Lumberton vs. Jasper Game Thread/Jasper wins!

EKURU

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1042216" timestamp="1314416610"]
I hate the new  offense because too many teams in our district are running similar offenses. This crap will not fly in district play , all the 20-4A will see us coming .We're doomed
[/quote]
What kind of offense are yall running?

Raidernaytion, how do you like your crow? Roll Ltrain, this was over before it started, and all those other comments yall made. ?????

They better give #9 for Lumberton a break or he wont be there in district. And no, that offense will not get yall very far. Not because the offense is that bad, but because your defense won't be able to stop good runners. Your offense needs to score 25-35 a game. Wont happen

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="1042329" timestamp="1314421006"]
Raidernaytion, how do you like your crow? Roll Ltrain, this was over before it started, and all those other comments yall made. ?????

They better give #9 for Lumberton a break or he wont be there in district. And no, that offense will not get yall very far. Not because the offense is that bad, but because your defense won't be able to stop good runners. Your offense needs to score 25-35 a game. Wont happen
[/quote]

Dude. We won TWO games last year. There's a lot more to do before we can talk noise to anybody. It was a good win, but that's all it was. JUST ONE WIN. Let's focus on Livingston now. They're a good football team and the Dawgs need to be ready...

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="1042329" timestamp="1314421006"]

[/quote]

I'll take my crow with Louisiana hot sauce and tonys'

[quote name="BBHS83" post="1042304" timestamp="1314419664"]
Jasper played a very good game. They are a team to watch this year. Lumberton kids payed hard but they were out coached.
[/quote]

Yeah they were out coached , I liked our offense before. I'm not going to another game until we start throwing the ball again . Yea , We ran the ball alright but now there is game film on us . The coach is acting like he has no confidence in this team. He went to that offense to keep the losses respectable for us. That my friends is giving up on your players

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1042367" timestamp="1314424853"]
[quote author=BBHS83 link=topic=87185.msg1042304#msg1042304 date=1314419664]
Jasper played a very good game. They are a team to watch this year. Lumberton kids payed hard but they were out coached.
[/quote]

Yeah they were out coached , I liked our offense before. I'm not going to another game until we start throwing the ball again . Yea , We ran the ball alright but now there is game film on us . The coach is acting like he has no confidence in this team. He went to that offense to keep the losses respectable for us. That my friends is giving up on your players
[/quote]
Those are some pretty big accusations my friend. Not trying to back him up or anything cuz i don't even know the guy but those are some big words.

I am a Ltown supporter, graduated from LHS, was employed by LISD, and love to go to games...I'm tellin you, were in trouble this year, there are so many guys playing positions simply bc they are the best 'fit' for what we have, not because they are qualified. I really don't expect much this year considering the district were in. A little bit disappointed in the approach as well, the offense seems like a roll over move and seems destined to fail. Its a clock controlling offense, and almost seems like Credeur just wants to eat up clock to minimize pain of losses....yes we had large sucess in similar sets, but with Hussey, Hanna, and Beard at the helm. Such talents no longer exist in Lumberton with the exception of Pace. The sucessful, clock controlling offenses of the past in Ltown were backed by Defense...(Murrill, Hanna, Beard) and excellent o-line play (Howden, Gillam) all at LU now seeing significant PT. We just don't have it anymore.

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1042363" timestamp="1314424392"]
[quote author=Jbdfan link=topic=87185.msg1042329#msg1042329 date=1314421006]

[/quote]

Dude. We won TWO games last year. There's a lot more to do before we can talk noise to anybody. It was a good win, but that's all it was. JUST ONE WIN. Let's focus on Livingston now. They're a good football team and the Dawgs need to be ready...
[/quote]

yall will not win against Livingston.

[quote name="Daytonfan" post="1042411" timestamp="1314444098"]
[quote author=Bulldog92 link=topic=87185.msg1042363#msg1042363 date=1314424392]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yall will not win against Livingston.
[/quote]

Good thing it is predistrict.  Livingston  has been big and strong the last few years.  This will be a good measuring stick to see how far we truly have come.

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1042367" timestamp="1314424853"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That, my friend, is not giving up. That is smart coaching. If you know you don't have the talent and athletic players you used to have then you go to a slower, more ball controlled type offense. It minimizes the time your opponent has to score. Any moron knows this. Would you rather spread it out, sling the ball around and have 3 and outs? Using up 20 seconds a possesion!!! Whatever your job is stick to it! You would su*k at coaching! Pay your $5 to get into the game, cheer on the team and Coach Credeur! It was he and your talented athletes that got Raider fans excited about going back to games again on Friday night. Also, it's just the first game!!! Relax, I think Coach C has earned a little support in L-town. Be patient. Good Luck Raider fans. I hope y'all win the rest of your games....except on Oct.21!!!!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="EX-Ceauxch" post="1042537" timestamp="1314458970"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=87185.msg1042367#msg1042367 date=1314424853]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That, my friend, is not giving up. That is smart coaching. If you know you don't have the talent and athletic players you used to have then you go to a slower, more ball controlled type offense. It minimizes the time your opponent has to score. Any moron knows this. Would you rather spread it out, sling the ball around and have 3 and outs? Using up 20 seconds a possesion!!! Whatever your job is stick to it! You would su*k at coaching! Pay your $5 to get into the game, cheer on the team and Coach Credeur! It was he and your talented athletes that got Raider fans excited about going back to games again on Friday night. Also, it's just the first game!!! Relax, I think Coach C has earned a little support in L-town. Be patient. Good Luck Raider fans. I hope y'all win the rest of your games....except on Oct.21!!!!
[/quote]
Amen. Well said.

[quote name="bojangles" post="1042410" timestamp="1314443853"]
I am a Ltown supporter, graduated from LHS, was employed by LISD, and love to go to games...I'm tellin you, were in trouble this year, there are so many guys playing positions simply bc they are the best 'fit' for what we have, not because they are qualified. I really don't expect much this year considering the district were in. A little bit disappointed in the approach as well, the offense seems like a roll over move and seems destined to fail. Its a clock controlling offense, and almost seems like Credeur just wants to eat up clock to minimize pain of losses....yes we had large sucess in similar sets, but with Hussey, Hanna, and Beard at the helm. Such talents no longer exist in Lumberton with the exception of Pace. The sucessful, clock controlling offenses of the past in Ltown were backed by Defense...(Murrill, Hanna, Beard) and excellent o-line play (Howden, Gillam) all at LU now seeing significant PT. We just don't have it anymore.
[/quote]

Were you at the same game as me? The quarterback from lumberton looks to pretty athletic to Me and that #9 . I didnt hear pace called to much. Jasper put up 14 quick and not just because they are athletic. Lumberton had some stupid errors they need to correct and all the fumbling. But for them to come back and make it a game shows some hope. It's pretty much a new offense for everyone there apparently give it some time and then make a judgement. But jasper looks good they'll do good in their district Congrats on the win

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1042363" timestamp="1314424392"]

[/quote]

DUDE! Look at what I said. I was not and am not talking trash to anyone else or any other team, but rather was making a statement to Raidernaytion only. Not you or anyone else or about any other team. I did not say that we would win any other games this year nor did I say anything related to the rest of our season.

I was simply and only responding to the trash talk of a couple of Raider fans that knew they were going to win. Thanks for your concern.

[/quote]

Raider fans that knock your team: perhaps, maybe, just maybe, Jasper is a whole lot better than you gave them credit for?  After a few more games we will begin to see the relative strengths of all the teams.  It is too soon to get down on your team.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1042795" timestamp="1314486275"]
Raider fans that knock your team: perhaps, maybe, just maybe, Jasper is a whole lot better than you gave them credit for? 
[/quote]

Ah, come on now JDog, that can't be what it is....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Yall gonna need that "Lucky" shirt this year?

Not the way that we hoped to start the season but, if you look back at the last 2 years. . . Winning non district games didn't get us very far in district play.  Lets correct the mental mistakes, eliminate turn overs and see if we can improve each week.  ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. !!!!!!!  Get back on track boys!

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1043028" timestamp="1314499182"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=87185.msg1042795#msg1042795 date=1314486275]
Raider fans that knock your team: perhaps, maybe, just maybe, Jasper is a whole lot better than you gave them credit for? 
[/quote]

Ah, come on now JDog, that can't be what it is....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Yall gonna need that "Lucky" shirt this year?
[/quote]
come on over!  we will take all the luck we can get! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder