Kountze this year

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1027587" timestamp="1311437275"]
Kountze has been solid for the past 16 plus years. I bet they get at least to the regionals next year.
[/quote]  yeah they lost to a solid crockett Team.. Could of beat them put started to slow and couldn't get any rebounds..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name="Insurance Man" post="1067803" timestamp="1317155979"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=85942.msg1027626#msg1027626 date=1311449837]
Idk what our region looks like this year but I know Crockett lost everybody
[/quote]Something in the water in Kountze....always produces basketball tallent for a small town...never count them out. District should be no problem.
[/quote]
EC might have something to say about that...

Can anyone name the last two teams from 24AA to make it to the regional tournament?  It has not been Kountze.  It was EC and Anahuac.  Kountze didnt even win the district championship last year.  Could be a while before things get back to the way they used to be.

[quote name="LSU 9800" post="1110218" timestamp="1320882402"]
Can anyone name the last two teams from 24AA to make it to the regional tournament?  It has not been Kountze.  It was EC and Anahuac.  Kountze didnt even win the district championship last year.  Could be a while before things get back to the way they used to be.
[/quote]

Lol its all about who u match up with in the playoffs ... two years ago district champs.. made it 3 rounds and ran into #1 new waverly... last year made it 3 rounds ran into #3 Crockett .... Anahuac made it to regionals 2 years ago but look at their path there.. pretty sure there weren't any power house teams in there way till the regional finals when they lost to new waverly... we didn't win the district last year for the first time in Idk how many years lol I assure u Kountze will open ppls eyes again this year...:-)

My point exactly UT Fan average teams make excuses as to why they loose. When Kountze was winning championships they won big games.  You are going to eventually have to beat some ranked teams to win a championship no matter how early or late you meet them in the playoffs.  Kountze has not won a big game that mattered since 07 state championship team.  Tell me why this year will be any different?

[quote name="LSU 9800" post="1110218" timestamp="1320882402"]
Can anyone name the last two teams from 24AA to make it to the regional tournament?  It has not been Kountze.  It was EC and Anahuac.  [b]Kountze didnt even win the district championship last year. [/b]  Could be a while before things get back to the way they used to be.
[/quote]

:o For the 1st time in 16 years Kountze did not win a District Championship. You're saying that as if they've been struggling for years now. Clearly not the case here. When Kountze doesn't win the district championship, it comes as a shock to everyone, including yourself.

[quote name="LSU 9800" post="1110254" timestamp="1320883994"]
My point exactly UT Fan average teams make excuses as to why they loose. When Kountze was winning championships they won big games.  You are going to eventually have to beat some ranked teams to win a championship no matter how early or late you meet them in the playoffs.  Kountze has not won a big game that mattered since 07 state championship team.  Tell me why this year will be any different?
[/quote]

Answer me this, since you mentioned the last two 24-AA schools to make it to the Regional Tournament, how many RANKED teams did they face to get there? I'll wait while you waste your time perusing the UIL site to come out empty-handed.

As utfan mentioned, playoffs is all about matchups and who's hot at that point in the season. It clear that you lack capacity to understand "playoff" basketball. The teams Kountze has faced in the QUARTERFINAL round have been highly ranked (#1 and #3) in the past few years. Some even went as far as saying that those mentioned matchups were the "State" or even "Regional" championship matchup because BOTH teams were THAT good.

Kountze has ran a system that has made them successful for years.This year will be know different.While I haven't seen them this summer I know they will be good.If they have some size similiar to Busby and Powell from a few years back they can compete for state championships, if not they could still easily win the district championship.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="whsalum" post="1110513" timestamp="1320901587"]
Kountze has ran a system that has made them successful for years.This year will be know different.While I haven't seen them this summer I know they will be good.If they have some size similiar to Busby and Powell from a few years back they can compete for state championships, if not they could still easily win the district championship.
[/quote] I hope they do but they better get someone to teach them how to break a good press if they are going to do it. For the last 4 years they have not been impressive on that plus no height this year will make it hard...play hard for 4 quarters and not one like in the HJ game!

[quote name="bball2011" post="1136371" timestamp="1322760221"]
I heard that Kountze got a point guard from Ozen or somewhere, Harpers (freshmans) brother...Will he be able to play Varsity...
[/quote]

When did this happen? If he's a Harper FROM Ozen that it would have to be Darrion Harper who was a WR on Ozen's Varsity football team. He has Kountze ties. I think they're cousins though.

Don't know the validity of the rumor.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami