To All Vidor Fans...

Guest Pirate_pride_07

[quote name="kville68" post="1029024" timestamp="1311876077"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86016.msg1028562#msg1028562 date=1311746901]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=86016.msg1028559#msg1028559 date=1311742531]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86016.msg1028551#msg1028551 date=1311738656]
[quote author=DVILLE-GORILLA link=topic=86016.msg1028547#msg1028547 date=1311737018]
It should and usually is the player standing directly under or directly behind the center.
[/quote]
:D  :D very funny. What i meant by the question is which one do yall think he should start. On one hand he's got the not so experienced short qb who is fast and has been in the same position since he started playing. On the other hand he's got a senior who's got experience in the qb position from earlier years but not recent but also has an arm and experience on varsity. I was just asking for yall's opinion.
[/quote]

Oh, it is clear what you are asking.  And healthy debate which sets out the strengths of the two competing quarterbacks is a good thing.

However, when you interject the "who should get it, and who shouldn't get it," that seems to turn the topic heading toward a vehicle to create, what I feel anyway, is undue criticism of Coach Mathews and whatever quarterback you do not support in this race.
[/quote]

I know. I didn't mean to make it seem that way.
[/quote]

I am going to try to be real careful how I word this as not to be misunderstood. I like highschool football. More than pro, more than college, it has roots in the community and the rivalries are great. I like this forum. There are so many people on here with a lot of insight and knowledge. I just do not understand why any comment other than "Yeah team" is quickly deemed negative. I dont think there was any talk of "who should be quarterback? and should the other kid be allowed to live or not?" A simple debate on which player might best fit the program in someones "opinion" does not mean a thing in the real world it's just for fun. If any coach relies on the opinions of the Saturday morning coaches on sites like this to make his desision he has problems. My point is as long as no one gets personal and it is just a matter of " Player A is taller and can chunk the ball a mile but player  B is a year older,  has quick feet and played TB last year so he knows the offense" why is that made out to be bashing and disrespecting a coaches authority. He who has not questioned a coaches sanity shall cast the first stone!
[/quote]

Well Kville you make a good point and you have been on this site long enough to know that last year we had those so called opinons get out of control about last years QB.  A debate is fine but look how the poster of this forum started this thread.  Leaves this wide open to the same type of bashing.  "Yeah Team" ;)

[quote name="VPirate" post="1029049" timestamp="1311879291"]
There is no QB controversy in Vidor, and they will not have a 2-QB system.

There will be 1 starting QB and he will have the full support of the coaches, team and fans.
[/quote]

Great post.  Thats the problem with threads like this.  .  Its a competition not a  controversy.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1029058" timestamp="1311880151"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=86016.msg1029049#msg1029049 date=1311879291]

There will be 1 starting QB and he will have the full support of the coaches, team and fans.
[/quote]

Great post.  Thats the problem with threads like this.  .  Its a competition not a  controversy.
[/quote]

8)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="kville68" post="1029024" timestamp="1311876077"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86016.msg1028562#msg1028562 date=1311746901]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86016.msg1028551#msg1028551 date=1311738656]
[quote author=DVILLE-GORILLA link=topic=86016.msg1028547#msg1028547 date=1311737018]
It should and usually is the player standing directly under or directly behind the center.
[/quote]
:D  :D very funny. What i meant by the question is which one do yall think he should start. On one hand he's got the not so experienced short qb who is fast and has been in the same position since he started playing. On the other hand he's got a senior who's got experience in the qb position from earlier years but not recent but also has an arm and experience on varsity. I was just asking for yall's opinion.
[/quote]

Oh, it is clear what you are asking.  And healthy debate which sets out the strengths of the two competing quarterbacks is a good thing.

However, when you interject the "who should get it, and who shouldn't get it," that seems to turn the topic heading toward a vehicle to create, what I feel anyway, is undue criticism of Coach Mathews and whatever quarterback you do not support in this race.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am going to try to be real careful how I word this as not to be misunderstood. I like highschool football. More than pro, more than college, it has roots in the community and the rivalries are great. I like this forum. There are so many people on here with a lot of insight and knowledge. I just do not understand why any comment other than "Yeah team" is quickly deemed negative. I dont think there was any talk of "who should be quarterback? and should the other kid be allowed to live or not?" A simple debate on which player might best fit the program in someones "opinion" does not mean a thing in the real world it's just for fun. If any coach relies on the opinions of the Saturday morning coaches on sites like this to make his desision he has problems. My point is as long as no one gets personal and it is just a matter of " Player A is taller and can chunk the ball a mile but player  B is a year older,  has quick feet and played TB last year so he knows the offense" why is that made out to be bashing and disrespecting a coaches authority. He who has not questioned a coaches sanity shall cast the first stone!
[/quote]
First of all please do not compare this to the post of last year. I did not name any names or bash any kid. I simply posted a question asking what everyone thought about a question I had. I know that I worded it wrong and I realize this now and I quickly fixed it and rephrased the question. And I am in no way saying that I am going to be the one who decides what player is going to be in the QB position. I am simply trying to start some friendly chatter amoung Vidor fans. That is all. Now can we please get back to the conversation without it causing any further conflict. Like kville68 said i just people's opinions and thats it.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1029186" timestamp="1311909523"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=86016.msg1029024#msg1029024 date=1311876077]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
First of all please do not compare this to the post of last year. I did not name any names or bash any kid. I simply posted a question asking what everyone thought about a question I had. I know that I worded it wrong and I realize this now and I quickly fixed it and rephrased the question. And I am in no way saying that I am going to be the one who decides what player is going to be in the QB position. I am simply trying to start some friendly chatter amoung Vidor fans. That is all. Now can we please get back to the conversation without it causing any further conflict. Like kville68 said i just people's opinions and thats it.
[/quote]

You already have named names in another thread.  Just a matter of time until you do it here.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1029246" timestamp="1311939716"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=86016.msg1029186#msg1029186 date=1311909523]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=86016.msg1029024#msg1029024 date=1311876077]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

You already have named names in another thread.  Just a matter of time until you do it here.
[/quote]
And i corrected that mistake as well. Can we please just get back to the topic on hand? Please and thank you.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1029058" timestamp="1311880151"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn't say it was a controversy. I think it becomes a controversy IF a coach elects to PLAY two QB's. It USUALLY means that the coach doesn't have faith in either one. Speaking of a competition there's nothing like one- I love to watch two QB's battle it out. I think it only makes both players that much better when there is someone there to push the other. Some kids become complacent when they find out too early that the job is their's to lose.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1029441" timestamp="1311977756"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=86016.msg1029058#msg1029058 date=1311880151]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn't say it was a controversy. I think it becomes a controversy IF a coach elects to PLAY two QB's. It USUALLY means that the coach doesn't have faith in either one. Speaking of a competition there's nothing like one- I love to watch two QB's battle it out. I think it only makes both players that much better when there is someone there to push the other. Some kids become complacent when they find out too early that the job is their's to lose.
[/quote]
Good point but you gotta be careful with that because if the competition goes to far and stretches to the games then the kids lose that leadership figure and you might have the possibility of a split team, half the team likes one qb and the other half likes the other one. But i KNOW that whoever Coach Matthews decide to get the position it will be the correct decision and he will stick by it and I will be happy either way.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Thank you. Good luck to yall as well. Hopefully we can look foward to another match up like two years ago. Remember that lil sophomore that scored that TD on yall in the fourth. He's a senior and starting now.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086