Did Kirbyville break UIL rules on the first day of practice?

[quote name="BigOleCountryBoy" post="1031329" timestamp="1312426772"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=86279.msg1031327#msg1031327 date=1312426568]
[quote author=BigOleCountryBoy link=topic=86279.msg1031322#msg1031322 date=1312426078]
There was a real rules violation in the video. Still no one has answered me. Will the UIL act on it?
[/quote]Hmmm..lets see ...post about hand pads in jasper .... post about sled pads in kirbyville .... got to thinking ... this jackwagon has to be from Silsbee, Bridge City, or maybe even Center,... must be related to the poster for the jasper thread ....Good golly ... this dude is a joke ... if this is all ya got to do ... man ...!@##%^&& ... aah ... I feel better.
[/quote]

Feeling guilty??
[/quote]not a bit ... good golly man ... what ya gonna look for next ... wrong colored cups by the water cooler ... pure junk .... let em practice .... let em play ... just kids trying to get better ...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The first four days of practice shall be conducted without any contact equipment except helmets. Other contact equipment may be fitted and placed in lockers the first day workouts are permitted. During the first four days, however, only shoes, socks, T-shirts, shorts and helmets may be worn. During the four-day acclimatization period, no contact activities shall be permitted. All student-athletes who arrive after the first day of practice are required to undergo a four-day acclimatization period."

I got this from WOSGrad "Mr.Google" but I couldnt find anything specific to hand pads or equipment

[quote name="BigOleCountryBoy" post="1031357" timestamp="1312433589"]
In the UIL football bylaws:

Chapter 3, Section 17, Article 4, Line 11: A team shall have no pads on it's sled during non-contact workouts. Any sled with pads cannot be on the practice field.
[/quote]

I never saw a sled on the practice field!  The sled is in the same place on the video monday that is is today.  100 yards from the practice field next to the woods.  Geez  get a life

[quote name="BigOleCountryBoy" post="1031281" timestamp="1312420818"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=86279.msg1031245#msg1031245 date=1312418868]
[quote author=BigOleCountryBoy link=topic=86279.msg1031216#msg1031216 date=1312412277]
Besides, it is my understanding that it is illegal just to have a sled with pads on it on the practice field. That's a no-no in my book.
[/quote]

Kirbyville's sleds have never had pads on them....It's just metal to metal.... ;D ;D
[/quote]

That's not what I see in the video.  :o
[/quote]

Country Boy I don't say many negative things and seldom argue a point,But you have rode this horse to death...If you seriously have a problem with the KIRBYVILLE WILDCATS ...contact a board member or better yet the UIL I'm sure they could use a good laugh... ;) ;D

[quote name="VPirate" post="1031499" timestamp="1312480180"]
I suspect that BigOleCountryBoy is an "invention" created to respond to the AAW thread, I also wonder if he has another account under a different name???
[/quote]

Nope, just a long time reader. That Jasper thread is what got me thinking though. The Kirbyville infraction was so blatant that I just had to ask someone.

[quote name="BigOleCountryBoy" post="1031500" timestamp="1312480412"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=86279.msg1031499#msg1031499 date=1312480180]
I suspect that BigOleCountryBoy is an "invention" created to respond to the AAW thread, I also wonder if he has another account under a different name???
[/quote]

Nope, just a long time reader. That Jasper thread is what got me thinking though. The Kirbyville infraction was so blatant that I just had to ask someone.
[/quote]

What color is the sky in your world...mannnnnnnnnnnnn lol... ;D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1031508" timestamp="1312481399"]
[quote author=BigOleCountryBoy link=topic=86279.msg1031500#msg1031500 date=1312480412]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=86279.msg1031499#msg1031499 date=1312480180]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What color is the sky in your world...mannnnnnnnnnnnn lol... ;D
[/quote]

Maybe you guys are just wearing Kirbyville red tented glasses.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1031499" timestamp="1312480180"]
[/quote]

this was my inital thought too but turns out he is not local and seems to really just got his feelings hurt that no one cares there are pads on a sled 100 yards from a practice field.  I dont understand country boy?  Why so agitated about this?  Isnt there something up in your area that you could find to be so irritable about? 

Page 1297, Paragraph 9, line 4 clearly states:

All sleds, and pads, srews nuts or bolts to before mention sleds and or any miselaneous parts thereof shall be completely removed from the district from which further use shall be made so that no cry baby of the first part shall offend pot stirrers of the second part in any way shape, form or fashion.

Hey! The sleds are off the practice field and are untouched. The closest anyone has come to them has been someone looking for shade under the same tree they are under. Not being used, not on the field. May be Coach can start a new strength and conditioning camp for people that want to jump to conclusions, stretch the truth and pull their panties out of a wad.

[quote name="kville68" post="1031591" timestamp="1312492113"]

All sleds, and pads, srews nuts or bolts to before mention sleds and or any miselaneous parts thereof shall be completely removed from the district from which further use shall be made so that no cry baby of the first part shall offend pot stirrers of the second part in any way shape, form or fashion.

Hey! The sleds are off the practice field and are untouched. The closest anyone has come to them has been someone looking for shade under the same tree they are under. Not being used, not on the field. May be Coach can start a new strength and conditioning camp for people that want to jump to conclusions, stretch the truth and pull their panties out of a wad.
[/quote]

im starting to like this guy!

[quote name="kville68" post="1031591" timestamp="1312492113"]

[/quote]

I couldn't find that one in my rules book. Perhaps this was an honest mistake, like the Kirbyville rules dodging.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1031604" timestamp="1312493242"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=86279.msg1031591#msg1031591 date=1312492113]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I in all sincerity think that ole Country Boy is accomplishing  his mission..He's getting attention..Well I have no more fuel to add to his fire ...If you want a fire to go out,remove the fuel.. ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1031610" timestamp="1312494146"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=86279.msg1031604#msg1031604 date=1312493242]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I in all sincerity think that ole Country Boy is accomplishing  his mission..He's getting attention..Well I have no more fuel to add to his fire ...If you want a fire to go out,remove the fuel.. ;)
[/quote]

not yet, he lit the fire!  Im still curious as to why?  I know there is hate connection to Kville somewhere but I cant find it.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1031610" timestamp="1312494146"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=86279.msg1031604#msg1031604 date=1312493242]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I in all sincerity think that ole Country Boy is accomplishing  his mission..He's getting attention..Well I have no more fuel to add to his fire ...If you want a fire to go out,remove the fuel.. ;)
[/quote]

I agree Kats...everyone is letting this guy/gal get way too much mileage out of this.

[quote name="BigOleCountryBoy" post="1031357" timestamp="1312433589"]
In the UIL football bylaws:

Chapter 3, Section 17, Article 4, Line 11: A team shall have no pads on it's sled during non-contact workouts. Any sled with pads cannot be on the practice field.
[/quote]

Explain to me exactly how you feel they made a big boo boo?  The sled is not on the practice field?  What part of that are you not understanding?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder