Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. West Orange-Stark Scrimmage Thread/Comments

Considering LCM has 2 new QB's ,Sezar getting just a few carries, Douglas out and both teams really only running their base offense,I thought LCM moved the ball running and throwing pretty well at times. WOS chain gang defense has 8 starters back and are excellent so the Bears did OK. WOS on offense will be just fine when they get their new offense down. I think running the football and playing Mustang defense are the keys to them making a long playoff run. It doesn't matter if you beat people 17-7 or 35 -7, just win!! Just my opinon.

[quote name="utguy09" post="1035070" timestamp="1313280146"]
Is reed getting any looks...kid has big time d-1 potentail.
[/quote]More so for track he won state in shot and discus this year. He is gettin a few for football also just a great kid. He is for sure the biggest punter in 20-4a lol.

Speaking of Kicking. WO-S needs a lot of work in that area. Playing a slow down game where there probably won't be much scoring and not having a fieldgoal kicker again. *shakes head* I don't know why we can't seem to develop kickers. It needs to be a priority because with this type of offense and you can't make an extra point and have to depend on two point conversions over and over again spells a loss. Punting didn't look any better last night.

Most of the biggest colleges that you can name has offered Hayden for Track. And some of the top football schools have been by the LCM fieldhouse. So it is just a wait and see and Haydens call on what he wants to do. Oh and like 77 said you cannot find a better kid anywhere!! Also is going to be an honor grad!! And no I am not related to Hayden!! ;D

[quote name="VNUPE" post="1035123" timestamp="1313284324"]
Proud, the young man who kicked last night was a freshman. He is actually a very good kicker. I think once he gets past the pressure of being on varsity you will see what he can really do.
[/quote]

I can see that he have a strong leg, just was wide left. I'm glad they are atleast trying kickers while they are still young so he will be really developed by the time he's a junior or senior. I can't stand the fact that we have been taking kids off the soccer team when they are juniors or seniors and then the very next year, you don't have a kicker.

[quote name="77" post="1035151" timestamp="1313287500"]
good kickers are very hard to find.
[/quote]

Good kickers are hard to find, but all we need is a decent kicker who can make extra points. We have never gone for many fieldgoals in WO-s existence, but with this type of offense we need extra points.

I thought both teams looked very good on defense except for when they gave up the big play. With Sezer's TD run and West Orange would be gaining little bits on the ground until everynow and then would break one for a big gain. If both can clean up that they will be hard to score on. For LCM's offense i thought it has a lot of weapons but the Quarterback play was subpar. But that was the first real varsity action for either QB so hopefully it will improve. If it does there isn't a team that has the speed to stay with Sezer or the height to stop Harmon the receiver. Go Bears!

[quote name="oldollie" post="1035121" timestamp="1313284110"]
Most of the biggest colleges that you can name has offered Hayden for Track. And some of the top football schools have been by the LCM fieldhouse. So it is just a wait and see and Haydens call on what he wants to do. Oh and like 77 said you cannot find a better kid anywhere!! Also is going to be an honor grad!! And no I am not related to Hayden!! ;D
[/quote]

Right on the money

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami