Nederland vs Dayton Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest octfeb
[quote name="bigdog" post="1037509" timestamp="1313768539"]
Any update on the Nederland player that was hurt?
[/quote] Yeah I would like to know the answer to that... I must say I was a lil disappointed that the Broncos didn't take a knee when the Nederland player got hurt. When McBride got hurt Nederland immediately took a knee. Coranco motioned for them to take a knee.. But they didn't.  :(

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1037483" timestamp="1313765900"]
[quote author=broncofan55 link=topic=86839.msg1037403#msg1037403 date=1313729294]
where are the fans, it was so quiet. I stomp my feet, it makes a lot of noise, All was so quite. next week we need to be loud,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the players like it....................Fans are we ready..................................................................
[/quote]

YOU SURE RIGHT ;D   The lack of "intensity" was in da stands as well as the field. Come next Friday think there will be a little more feel in da air. ;D
[/quote]

It was a scrimmage ;D ;D

Dayton's offense is awesome! Playing Dayton early every year sure seems to help our defense for the remainder of the season.Dayton's backs make our defensive guys get back to the basics approach to tackling.Kind of like a baseball player taking nothing but b.p.and having to face a pitcher throwing 90 the first game.Got to quit going for the big hits and just try to make contact against some guys.I have faith that our guys will adjust and we will have a great season!Dayton good luck this season.Looks like you guys will be playing some very high scoring ball games.Your kicker will sure make a difference in the close ones!Go Dogs! 

[quote name="liltex" post="1037657" timestamp="1313780954"]
Wow I must go get my eyes checked as I did not see any blocked punt on either side :D
[/quote]

I didnt either but some people though Broussard got a piece of the last dayton punt. I really couldnt tell but the punt shanked off to the right.

[quote name="Penny" post="1037665" timestamp="1313781176"]
Whats the word on Brock, he's invaluable to the performance of our defense.
[/quote]

What I heard is he could be back by district. That is semi-good news compared to season ending surgery. We played with two sophs on the D line for much of last night. There could be some shifting around of some big boys today at practice. Brock is a beast in the middle and we are gonna miss him for the next month.

Agreed, not having Brock leaves a big hole as it did last night, but having him back for district is better than nothing...two sophmores getting baptized against Dayton is a tall order, but I do agree that they both played hard and will only get better...first and foremost, they have to adjust to the speed of the game, but they will...offensively, the Dogs moved the ball pretty effectively throughout the game...pretty encouraged to see that with all of the new faces on offense...Raines played really well last night as he did in the first scrimmage, which is great to see...he's gonna have a good year and the offense this year looks like it will be pretty well balanced with several contributors who can make plays...defensively, adjustments will have to be made with Pryor out, but this coaching staff has proven pretty adept at doing that, plus the kids on that side of the ball are experienced and plenty capable of making those adjustments...again, last night was a scrimmage and while I certainly would have preferred to be on the winning side of the score, I take this game for what it's worth...it did offer something to build on...looking forward to the season for these Dogs

Guest octfeb
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1037635" timestamp="1313779643"]
PANews article on the scrimmage:

http://panews.com/sports/x15273455/Dayton-quickness-gives-Bulldogs-fits
[/quote] Thanks for posting the article

There was no blocked punt. There was a blocked field goal and a pressure on the punt. Nederland's end man on the left of the punter came in unmolested and Carranco had to turn his body to the right to get the kick away causing it to shank even more to the left and go out of bounds after about 30 yards. The cause was that our punt OL was not spread out enough giving that end a short route to the punter. I'm sure they'll fix that, FYI. It was a hustle play by the Nederland defender. I think he was also the one who got the block on the field goal attempt.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1037345" timestamp="1313722158"]
NED did what u have to do to DA BRONX.........Keep the ball away from the O. NED did a good job of burning the clock and had good play calling. DAY did not look interested from about the middle of the 2nd qrt on. I dont put alot of stock in scrimmages but DAY better wake up and show some intensity come next Friday or its not gonna be nice. IMO ;D
[/quote]
Hey Rox, not sure what you were watching but I thought the guys were intense on both sides of the ball, the defense has some that are maybe too intense as they over ran some plays.  Those guys looked pretty intense to me for a glorified practice,  
I am not sure about you sometimes Bronx.  You give out sideways complements and then usually act like you have inside information (which is almost ALWAYS wrong to some degree), and then take an underhanded shot at the team. 

Guest octfeb
[quote name="FBFAN46677" post="1038069" timestamp="1313818553"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=86839.msg1037345#msg1037345 date=1313722158]
NED did what u have to do to DA BRONX.........Keep the ball away from the O. NED did a good job of burning the clock and had good play calling. DAY did not look interested from about the middle of the 2nd qrt on. I dont put alot of stock in scrimmages but DAY better wake up and show some intensity come next Friday or its not gonna be nice. IMO ;D
[/quote]
Hey Rox, not sure what you were watching but I thought the guys were intense on both sides of the ball, the defense has some that are maybe too intense as they over ran some plays.  Those guys looked pretty intense to me for a glorified practice,  
I am not sure about you sometimes Bronx.   You give out sideways complements and then usually act like you have inside information (which is almost ALWAYS wrong to some degree), [b]and then take an underhanded shot at the team.  [/b]
[/quote] I don't think he is doing that... He just calls it just like he sees it.. Just like everyone else on here. I know I and alot of others value his opinion on DA BRONX as he calls them.  ;)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1038121" timestamp="1313847530"]
[quote author=FBFAN46677 link=topic=86839.msg1038069#msg1038069 date=1313818553]
[/quote]
I am not sure about you sometimes Bronx.   You give out sideways complements and then usually act like you have inside information (which is almost ALWAYS wrong to some degree), [b]and then take an underhanded shot at the team.  [/b]
[/quote] I don't think he is doing that... He just calls it just like he sees it.. Just like everyone else on here. I know I and alot of others value his opinion on DA BRONX as he calls them.  ;)
[/quote]
maybe so, but that doesn't mean he is right.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="FBFAN46677" post="1038177" timestamp="1313855256"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=86839.msg1038121#msg1038121 date=1313847530]
[quote author=FBFAN46677 link=topic=86839.msg1038069#msg1038069 date=1313818553]
[/quote]
I am not sure about you sometimes Bronx.   You give out sideways complements and then usually act like you have inside information (which is almost ALWAYS wrong to some degree), [b]and then take an underhanded shot at the team.  [/b]
[/quote] I don't think he is doing that... He just calls it just like he sees it.. Just like everyone else on here. I know I and alot of others value [b]his opinion[/b] on DA BRONX as he calls them.  ;)
[/quote]
maybe so, but that doesn't mean he is right.
[/quote] Nope just means that's his opinion.. like I said...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami