Lamar QBs will be on the run Saturday/Scrimmage comments

Bevil started the first two series, going three and out and then leading them on a 8 play 55 yard touchdown drive finished by a 4 yard TD pass to Ford.

Prewitt first series, picked up 1 first down then failed to get a first on 4th down resulting in turn over on downs. His second series, moved the offense from their own 30 to the opponent 35 but was taken out due to having his bell rung a couple of times, never came back on the field.

JJ took over and in two plays completed a 30 yard TD pass to Hayes.

JJ's first series, got one first down, then punt. Second series, moved the ball down to 25 yard line, drive stalled but FG made.

Bevil was 3-6 passing, 26 yards and a TD. He also rushed 2 times for 12 yards.

Prewitt was 2-3 passing, 34 yards. He rushed 2 times for 14 yards, sacked twice.

JJ was 7-10 passing, 80 yards and a TD. He rushed three times for 12 yards, was sacked once.

Offense scored 2 TD's and made two FG's.

I think it's time for Woodard to name a starter at QB and let that player get as many reps as he can with first team. Right now, based on the practices and scrimmages that I have seen, it should be Bevil.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1038218" timestamp="1313860806"]
http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/08/20/prewitt-suffers-possible-concussion-in-sloppy-scrimmage/

Could be two man race now.

Bevil will get the start in first game. ;)
[/quote]

Who knows?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1038210" timestamp="1313860339"]
Bevil started the first two series, going three and out and then leading them on a 8 play 55 yard touchdown drive finished by a 4 yard TD pass to Ford.

Prewitt first series, picked up 1 first down then failed to get a first on 4th down resulting in turn over on downs. His second series, moved the offense from their own 30 to the opponent 35 but was taken out due to having his bell rung a couple of times, never came back on the field.

JJ took over and in two plays completed a 30 yard TD pass to Hayes.

JJ's first series, got one first down, then punt. Second series, moved the ball down to 25 yard line, drive stalled but FG made.

Bevil was 3-6 passing, 26 yards and a TD. He also rushed 2 times for 12 yards.

Prewitt was 2-3 passing, 34 yards. He rushed 2 times for 14 yards, sacked twice.

JJ was 7-10 passing, 80 yards and a TD. He rushed three times for 12 yards, was sacked once.

Offense scored 2 TD's and made two FG's.

I think it's time for Woodard to name a starter at QB and let that player get as many reps as he can with first team. Right now, based on the practices and scrimmages that I have seen, it should be Bevil.
[/quote]

were these designed rushes by the qbs or scrambles..Ray running these skinny dudes on purpose, we might need more than 5.........

A few of these runs were designed zone read plays that the QB kept. Other rushes were just scrambling away from the pass rush. Best run was JJ on a keeper on a zone read play that gained 12 yards. He actually took it right off the right tackle. I know this is college and it's much faster, but I witnessed JJ take that particular play to the house on several occasions in high school, with his last one being a 75 yarder in the playoffs against Navasota. Split the two safeties like they were stuck in concrete. :o

I really believe that once Jeremy gets comfortable with the offense and gains the confidence with the experience, he will be the starting QB by mid season. He is just more gifted than the other two and can make plays that I believe the other two cannot make.

We will see.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1038362" timestamp="1313875420"]
A few of these runs were designed zone read plays that the QB kept. Other rushes were just scrambling away from the pass rush. Best run was JJ on a keeper on a zone read play that gained 12 yards. He actually took it right off the right tackle. I know this is college and it's much faster, but I witnessed JJ take that particular play to the house on several occasions in high school, with his last one being a 75 yarder in the playoffs against Navasota. Split the two safeties like they were stuck in concrete. :o

I really believe that once Jeremy gets comfortable with the offense and gains the confidence with the experience, he will be the starting QB by mid season. He is just more gifted than the other two and can make plays that I believe the other two cannot make.

We will see.

[/quote]

You are right.  we will see.  This is the one position on the team where the "most gifted" doesn't always mean the most successsful.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder