Lamar "weak" schedule not so weak

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1016499" timestamp="1307245356"]
5 of Lamar's opponents from this year have advanced to Sunday in regionals with Baylor and Mississippi State sitting undefeated in championship games.

Baylor
Rice
Mississippi State
San Francisco
Texas State
[/quote]
They had a "weak" record against them too ;D 3-6

5 of Lamar's opponents from this year have advanced to Sunday in regionals with Baylor and Mississippi State sitting undefeated in championship games.

Baylor
Rice
Mississippi State
San Francisco
Texas State
[/quote]

I think when people call Lamar's schedule weak", they mean teams outside of these. No one thinks these teams were apart of the "weak" schedule.

Guest baseball25
Lamar loss.11.games against teams rpi over 100, and sos is still 125,  like ive been saying go get heefner from dbu!!!! Been saying this for 2 yrs now!!

Baylor
Rice
Mississippi State
San Francisco
Texas State
[/quote]

Wow! 5 out of what? 20ish? And they didn't really have a choice against Tx State.

hey sky, wouldn't you like to see DBU heefner come to lamar and be the Head coach, I know you love G but come on man the program is on a stand still and isn't getting any better, and Lamar program isn't even in the top 4 best programs right now in the southland its a shame....

The DBU coach looks good on paper but I"m not drinking the Kool-Aid just yet. It's Coach G's job as long as he want. Any coach would have a tough time overcoming the injuries they had to. Besides Rickelfson is next in line for head coach and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I am the biggest defender of Coach Gilligan there is, however if Heefner wanted to come you would take him.  Problem is Heefner won't come.  He just took DBU to the Supers.  He can stay there grow his program from there.  Plus, look for Baylor to be giving him a call when they can Steve Smith in a year or two.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder