To All Vidor Fans...

Guest Pirate_pride_07

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I want to know in yall's opinions who will be the starting qb. There are two people going for it. Who do yall think will get it, who should get it, and who shouldn't get it.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="1028547" timestamp="1311737018"]
It should and usually is the player standing directly under or directly behind the center.
[/quote]
:D  :D very funny. What i meant by the question is which one do yall think he should start. On one hand he's got the not so experienced short qb who is fast and has been in the same position since he started playing. On the other hand he's got a senior who's got experience in the qb position from earlier years but not recent but also has an arm and experience on varsity. I was just asking for yall's opinion.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1028551" timestamp="1311738656"]
[quote author=DVILLE-GORILLA link=topic=86016.msg1028547#msg1028547 date=1311737018]
It should and usually is the player standing directly under or directly behind the center.
[/quote]
:D  :D very funny. What i meant by the question is which one do yall think he should start. On one hand he's got the not so experienced short qb who is fast and has been in the same position since he started playing. On the other hand he's got a senior who's got experience in the qb position from earlier years but not recent but also has an arm and experience on varsity. I was just asking for yall's opinion.
[/quote]

Oh, it is clear what you are asking.  And healthy debate which sets out the strengths of the two competing quarterbacks is a good thing.

However, when you interject the "who should get it, and who shouldn't get it," that seems to turn the topic heading toward a vehicle to create, what I feel anyway, is undue criticism of Coach Mathews and whatever quarterback you do not support in this race.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1028559" timestamp="1311742531"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86016.msg1028551#msg1028551 date=1311738656]
[quote author=DVILLE-GORILLA link=topic=86016.msg1028547#msg1028547 date=1311737018]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh, it is clear what you are asking.  And healthy debate which sets out the strengths of the two competing quarterbacks is a good thing.

However, when you interject the "who should get it, and who shouldn't get it," that seems to turn the topic heading toward a vehicle to create, what I feel anyway, is undue criticism of Coach Mathews and whatever quarterback you do not support in this race.
[/quote]

I know. I didn't mean to make it seem that way.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1028188" timestamp="1311678870"]
It should be whoever Coach Mathews believes it should be.....end of story.
[/quote]

Excellent point.......We should applaude these young men instead of bashing them. I'm sure 2cents didn't intend for the thread to go in that direction, and thanks to the good judgment of the posters it didn't......but that is exactly what can happen when you pit one player against another for a particular position. I say let these young men play the game and allow the coaches to make the decisions, and then fully support whoever gets the nod.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1028601" timestamp="1311767524"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=86016.msg1028188#msg1028188 date=1311678870]
It should be whoever Coach Mathews believes it should be.....end of story.
[/quote]

Excellent point.......We should applaude these young men instead of bashing them. I'm sure 2cents didn't intend for the thread to go in that direction, and thanks to the good judgment of the posters it didn't......but that is exactly what can happen when you pit one player against another for a particular position. I say let these young men play the game and allow the coaches to make the decisions, and then fully support whoever gets the nod.
[/quote]

^^^What they both said^^^

[quote name="VPirate" post="1028761" timestamp="1311803708"]
I have been informed of a schedule revision for Vidor's 2011 season, same venues, different dates.

The Texas High game will be played on Sat. Aug. 27th

The Bridge City game will be played Sat. Sept. 3rd

The Ozen game will be played Sat. Oct. 8th.

[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1028763" timestamp="1311803919"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=86016.msg1028761#msg1028761 date=1311803708]
I have been informed of a schedule revision for Vidor's 2011 season, same venues, different dates.

[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up.
[/quote]

No problem    :)

[quote name="VPirate" post="1028761" timestamp="1311803708"]

[/quote]

What is the problem with the other dates?

[quote name="Piratefan23" post="1028772" timestamp="1311806033"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the Texas High and Ozen games may have just been miscommunications as the Texas High site had the game on the 27th all along and the BISD site had the Ozen game on the 8th as well.  Remember these are both games where Vidor is either on a neutral field or the away team so they are kind of at the wishes of the venues there.

As for the Bridge City game, I suspect we may see that as one of the games on KFDM CW's Saturday Night Lights, Season II.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1028779" timestamp="1311807260"]
[quote author=Piratefan23 link=topic=86016.msg1028772#msg1028772 date=1311806033]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the Texas High and Ozen games may have just been miscommunications as the Texas High site had the game on the 27th all along and the BISD site had the Ozen game on the 8th as well.  Remember these are both games where Vidor is either on a neutral field or the away team so they are kind of at the wishes of the venues there.

As for the Bridge City game, I suspect we may see that as one of the game on KFDM CW's Saturday Night Lights, Season II.
[/quote]

Thank You WOSgrad

In my opinion, experience should trump youth, simply because the older player should be able to  run the offense smoother. But I have no inkling on who's who. Ya'll dont throw the ball that much, goin on the stats I read in the Enterprise last year, so arm strength shouldn't be too much of an issue. That being said,whoever comes outta practice with a better grasp of the offense should start.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1028892" timestamp="1311833166"]
In my opinion, experience should trump youth, simply because the older player should be able to  run the offense smoother. But I have no inkling on who's who. Ya'll dont throw the ball that much, goin on the stats I read in the Enterprise last year, so arm strength shouldn't be too much of an issue. That being said,whoever comes outta practice with a better grasp of the offense should start.
[/quote]
Thanks for your opinion. But from what i've heard matthews is trying to throw in a few plays with the spread. Not like last year where we did it when we absolutely had nothing else and they were stopping the slot t offense. I think i saw it once maybe twice but don't quote me. I think it would be a great idea to rotate them in as well. The youngin has an arm on him that is something else. And the senior has a good head on his shoulders and would be a great asset on offense. I think we should rotate them out when the youngin throwing in the spread and the senior running the slot t. But thats just my opinion.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1028896" timestamp="1311839778"]
[quote author=pinelandflash link=topic=86016.msg1028892#msg1028892 date=1311833166]
In my opinion, experience should trump youth, simply because the older player should be able to  run the offense smoother. But I have no inkling on who's who. Ya'll dont throw the ball that much, goin on the stats I read in the Enterprise last year, so arm strength shouldn't be too much of an issue. That being said,whoever comes outta practice with a better grasp of the offense should start.
[/quote]
Thanks for your opinion. But from what i've heard matthews is trying to throw in a few plays with the spread. Not like last year where we did it when we absolutely had nothing else and they were stopping the slot t offense. I think i saw it once maybe twice but don't quote me. I think it would be a great idea to rotate them in as well. The youngin has an arm on him that is something else. And the senior has a good head on his shoulders and would be a great asset on offense. I think we should rotate them out when the youngin throwing in the spread and the senior running the slot t. But thats just my opinion.
[/quote]

Answer me this.... What sense does it make  to  let  the defense know what you are doing by changing from the wing/slot t to the spread so you can  use both QBs.  Kinda takes away from the surprise factor doesn’t it.  There are plenty of pass plays you can run out of the wing/slot T with the QB under center or out of the shot gun.  Not to mention the most important thing,  the completely different blocking responsibilities there are from the spread to the slot.  (We do not have the personal to run the spread) Probably a good way to get whatever QB the coaches decide on to get killed.  I wasn’t trying to leave any real feedback on this forum topic because of were it might go, but [glow=red,2,300]REALLY[/glow].  The COACHES will decide what is best for the Pirates this season.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1028562" timestamp="1311746901"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=86016.msg1028559#msg1028559 date=1311742531]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86016.msg1028551#msg1028551 date=1311738656]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I know. I didn't mean to make it seem that way.
[/quote]

I am going to try to be real careful how I word this as not to be misunderstood. I like highschool football. More than pro, more than college, it has roots in the community and the rivalries are great. I like this forum. There are so many people on here with a lot of insight and knowledge. I just do not understand why any comment other than "Yeah team" is quickly deemed negative. I dont think there was any talk of "who should be quarterback? and should the other kid be allowed to live or not?" A simple debate on which player might best fit the program in someones "opinion" does not mean a thing in the real world it's just for fun. If any coach relies on the opinions of the Saturday morning coaches on sites like this to make his desision he has problems. My point is as long as no one gets personal and it is just a matter of " Player A is taller and can chunk the ball a mile but player  B is a year older,  has quick feet and played TB last year so he knows the offense" why is that made out to be bashing and disrespecting a coaches authority. He who has not questioned a coaches sanity shall cast the first stone!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder