Evadale football 2011-2012 how they look

How could hull continue to be great in all sports if they all they have is a mediocre football team and a mediocre basketball team. And as far as there baseball program goes well, ill rest my case on that one. The fact is, is that from now on Evadale is the 1A powerhouse now, not H-D. It's 2011 not 1990.

[quote name="Grizz" post="1022154" timestamp="1309721615"]
How could hull continue to be great in all sports if they all they have is a mediocre football team and a mediocre basketball team. And as far as there baseball program goes well, ill rest my case on that one. The fact is, is that from now on Evadale is the 1A powerhouse now, not H-D. It's 2011 not 1990.
[/quote]

Thing is, no one can get it through his head and make him understand that the past is the past.  We all understand that HD was good in the 70's (one state championship), 80's and 90's.  But look at the present and Evadale not HD has been the one making news.  I believe they have two championships (basketball, baseball (I could be wrong)) and HD has none.  End of story

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1022127" timestamp="1309705532"]
''Baseball boy'', don't get it twisted, Evadale has only been good for 5 years !! lol !! H-D will continue to be a great program in all sports, especially football. Good luck Evadale on being good for over 70 years like H-D !
[/quote]

I think that part of the reason HD is so average now is because the kids think exactly the way you do.  Last season.....HD went 5-5.  Got 3rd in district.  Then got smoked 1st round.  Even with the almighty Gilmore and Drak and whoever else you said were gonna "dominate" the field.  In fact.  I bet if you look at the school over the history....the football team is probably closer to .500 than you think.  AVERAGE!!

On a second note.  You actually have to put in time and effort...then get results to be considered a powerhouse program.  You have to do more than just put on a uniform with a Bobcat on it to win games. 

When's the last time HD won a [u]playoff[/u] game in football.  When's the last time they've won a playoff game on the boy's side period?  Yeah I know they've been at the top of a very weak district a number of times.....but who cares. 

You need to let go of the past man.  Did you even play when you were in school?  I bet you "could've been a division 1 player but the coach didn't like you"  haha

I will say this, HD having a proud tradition is great. I noticed in Texas Football that another proud school Odessa Permian is picked last in their distirct for this upcoming season. I do not remember ever seeing that while I admit I don't dwell on west Texas 5A. I also noticed that the coach that Friday Night Lights is based on is back at Permian.

I know that rich tradition is great for a school to have and the new schools rise to the top from time to time. Some of them are flash in the pans that come and go in one season while others seem to have a limitless stream of talent that comes in year after year. When I posted earlier on this thread all I asked was what does a district have to do to shake the weak district tag, Evadale more than made up for all the small schools in SETX over the past couple of years.

I want all the schools that are SETX to bring home the hardware regardless of the classifcation. All I really want to do is have credit given where credit is due. A program can be judged over many years, the last ten years the last couple of years or just last year and I believe that Evadale has earn some respect for at least three of the afore mentioned criterias.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1022915" timestamp="1310068646"]
I will say this, HD having a proud tradition is great. I noticed in Texas Football that another proud school Odessa Permian is picked last in their distirct for this upcoming season. I do not remember ever seeing that while I admit I don't dwell on west Texas 5A. I also noticed that the coach that Friday Night Lights is based on is back at Permian.

I know that rich tradition is great for a school to have and the new schools rise to the top from time to time. Some of them are flash in the pans that come and go in one season while others seem to have a limitless stream of talent that comes in year after year. When I posted earlier on this thread all I asked was what does a district have to do to shake the weak district tag, Evadale more than made up for all the small schools in SETX over the past couple of years.

I want all the schools that are SETX to bring home the hardware regardless of the classifcation. All I really want to do is have credit given where credit is due. A program can be judged over many years, the last ten years the last couple of years or just last year and I believe that Evadale has earn some respect for at least three of the afore mentioned criterias.
[/quote]Good post.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1022828" timestamp="1310052850"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=85212.msg1022127#msg1022127 date=1309705532]
''Baseball boy'', don't get it twisted, Evadale has only been good for 5 years !! lol !! H-D will continue to be a great program in all sports, especially football. Good luck Evadale on being good for over 70 years like H-D !
[/quote]

I think that part of the reason HD is so average now is because the kids think exactly the way you do.  Last season.....HD went 5-5.  Got 3rd in district.  Then got smoked 1st round.  Even with the almighty Gilmore and Drak and whoever else you said were gonna "dominate" the field.  In fact.  [glow=red,2,300]I bet if you look at the school over the history....the football team is probably closer to .500 than you think.  AVERAGE!![/glow]On a second note.  You actually have to put in time and effort...then get results to be considered a powerhouse program.  You have to do more than just put on a uniform with a Bobcat on it to win games.  

When's the last time HD won a [u]playoff[/u] game in football.  When's the last time they've won a playoff game on the boy's side period?  Yeah I know they've been at the top of a very weak district a number of times.....but who cares.  

You need to let go of the past man.  Did you even play when you were in school?  I bet you "could've been a division 1 player but the coach didn't like you"  haha
[/quote]ALL-TIME WINS: CLASS 1A
Place School District Wins
1.  Mart 22-1A 634
2.  Albany 12-1A 549
3.  Stamford 11-1A 548
4.  Wink 8-1A 536
5.  Mason 29-1A 506
6.  Hull-Daisetta 23-1A 503
7.  Roscoe 11-1A 500
8.  Alto 20-1A 483
9.  Seagraves 7-1A 478
T10.  De Leon 15-1A 477
T10.  Iraan 8-1A 477

[quote name="True Blue" post="1022135" timestamp="1309707839"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=85212.msg1022127#msg1022127 date=1309705532]
[/quote] :D :D :D Evadale and only 5 yrs ;D ;D Its was only 9 and 10 yrs  when Evadale won state in Baseball, then the next yr won State in Basketball.  70 yrs ;D And I bet you were playing in that same old junkie gym ;D ;D  You sound like a Dallas Cowboy fan, Just telling you grandkids how you use to be... No one cares today how good you one were yrs and yrs and yrs in the past.
[/quote]
hey hey now get off my cowboys ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn