
[/quote]

Stats can be very misleading.  Our stats are always way worse than 20-4A teams. (doesn't mean were worse though.)
[/quote]
Very true  ;)

Starting out the first 35 seconds of the Jasper game down by 14 would be hard for any team to recover from.  The Raiders continued to shoot themselves in the foot by putting the ball on the ground.  I expect Lumberton to correct some costly mistakes and come out ready to play.  This will not be a blow out!!!!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1043816" timestamp="1314624234"]
[/quote]
Nope they will not be any better....truth is both Santa Fe and Lumberton are down (Not sure Santa Fe has ever been "up").  BH wins this one easy 3rd string in midway thru the 3rd quarter.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Mr. Blitz" post="1044426" timestamp="1314670978"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=87322.msg1044256#msg1044256 date=1314659368]
34 BH
28 Lumberton
[/quote]

Lumberton won't be putting up 28 points on BH unless their defense scores at least half of those.....
[/quote] Could happen... That will depend some on the mentality of BH. Could they have a big head after the win against Santa Fe? Not allowing Santa Fe to score. Being mentally ready is as important as being physically ready. IMO... ;)

BH Fans - There is a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new field planned (weather permitting) right before kick-off, so get there in time to see that! Pretty impressive that the bond was passed in May and the work completed before the first game.

BH 28
Lum 14

[quote name="octfeb" post="1044666" timestamp="1314712223"]
[quote author=Mr. Blitz link=topic=87322.msg1044426#msg1044426 date=1314670978]
34 BH
28 Lumberton
[/quote]

Lumberton won't be putting up 28 points on BH unless their defense scores at least half of those.....
[/quote] Could happen... That will depend some on the mentality of BH. Could they have a big head after the win against Santa Fe? Not allowing Santa Fe to score. Being mentally ready is as important as being physically ready. IMO... ;)
[/quote]

That is very true octfeb....but at the same time I think there were some confidence issues last year.  Once a Defense develops that swagger and they believe they can hit you in the mouth all night and shut you out.....then the entire level of play rises.  I guess we'll just have to see which scenario plays out!  ;D 

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1044679" timestamp="1314713351"]
BH Fans - There is a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new field planned (weather permitting) right before kick-off, so get there in time to see that! Pretty impressive that the bond was passed in May and the work completed before the first game.

BH 28
Lum 14
[/quote]

Cool ! I also heard that there will be a nut cutting ceremony on 9/23 where a purple horse will be castrated directly after the game ;D

(BHFAN cast the line to catch one of those lurking Bronco's  8) Come on bite! ;D

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Mr. Blitz" post="1044775" timestamp="1314719175"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=87322.msg1044666#msg1044666 date=1314712223]
[quote author=Mr. Blitz link=topic=87322.msg1044426#msg1044426 date=1314670978]
34 BH
28 Lumberton
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is very true octfeb....but at the same time I think there were some confidence issues last year.  Once a Defense develops that swagger and they believe they can hit you in the mouth all night and shut you out.....then the entire level of play rises.  I guess we'll just have to see which scenario plays out!  ;D
[/quote] Oh I am sure there were some confidence issues last year... trying to learn a new program.. get comfortable with a new HC.... Learning how to run through a tunnel LOL JK on that one but had to throw it in there.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1044809" timestamp="1314722006"]
I just notice that Dayton has a bye this week! How many of you Dayton folks are going to come watch this game? and will you sit on the BH side or Lumberton side? I don' think you like either of us ;D
[/quote]It's not the team @ BH we don't like.. it's the majority of the fans.. we don't like... And if I come I will sit on the BH side.. so I can pretend to be snooty and blend in ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami