Jerry Stewart

I've read with interest a couple of comments and thought this needed to be stated.

Jerry Stewart has retired as head football coach of Dayton but remains athletic director. Take keen notice that this did not require a hire from outside for a new head coach and a complete turnover. All the coaches currently on staff have worked under Stewart for years. Not only IS Jerry Stewart a great coach, but he's an even BETTER teacher. These coaches, from head coach down to trainer know how Jerry did it. They agree with how he did it and they'll continue to do it that way, not because they owe it to Coach Stewart, but because it works.

So, if you were hoping for some fall-off or confusion after Jerry Stewart, forget it. His influence will be with this team for a long time to come. The fact that he may be standing in the endzone or on the track is insignificant. He's there because he wants to be. He cares about his coaches, he cares about his team and he cares about the Dayton Broncos. Afterall, he spent as much time as Dayton's head coach as he did all his previous places combined, so why wouldn't he? 

As far as being undermined or felt under his thumb, poppycock and a random accusation from someone who would probably feel that way were they in Hancock's position. I'm not going to speak for Hancock, but I know enough about him to know he doesn't the least bit feel threatened. In fact, I would say that he knows where Stewart is and knows he can go to him anytime and that anytime Coach Stewart might have something to say to him he'll be glad to listen because that's the way it's always been. Dayton is going to be fine. Some of you will see for yourselves Thursday night.

[quote name="Mike George" post="1034901" timestamp="1313259845"]
I've read with interest a couple of comments and thought this needed to be stated.

Jerry Stewart has retired as head football coach of Dayton but remains athletic director. Take keen notice that this did not require a hire from outside for a new head coach and a complete turnover. All the coaches currently on staff have worked under Stewart for years. Not only IS Jerry Stewart a great coach, but he's an even BETTER teacher. These coaches, from head coach down to trainer know how Jerry did it. They agree with how he did it and they'll continue to do it that way, not because they owe it to Coach Stewart, but because it works.

So, if you were hoping for some fall-off or confusion after Jerry Stewart, forget it. His influence will be with this team for a long time to come. The fact that he may be standing in the endzone or on the track is insignificant. He's there because he wants to be. He cares about his coaches, he cares about his team and he cares about the Dayton Broncos. Afterall, he spent as much time as Dayton's head coach as he did all his previous places combined, so why wouldn't he? 

As far as being undermined or felt under his thumb, poppycock and a random accusation from someone who would probably feel that way were they in Hancock's position. I'm not going to speak for Hancock, but I know enough about him to know he doesn't the least bit feel threatened. In fact, I would say that he knows where Stewart is and knows he can go to him anytime and that anytime Coach Stewart might have something to say to him he'll be glad to listen because that's the way it's always been. Dayton is going to be fine. Some of you will see for yourselves Thursday night.

[/quote]

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Guest beechnut
Best to Coach Stewart bc his record speaks for itself but have to think as young as he is that he may Coach again. Sit a year and the money someone would pay him with with his already salary? Best to you Coach and wish you the best.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1034953" timestamp="1313264672"]
I dont think it matters if he is roaming the sidelines. Who cares.
[/quote]

???

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1034953" timestamp="1313264672"]
[/quote]

I don't know what you mean by that, but I will say all of us in Dayton care and that's all that matters, and more than that, Stewart has more than earned the privilege. I've said enough about all this however and will leave it at that.

[quote name="Mike George" post="1035039" timestamp="1313275705"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=86654.msg1034953#msg1034953 date=1313264672]
[/quote]

I don't know what you mean by that, but I will say all of us in Dayton care and that's all that matters, and more than that, Stewart has more than earned the privilege. nuff said
[/quote]

I think he's agreeing with you Mike.

I wasn't sure, but I sincerely hope he was, but it made it clear for anyone else reading that might mean something else. When I was a kid, I'd go to school and start telling a group of kids about something I may have done over the weekend or summer, and it seems like there was always this kid who said, "Who cares?" So, when I see that in print or hear it, I take it the same way, but certainly don't mean to offend anyone, unless I need to.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="Mike George" post="1035057" timestamp="1313277367"]
I wasn't sure, but I sincerely hope he was, but it made it clear for anyone else reading that might mean something else. When I was a kid, I'd go to school and start telling a group of kids about something I may have done over the weekend or summer, and it seems like there was always this kid who said, "Who cares?" So, when I see that in print or hear it, I take it the same way, but certainly don't mean to offend anyone, unless I need to.
[/quote]

Mike where you working now?

Guest beechnut
[quote name="Mike George" post="1035097" timestamp="1313282548"]
Self-employed in sales of wealth, wisdom and health.

www.wealthyathome.net
[/quote]

Cool have not seen you lately but glad you are well.

[quote author=Mike George link=topic=86654.msg1035057#msg1035057 date=1313277367]
[/quot.                    You are correct my point is why would someone care that he is there he has earned the right to be there and furthermore it's his job as ad

Straight up,best there's been @Dayton of turning kids lives into memorable events they'll cherish all their lives.I've never met anybody w/more character/heart in my life.I'd try to be the high bidder if he ever donated that cap (he's tossed a few times)to the Booster Club ;) ;) ;D

Sounds like Mike is worried to me  ;D Maybe I missed some post but what brought this on  ???  Is this one of those thing where if you tell your self its ok enough then it really will be :'(  Don't care how much the master has taught grasshopper it still isn't the master ;D Hope you guys don't drop off this season :-*

There was a post on another thread about Jowell Hancock feeling threatened following Stewart with Stewart staying on as AD and being in the shadows, so to speak. I just felt it was necessary to set things straight, even though I knew straight up that this poster knew little or nothing about these coaches to even consider that. Now that the record has been set straight, we can move on to football season . . .

[quote name="Mike George" post="1035653" timestamp="1313413378"]
There was a post on another thread about Jowell Hancock feeling threatened following Stewart with Stewart staying on as AD and being in the shadows, so to speak. I just felt it was necessary to set things straight, even though I knew straight up that this poster knew little or nothing about these coaches to even consider that. Now that the record has been set straight, we can move on to football season . . .
[/quote]

My Bad ;D Sure 5 days till the first scrimmage!!!!!! Can't wait

[quote name="knightrider" post="1035120" timestamp="1313284085"]
All us true Dayton fans have alittle Stewart in us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
[/quote]

That explains why everyone in Dayton is Bow-Legged  ;D ;D ;D

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/bowleg.png/][IMG]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6882/bowleg.png[/img][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124