Baytown Sterling vs Baytown Lee

LP0175

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="LP0175" post="1039225" timestamp="1313987809"]
New staff at Sterling. I think they will have a better system and a vote of confidence from the players. I see sterling winning a close low scoring game. 13-9
[/quote]

Lee will not hold anyone to 13 points. 

RSS was not impressive against Rayburn. This one will be close and I would not be suprised if Lee won in a high scoring game.  My heart says Rangers win 35-34.

hopefully the staff for sterling puts some type of defense in...anything...like one that can stop a team for one play would be better than what they had last year....their offense wasn't too bad last year but the defense was one of the worst i have ever seen, if they can get a semi-decent defense then they may be able to challenge for that 4th playoff spot in district, which isn't saying much but it would be an improvement....

i dunno what lee has but from what i have read it should be a high scoring game...Sterling probably has the players to pull away late since Lee will have several playing both ways...

did you see the scrimmage or just what you heard btw ?

[quote name="UHCoog44" post="1039316" timestamp="1314026667"]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=87005.msg1039225#msg1039225 date=1313987809]
New staff at Sterling. I think they will have a better system and a vote of confidence from the players. I see sterling winning a close low scoring game. 13-9
[/quote]

Lee will not hold anyone to 13 points. 

RSS was not impressive against Rayburn. This one will be close and I would not be suprised if Lee won in a high scoring game.  My heart says Rangers win 35-34.
[/quote]

Guest UHCoog14
Lee basically had the  same skill players last year and won 1 game. This year they are missing the two D1 linemen that graduated.  I just do not see them  lighting up the scoreboard in 19-4a.

The two linemen were year before last.  Landry and zellars were out for the most part last year with injuries.  They are all a year older too so of course thatmakes.a difference. 

They have a future college qb and three future college receivers so if coach cant get something going from that then  maybe iys time for a new coach

[quote name="UHCoog44" post="1039565" timestamp="1314064417"]
Lee basically had the  same skill players last year and won 1 game. This year they are missing the two D1 linemen that graduated.  I just do not see them  lighting up the scoreboard in 19-4a.
[/quote]
There is one big difference they have a QB that can read.

BigD, good to see you around.
I can only imagine what Olin would be able to do with the offensive skill position talent that Lee has this year.  It fairs favorably to the 1997 Ell Roberson offense.  The receivers are even better this year than that.
In year's past, when Drew Tate and Jeremy Moses were there, they had at least serviceable defenses.  Not great, not even average, but serviceable.

This year..... I don't see how they will stop anyone at all for more than 5 or 6 plays.
I hope to be proven wrong.  None of these guys would likely start on any of Olin's defenses.

I agree that Lee has offensive weapons but it probably will not be enough to get them a winning record. Hope I am wrong as I have always enjoyed watching them. Just not enough horses, imo. Will have to play their stars both ways to compete and over 4 qtrs they will wear down. Good Luck!

Sterling 20
Lee      17

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder