Dayton vs. Spring Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="cornhusker" post="1034545" timestamp="1313201073"]
Looks like Dayton ha.s a Jerry Jones roaming the sidelines like the Cowgirls
[/quote]

In all seriousness, how good can that be for the new HC? Handpicked or not, it's going to be much tougher for him if he cannot get out of Coach Stewart's shadow both physically and figuratively.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="B.M.F." post="1034587" timestamp="1313203962"]
That's an idiotic statement. First, I think you girls are blowing this way out of proportion. Second, why would you not utilize one of the winningest coaches in southeast Texas during a SCRIMMAGE?  Give me a break.
[/quote]

So you are honestly going to tell me that he will back off during the season? What if (big what if) Dayton struggles?

It's difficult enough to follow a legend. It has to extremely hard to have him on the sidelines (AD or not).

Offense - Started a little shaky but got it rolling after the first two series. McBride gave em fits. Gotta wrap that littl pony up. O-line did a good job in protection and opening holes. We all know the O will be fine. The back up QB (Marcain sp ) did a great job and sure can scramble.
Defense - " HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM "  :D :D Just playin. D-line for the most part did their job but lacked that "HAVOC" Wright created last year. Dayton usually has that big nose to plug the middle but didnt see it tonight. Big Oubs did start getting some snags at nose and the D stiffened. The D backs which I thought would be our strength struggled a little and their were some new jerseys out there and the starters from last year were O only. ??? Probally gettin a look to see if some kids wont have to go both ways.The LBs is where Da Bronx struggled the most. Callin it now #32 on the JV will be playin LB next week on the varsity.
Overall Da Bronx looked good and I have no doubt the coaching staff will shore up the D. Did talk to Delasbour and he is chomping at tha bit but said he will not step on the field till BH more than likely.

To all you in SETX you will be hearing about Carranco's 85 yard field goal from LilTex for the rest of the year but I'll let him tell ya about it :D :D :D :D :D

Wow,wow,and wow @ 61 yrs I've witnessed alot of things happening on a football field.I posted earlier on another thread that Carranco has grown some and his leg seems much stronger.As a soph.in pre-game seen him put the ball through the uprights alot from the 40 yd.marker w/extra leg.After Dayton scored the go ahead td on a 30+ romp by McBride,Carranco tee's up the ball w/30 tics on the clock and the 15+mph so.wind knocks the ball off the tee.Carranco's holder sets the ball and I swear I told Bronx rox wouldn't it be something if he knocked it thru the uprights?He certainly did it,splitting the uprights the ball sailed a good 5-7' over the cross bar and landed on the track.That ball traveled every bit of 85 yds.in the air.After the game I shook his hand and said nice 85 yd.FG although it really was just a darn scrimmage kick.Scouts would be in awe to see this junior in action.What a career thus far ;)

[quote name="daytonfan" post="1034699" timestamp="1313239682"]
How did fowler look? and the rest of the receiving core?
[/quote]Fowler looked great ! Looks to be bigger,taller and faster than last year . Still makes hard catches look easy . While in motion recieved the hand-off and ran around the end for a TD.Offense looked crisp ,but "D" needs some work. Couldn't get any pressure on their QB and would leave big holes in the middle , but did tighten up the second half. I'm sure when we get into the real season some of the studs from offense will play both ways and take care of business as usual. For a first outing against a 5a team the Bronco's looked good !

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1034709" timestamp="1313241513"]
[quote author=daytonfan link=topic=86611.msg1034699#msg1034699 date=1313239682]
How did fowler look? and the rest of the receiving core?
[/quote]Fowler looked great ! Looks to be bigger,taller and faster than last year . Still makes hard catches look easy . While in motion recieved the hand-off and ran around the end for a TD.Offense looked crisp ,but "D" needs some work. Couldn't get any pressure on their QB and would leave big holes in the middle , but did tighten up the second half. I'm sure when we get into the real season some of the studs from offense will play both ways and take care of business as usual. For a first outing against a 5a team the Bronco's looked good !
[/quote]

Marcain is gonna see alot of passes his way also. Reyes looked good and I believe it was St. Andre that saw some snaps and had a couple of good runs off the bubble.

[quote name="liltex" post="1034650" timestamp="1313210138"]
Wow,wow,and wow @ 61 yrs I've witnessed alot of things happening on a football field.I posted earlier on another thread that Carranco has grown some and his leg seems much stronger.As a soph.in pre-game seen him put the ball through the uprights alot from the 40 yd.marker w/extra leg.After Dayton scored the go ahead td on a 30+ romp by McBride,Carranco tee's up the ball w/30 tics on the clock and the 15+mph so.wind knocks the ball off the tee.Carranco's holder sets the ball and I swear I told Bronx rox wouldn't it be something if he knocked it thru the uprights?He certainly did it,splitting the uprights the ball sailed a good 5-7' over the cross bar and landed on the track.That ball traveled every bit of 85 yds.in the air.After the game I shook his hand and said nice 85 yd.FG although it really was just a darn scrimmage kick.Scouts would be in awe to see this junior in action.What a career thus far ;)
[/quote]

whoa.. speechless.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83