Silsbee 27 Splendora 25 Final/Comments

Splendora came to play and those guys were very impressive. Many times the play was already over before I knew who had the ball--great job of misdirecting the defense (and the fans in the bleachers). I had fun watching the game and although I am glad my team won, I am sorry the Wildcats had to lose after playing like they did. Congrats Splendora! Thanks for waking those Silsbee Tigers up and helping them realize that in the playoffs there are no sure things and no team can be overlooked.

Go Tigers!! We are behind you all the way!!!!! :D

Splendora's record was quite deceiving. If I'm not mistaken, they lost 4 out of the first 5 games they played, all the while learning a new offense. They obviously learned it well by the time they played us, because they pushed us all over the field. They are a well coached, disciplined team. If you look at the box score, you'll see that they had no penalties, which speaks well of their discipline. Those young men played their hearts out, and deserve the respect of every team in the area. I'm just glad we don't have to play them again this year.

Having said that, I am very proud of our Tigers. This is a special group of young men.

The offense Splendora ran was not learned over a few weeks.

It is the same slot T offense they have run for years and was always successful with.

In the past few years it has been tweeked to do other things.

Congrats to HC Nelson and OC Butler to going back to what they do best that fits their kids.

When this offense is clicking, it is tough to defense.

8 hole reverse is a b----h to defend.

When this offense is clicking' date=' it is tough to defense.[/quote']

Tell me about it!! They did a good job of hiding the ball. I couldn't tell from the stands who had it. Looks much like the offense that Livingston ran against us a couple of years ago. We had trouble with them, too.

Sorry, I was told it was a new system for them. So was it the same offense with a few new wrinkles?

BTW whoever said it was a weak district had obviously not seen Splendora and Coldspring play when they were clicking, or at least they didn't see what I saw.

tiger wrote:

Its funny how the fans determine if a game should be close or not. Sometimes teams match up and sometimes they don't. Just ask Rutgers or LSU.....they were supposed to have blowout wins and one had a blowout loss and the other won in overtime. Its hard to get wins now a days on any level.....Appreciate a win for what it is.......A WIN! I can assure you that the Tiger players and coaches knew this one would be a tough one!

Anyone with any sense at all knows that the fans don't determine anything about the outcome of a football game. This can only be determined by the players and coaches of said game. I find it funny though that you would use the word Determine. Because Determination is exactly what I saw in Splendora Friday night. Silsbee was bigger, stronger, and faster than Splendora, but the Wildcats were determined to execute a flawless game, and except for the last 3 minutes of the game (fumble, and missed field goal) I would say they did. The WIN that we both appreciate so much could have just as easily been a loss. The Tigers made far to many mistakes. I am very proud of the Silsbee Tigers every year. WIN or LOSE!!!, but I'm not one to make excuses like " sometimes teams match up ". That's not what I saw as a FAN, and if you read a few other post here I think you will see that alot of other FANS at the game felt the same way.

As far wins being hard to come by: Just ask Hooks or Barbay, I think they might say teams with talent that are well prepared expect to win!!!

Congrats to Silsbee for the win. Congrats to Splendora for playing their BUTTS off! Great game.

FYI- The Splendora offense is the same offense they have been running for nearly 20 years but with a new head coach. Great job by the new head coach of recognizing that this offense is what fits the kind of kids they have!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder