3A Cuero RB in big time trouble!

Cuero's Jackson arrested for pot possession
BY MIKE FORMAN

Felony possession charges have been filed against Cuero running back Trent Jackson.

Jackson, 17, was arrested Friday, June 10, in Cuero and charged with possession of more than two ounces and less than four onces of marijuana in a drug-free zone.

The arrest came as a result of a traffic stop that occurred about 10:30 p.m. in the 700 block of East Clayton St. near an elementary school, according to the Cuero Police Department.

Police Captain Steven Ellis told the Cuero Record that as officers were questioning the occupants of the vehicle, they witnessed suspicious movement.

The officer said narcotics and paraphernalia were found during a search of the car and the four occupants were detained.

Jackson was released on a $15,000 bond.

Jackson set school records for rushing yards during his freshman and sophomore seasons.

Jackson earned all-state honors as a freshman and sophomore.

Jackson rushed for a school-record 385 yards against Calhoun last season before injuring his knee during Cuero's fifth game.

He missed the rest of the season.

:o :o

[quote name="utguy09" post="1020337" timestamp="1308809670"]
Jackson, 17, was arrested Friday, June 10, in Cuero and charged with possession of more than two ounces and less than four onces of marijuana in a [b]drug-free zone[/b]

I thought all zones were drug free?
[/quote]nope. but by schools they are.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1020379" timestamp="1308837753"]
[quote author=Go-rilla link=topic=85143.msg1020295#msg1020295 date=1308785851]
Small town politics!!!
Slap on the wrist.. Score some TD's.. It will all be forgotten!!

[/quote]so what punishment should he receive? 10 years prison? 20? 6 months county jail?
[/quote]he'll probably get a 1 year sentence but serve 7 months if the judge drops the hammer down.

He will have to suffer the consequences for his actions, but he's still young and has time to pull his head out of his behind before he throws away his entire future.

Most colleges will take his bad choices into consideration, but he'll still be recruited based on his talent level alone.

[quote name="incognito" post="1020389" timestamp="1308841226"]
He will have to suffer the consequences for his actions, but he's still young and has time to pull his head out of his behind before he throws away his entire future.

Most colleges will take his bad choices into consideration, but he'll still be recruited based on his talent level alone.
[/quote]thats true, i thought A&M was recruiting this kid?

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1020402" timestamp="1308845336"]
[quote author=incognito link=topic=85143.msg1020389#msg1020389 date=1308841226]

[/quote]thats true, i thought A&M was recruiting this kid?
[/quote]

He was getting looks from A&M, Oklahoma and Texas  from what I understand.

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1020460" timestamp="1308856932"]
can u still play high school sports with a felony under uil rules i dont think so but not 100% sure?anyone no for sure?
[/quote]

I'm not sure. I think he'll be senior next year, if that's the case he may have to set out his senior year.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1020478" timestamp="1308860950"]
Yes he can play with a felony. He can play on the prison team.
More than likely it will wind up being a state jail felony and he will receive 1 yr. in state jail.
[/quote]And our tax dollars take care of another youth with a non-violent crime. He sits in jail with real criminals, deprived of an earned education and comes out with maybe a GED. WOW!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1020508" timestamp="1308867813"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=85143.msg1020478#msg1020478 date=1308860950]
More than likely it will wind up being a state jail felony and he will receive 1 yr. in state jail.
[/quote]And our tax dollars take care of another youth with a non-violent crime. He sits in jail with real criminals, deprived of an earned education and comes out with maybe a GED. WOW!
[/quote]

Blue, if you were the judge and jury on this young man's case what you do?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1020523" timestamp="1308876828"]
Maintain a strict probationary period- one year or till graduation. Home to school and practice during weekdays. Attend a church and drug counseling. Keep grades up. Community service hours about 30 hours.

[/quote]

Sounds reasonable to me.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1020508" timestamp="1308867813"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=85143.msg1020478#msg1020478 date=1308860950]
[/quote]felony drug conviction is how you become a real criminal

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• So buddy is the OC and AD and you have a head football coach interesting 
    • FBC transfer most likely will. He’s already been on several recruiting visits and has been looking decent on the camp circuit for only being a freshman. I don’t think his family will let him sit past this year though.   JV kid is decent but he’s not really anybody I think you want to rely on competing against good teams with. He has some moxie but he’s smallish and doesn’t have a lot of arm talent. I think he would stay and be a backup no matter what or switch positions if the FBC kid stays. 
    • Oh an institution can move away from God, and the USA is running away from God.  I am not trying to chase you off - this is a free site.  I just wish people would be more open to alternative view points.  The devil wants to sow division.  Nice to hear you admit that God is love.  I generally try to stay off this side of the site - would much rather talk baseball and small town sports.
    • I guess you heard wrong? All of the sophomore studs he grew up with are on varsity and several played great in the Spring game, 4/5 will start and the others are in the two deep. Only kid I heard about going to Dayton is the receiver that left to go to North Shore and he hasn’t even been playing football. Leaving was what he felt was best for his kid, sometimes you have to make those choices. My son would’ve left last year too if he could’ve gotten eligible, doesn’t mean I would’ve liked Crosby less.  
    • It’s always funny to me when present day republicans start talking about what 19th century republicans did, because you’re absolutely right.  Point it out and they get mad, though.  And I vote Republican 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Topics