Hardin Jefferson Football 2011

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1033395" timestamp="1313009694"]
Do you think they can make the playoffs this season? Do they have any All State Prospects?
[/quote]
I hear they are looking alright, nothing special and it's very hard to make the playoffs in that district with WOS and Silsbee alwasy re loading and then Menard returning for Bridge City

Guest jettyman
I don't think Bad Santa is really being serious when he is inquiring about Hawks Football.  As usual he is being his old self and trying to sarcastically bash the football progaram as he has many times before.  Santa let me give an honest first hand report as if you really care: 1. The Hawks will be very young and many Freshman will have a chance to get playing time on Friday night  2. Senior class is very small approx. (10) with very few underclassmen with varsity experience. 3. We lost our starting QB and both starting wide recievers.  4. Our (part time) starting running back from last year broke his foot and will be sidelined for several weeks. 5. The offensive line has 3 returning starters returning and they will be alright up front.  6.  Defensively, we lost some important players at the linebacker position and at conerback but we have several 2 way players that have experience on D. 7. Changes have been made with some schemes so players are in the learning mode but they are picking it quickly.  Keys to our success: Staying healthy because many players have key positions on both sides of the ball, making the grade, several key players have a pattern of not passing.  Limiting simple mistakes such as fumbling, personal fouls and key holding penalties.  Staying enthuastic about the game even when the chips get down when people like yourself start the bashing and saying the program should be canceled.  Many read these forums. I truly think people will know they have battled the Hawks win or lose. So there you have it good, bad and indifferent.  As far as an All State player, it is very difficult to obtain that accolade but I think if one had a chance it would be my son (52) and thats a long shot.  Now go back to the Basketball forum board and make golf bets that will never back up because you are all mouth.  I would so love to meet you in person and maybe that would happen if you ever decide to play Lazeek in a golf match.  I would happily volunteer to carry his clubs to witness the beat down.  Later

Guest ECBucFan
H-J football is disadvantaged due to their basketball obsession, just like Kountzes FB programs has been. Some schools manage to have successful hoops without hurting Football, but at some, like at H-J, basketball hurts. I would like to see H-J and Kountze have success in football. Their players deserve it.   

Jetty man I was actually serious bro. Take a chill pill. It sounds like you are a true tailgating HJ fan. The only reason I asked was just to see what they would have. All jokes aside, HJ kids play their butts off just like the rest of SETX kids. I hope one day y'all can make a deep run in the playoffs.........your welcome to carry my clubs anytime pal!

Well, here we go. I will say this. You are correct in your assessment that HJ's basketball program thrives. I'm going to put this out there, take it however you want. Within the next 4 years, HJ's Basketball (girls and boys), Volleyball, Baseball, Football, and Track will be represented in some type of state playoffs, or playoff tournament. Might only take 2 years for it to start happening. What you have coming in as freshman, is the largest class of boys in the history of the district and the girls have some of the best athletes to ever come through there. Mark this down, copy it, past it, whatever. Oh, and #52's little brother is also in that class.

[quote name="cowboysfan4life" post="1034199" timestamp="1313160254"]
If you look at the past several years, .... persohn, gustafson, turner, burrell, venable, etc.... all played football as well as basketball....

To say that basketball is hurting football is not exactly accurate....
[/quote]That is a good point.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124